• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III Reforged - Artistic/Textures/UI Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rebirth mod like patching up a sable coat with a dog's tail ,the newest Rebirth version Arthas model has too many bugs,especially the cloak, and most of models portrait are awful,some parts are dark,the mod like a semi-finished products.

Can you specify the bugs? I have seen no problems with portraits, Arthas' cape is what it should be as you can see from here https://i.ytimg.com/vi/TwtbTUF_EdE/maxresdefault.jpg

also I suggest you to take a look at him in this video where he is shown close up, ingame view and also in a cinematic.

Last edited:
Level 8
Can you specify the bugs? I have seen no problems with portraits, Arthas' cape is what it should be as you can see from here https://i.ytimg.com/vi/TwtbTUF_EdE/maxresdefault.jpg

also I suggest you to take a look at him in this video where he is shown close up, ingame view and also in a cinematic.

I doubt whether you are blind,the cape obvious doesn't fit with the body well,the cape need to be moved above,and the hammer is too ordinary,not like the advertising image.

Attachments

• 3C%RLJE]UCH]5O4RDFXWYGF.png
    3C%RLJE]UCH]5O4RDFXWYGF.png
    107.5 KB · Views: 118
  • OPJ8R8KEJRIRB`5B}[CZ%KG.png
    OPJ8R8KEJRIRB`5B}[CZ%KG.png
    106.3 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_8773.JPG
    IMG_8773.JPG
    234.5 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
I doubt whether you are blind,the cape obvious doesn't fit with the body well,and the hammer is too ordinary,not like the advertising image.

Cape is made same as the picture I've shown, the referance is there, hammer has been changed for to be inline with Warcraft III ordinary look is the needed one again referance is here https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/767876.jpg , cape has no problem at all, only team color is shown like this in mdlvis and not in game

Adsız.png I would keep this look if it was what Arthas was looking like in Warcraft III but it was a model made back then when we only had Hearthstone as a referance, Bfa came up and it ended up looking alot better

Last edited:
I mean the cape is too below,need to be moved more above

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DistortedConsciousArthropods-mobile.jpg as you can see cape ends same as it did in BFA, those parts on shoulders were added to show that they are the area that cape starts, here is the reason, that's why it is not moved more above and will not be moved above further in the future cause it is how it was made in the cinematic which we duplicate the same look

In 8.0 arthas upper edge has some decorative pattern,but your model is changed from old one,so it looks a little stiff, you can takes a little more processing on the cape.

It is actually a part of armor https://media.discordapp.net/attach...-wallace-bfa-armor_1.jpg?width=755&height=472 it should be even lower like this but I moved it abit more above for making it's bones fit with wc3 animations, I will not work further on it since it will turn out not connected to the parts of the shoulder pads which meant to hold the cape

Level 8
I'm in the Return of storm QQ group,I admit their models are better than rebirth,because their models are call for much deliberation.

You can for sure, we work together some people likes Hots one, we like BFA one cause it looks more inline with WC3 one, I am not pushing Commedia to use it or not, that's why some of the models differ from each other cause of different tastes, we agree on 90% and disagree on 10%

do somebody know what type of model format will be used in wc3 reforged?
in old wc3 was MDX what about the new one?

I'm not sure what the name will be but I have the confirmation that it will be different and I think it will 99% be called a .m3 but will be a new format of it (sc2,diablo,hots,overwatch all of them uses different up to date versions of .m3 extension)

Level 2
I'm not sure what the name will be but I have the confirmation that it will be different and I think it will 99% be called a .m3 but will be a new format of it (sc2,diablo,hots,overwatch all of them uses different up to date versions of .m3 extension)
that's a sad news for me... but tnx for the info.

1. FAKE
2. Those barracks suck

Barracks are real 3d model pasted on reforged gameplay screen.

They are actually awesome,have 3d depth on edges its shape is so realistic and fiting for reforged,and 1 important thing i should not forgot are larger brick samples,that thing make them look cool from air distance.

What people who prefer realistic textures may dont like is that model use handpainted (wow) textures, thats why maybe.

But in demo we see different styles mixed. We will know which style is final when beta comes out

Also probably ending edges on towers roof could look different a bit like they did on WAA towhnhalls-castle-keep , but honestly its far better than metal on reforged roof and pandaria alike curved shape...

Reforged model doesnt have 3d depth it doesnt look strong and fiting for new "realistic" style they claim they do (which they dont,cause they went realistic textures,anime face for arthas and cartoony proportions for some-mainly human models, and flat or toy shaped some-human buildings)

And ye brick samples in reforged are smaller, and they boosted black lines between them but it will never help not even with ultra contrast and realistic textures. Also i saw they nonsense randomize it xD
It just wont help for RTS

OUyTT9j.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for double post. All i can say for now is probably we are happy with the quality of product, its all that is matters for us in this moment.
Later on we will provide some suggestion for modifications or changes for some parts,cause i think its not the good moment to do it right now, i think we should enjoy in those news first !
Well i am happy generally!

OzJCywn.jpg
VgDcq5W.jpg
R8ig9L7.jpg
edwwBJc.jpg
WOfvzwL.jpg
4FKMSHo.jpg
32mDnC9.jpg
bwJJXn5.jpg

Warning : Those pictures does not represent the original quality appareance of model,and they are taken with mobile phone camera from a video beam.
j7lXLY0

Last edited:
Level 7
In my opinion, generally speaking, all the new models shown look very good. Personally I think that some of them lack some details, but I can live with it.

However... I think no one can defend Thrall's wolf, it's horrible, I'm sorry.

ThrallReforged.jpg

Level 8
In my opinion, generally speaking, all the new models shown look very good. Personally I think that some of them lack some details, but I can live with it.

However... I think no one can defend Thrall's wolf, it's horrible, I'm sorry.

View attachment 329465
Yes,these models are wonderful,but footman,Jaina(face),and night elf dark ranger looks very strange.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Sorry for double post.
It's an update. Plus it's been over 24hs since your last post.

What's with the armour on those poor animals? Tyrande's tiger had none and Thrall's wolf didn't have any on the face. Plus it looks too imperial and heavy for the animal to properly move and keep its head straight.
It might work on Antonidas' horse because Kirin Tor are usually dandy.
Night elves have blue hair in Warcraft III, not green. Where's the tiara on Tyrande's head?

Red dragons look like WoW's death wing. I think they should differentiate the dragons more than just colour if they went for "realism".

I'm generally OK with most of them. Some armour on the Huntress panther doesn't hurt since it's mostly a close combat warrior.
However, the pompous Asian style can still be seen.

It's an update. Plus it's been over 24hs since your last post.

What's with the armour on those poor animals? Tyrande's tiger had none and Thrall's wolf didn't have any on the face. Plus it looks too imperial and heavy for the animal to properly move and keep its head straight.
It might work on Antonidas' horse because Kirin Tor are usually dandy.
Night elves have blue hair in Warcraft III, not green. Where's the tiara on Tyrande's head?

Red dragons look like WoW's death wing. I think they should differentiate the dragons more than just colour if they went for "realism".

I'm generally OK with most of them. Some armour on the Huntress panther doesn't hurt since it's mostly a close combat warrior.
However, the pompous Asian style can still be seen.

Those pictures are from VK russian site and appareantly shooted at ChinaJoy.

To me some models like Thrall look like concept art. So i not sure whats real here, and what freedom they did puting this pictures.
We dont have any official statements yet.

So take this at your own risks. To me its generally good,i would say some parts could be modified or removed ye but i am afraid in this moment (where we got some news ,even unnoficial) it would be considered as toxic or nitpicking attitude... About quality,it makes me happy thats why i wont tell things about some uneccessery or weird parts

heres the gallery link url

Imgur

Level 34
To me some models like Thrall look like concept art. So i not sure whats real here, and what freedom they did puting this pictures.
We dont have any official statements yet.
Actually looks like a fleshed out versión of this unused concept art piece of Doomhammer from the movie

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
Actually looks like a fleshed out versión of this unused concept art piece of Doomhammer from the movie

With no official cofirmation, i must say some pictures looks like they used photoshop to cosmetic real models..
Generally models looks good, very satisfyed with quality some models posses amazing super nice quality, but still ill have to be detailed...

Imgur

Time to give feedback for me has come ill go in order by pictures :

-Sorceress is awesome to me. Shes nearly 10/10 if only she has bigger bra and more ball shape for larger breast.
Please dont attack me its sexual thing or something, i talk about proportions.
She has a very attractive voice in warcraft and she has proud chest!
What Reforged did they make her number 4 position and shape and even reduce size pff...
Sorceress deserves number 1 and even prouder!
JNlyjRF.jpg

-Antonidas is nice quality. But it seems horse muzzle (animal part where nose is) is very short.
The whole feeling of a model to me generaly is an Asian Emperor gray-haired,thin mustaches + long beard.
Did you see his line decoration on clothes?
An Asian Gandalf.
81ac97409b2692e84400cd89214b67cf.jpg

ipXOHzA.jpg

-Tyrande quality good..Shes has Hots feeling,but shes good.

What i suggest Priestess model dont have armor on tiger face and raider look different.

-Huntress quality good. But i still prefer shes not covered with that front armor on puma.
A "nitpicking" detail : Over the front leg of puma theres a belt.
Its unecessery detail that can harm the appareance of model.
Also it doesnt help to recognision,should be deleted.

Maybe leave front armor on puma head for Naisha from campiagn, so she significantly differes from regular huntresses?

- Acolyte quality good. What bothers me is proportions abit, they are similar to wow ,thin stomach part which gives a feeling dress is over exagarated.
Armor erm was not necessery,but hm ok...
Adding a sacrificial knife would be good
But anyway acolyte is good

- Dragon quality good.

With all those unecessery horns spam and front jaw reminds on deathwing from wow...
Head design is wrong...
Also scale on top are wrongly positioned, in wc3 it goes huge on top and it lowers towards tail...

-Kodo raider model quality good. Its a bit funny they put fat orc, but its fine.
Whats wierd is those Bob Marley dreds as his beard :D

I dont know,seems like new style we cant do anything about.

But honestly i wont bitch around about it, Kodo animal and all parts looks super awesome quality is good and thats most important!

But they cant do this dred thing for demon kodo raider,no way it would be unforgivable.

- Thrall,erm i not happy. Wolf is weird with foxy tail...Thrall rider is hots replica of himself which not bad...But still...

Wolf head armor to much layers,colors look like alliance mounts from wow with horns stabbed into.
Horns not enough to make an orcish armor guys for mount.
Whole model generally look to me like its post drawn in photoshop,specually wolf

I wish wolf is more stronger,taller a bit and front head part is stonger,talking about base body..
Also too much small parts and layers reduce strenght appareance in warcraft 3.
Its RTS for god sake.

i mean i will show the picture,this is ridicilous how tall is rofl, but my point is we need a real bast in naked proportions,later on you will boost with armor!
Spamming armor wont make models stronger if body looks weak!
You will understand my point rofl
Wwyishq.jpg

Sorry guys, i dare to speak and tell my feelings in a way someone would never do, but i assure you i am deadly serious about art feedback and honest !

Last edited:
I found out that LemonSky Studios just now noticed the Reforged models being shown in ChinaJoy, we can see how the communication between two teams are in a godlike level from it that art team sees 'their' stuff from a WoWhead article...
Lemon Sky

Also here is the QA guy of the studios that works on Reforged Project: https://www.facebook.com/AdriAhmadB...hEiNMn6u8vQn77fDJ1rszPMYAw623IBD5lE9UZ5WXJPQY maybe we should somehow contact him and give our feedback directly to him.

Last edited:
Level 11
Blizzard ban art feedbacks from forums since day one.
This is completely untrue. I have expressed my views about art on Blizzard forums several times, and about other subjects too. I have given feedback that was not particularly positive, whether it was about art or lore, and not even once have I been banned. Maybe because I did it in a polite and sensible way?

This is completely untrue. I have expressed my views about art on Blizzard forums several times, and about other subjects too. I have given feedback that was not particularly positive, whether it was about art or lore, and not even once have I been banned. Maybe because I did it in a polite and sensible way?

You were probably polite , i do it in weird way probably and i recieved critics about it, and i i am geting aware of it.
Sometimes i was very toxic intentionaly , too much emotionaly driven mad on some nonsense designs and weird things.
I understand if those things got banned totally.
But also this is not the only aspect of geting ban there, cause also there are people who are 24-7 intentionaly defending some nonesene things and choices of blizz, prolonging some political or religious discussion and while doing so waiting other side to get caught into it to hit flag button.

Anyway, while providing art feedback did you create your own thread? Did someone argue endlessly with you about expressing your attitude about art?

Level 20
i do it in weird way (...) Sometimes i was very toxic intentionaly , too much emotionaly driven mad
I guess this is your problem.

Every time I visit Blizzard forums, I see a ton of posts that are highly critical of the devs' design choices. And yes, this includes art. If some of your posts got removed or you got banned, chances are that it is because you violated the ToS, not because art is some sort of a forbidden topic.

P.S. While we're on the topic - being toxic and emotionally driven really doesn't help champion your cause. Based on some interviews with Blizzard's community managers and developers that I've read, it's far more likely that they will take your feedback into consideration if you try to provide rational arguments in a civil manner.

But also this is not the only aspect of geting ban there, cause also there are people who are 24-7 intentionaly defending some nonesene things and choices of blizz
And what is wrong with that? If you're free to express your opinions, others are free to disagree with them.

Last edited:
I guess this is your problem.

Every time I visit Blizzard forums, I see a ton of posts that are highly critical of the devs' design choices. And yes, this includes art. If some of your posts got removed or you got banned, chances are that it is because you violated the ToS, not because art is some sort of a forbidden topic.

P.S. While we're on the topic - being toxic and emotionally driven really doesn't help champion your cause. Based on some interviews with Blizzard's community managers and developers that I've read, it's far more likely that they will take your feedback into consideration if you try to provide rational arguments in a civil manner.

And what is wrong with that? If you're free to express your opinions, others are free to disagree with them.

Most of those art threads you saw are deleted by now :D

How many art feedbacks about models and environment left on forums , like 10-15 ? Did you investigate ?

And its not totaly true they delete only toxic or threads agaisnt CoC, they deleted 2 grunt art feedbacks that werent offencive at all, no bad words,no weird language, no insult. Clean,mannered,constructive.

Reality is something else, its not only kantarion being toxic or using weird language with spelling mistakes.

Its also about people summoned on art feedback prolonging some endless political or religion or LGBT discussion where your artfeedback thread got deleted at the end.

Art feedback is not desired. 10 months has passed and they gotta release the game before 2nd november. Soon its september, so you got like 2 months to provide feedback? How much models,environment,buildings left to be shown to us so we can give our feedback?

Do you believe our opinion metters in time where art is kinda cored and finished?
Ill tell you what will happen, you will be able to complain about some irrelevant things and everybody will accuse you for nitpicking.
You cant do much about it, if blizz cared about artfeedback they wouldnt make that footman statue toy xD

Level 20
And its not totaly true they delete only toxic or threads agaisnt CoC, they deleted 2 grunt art feedbacks that werent offencive at all, no bad words,no weird language, no insult. Clean,mannered,constructive.
Are you sure they got deleted and not just closed/moved/whatever? If so then I agree, it's weird.

Its also about people summoned on art feedback prolonging some endless political or religion or LGBT discussion where your artfeedback thread got deleted at the end.
Well, as a former moderator of pretty big forums, I'd say something like this warrants the thread being locked and/or some of the derailing comments being removed with their authors having action taken against their accounts. That's along the lines what I've seen Blizzard do in their other forums (WoW, SC2). I can't really see why they'd have a different policy for Reforged. If they do then well, that's strange.

Art feedback is not desired. 10 months has passed and they gotta release the game before 2nd november.
Isn't their deadline like until the end of the year?

Soon its september, so you got like 2 months to provide feedback? How much models,environment,buildings left to be shown to us so we can give our feedback?
The thing is, art is one of the more demanding areas of development in terms of time/development resources. Realistically, they might make some minor tweaks here and there, but expecting them to make huge changes and still be able to release this year isn't rational. And even if they somehow could do that - art is a highly subjective topic. There will always be people who don't like how something looks, so even if Blizzard acted on every bit of feedback, they still wouldn't be able to make everyone happy.

Do you believe our opinion metters in time where art is kinda cored and finished?
It's like asking whether your election vote matters. The truth is - you're a single person, your opinion matters when there's enough people who share it. In other words, if there's enough people who don't like something, they might act upon that feedback, but a single person or a small group of people? That's rather unlikely. And there's nothing wrong with that - Blizzard is aiming to sell their products to millions of people. Expecting them to change something because one person doesn't like it is silly.

So, answering your question - yes, your voice matters, not as a singular opinion, but how it contributes to the overall feedback they get. And from what I've seen, while some people dislike this or that, the overall reception of Reforged's artstyle has been largely positive.

Ill tell you what will happen, you will be able to complain about some irrelevant things and everybody will accuse you for nitpicking.
Well, perhaps some of the complaints are nitpicky? Like - you've complained about Antonidas' horse having a short muzzle. It might be a valid criticism, sure, but ask yourself this - how likely is an average person to notice that in-game? I'd say chances are very slim.

Now think about this - their artists probably have a lot of things they need to be working on, whether for Reforged or some of their other games. Does it make more sense to have these artists work on fixing some small details most people won't care about or actually work on completing assets that are required to release products? I'd say the latter is more important. That's just how big companies operate. They have limited resources and they allocate them based on their development priorities. And if they don't want to get stuck in "development hell" (i.e. be able to actually release the product within a reasonable timeframe), they have to settle for some things being "good enough" rather than "perfect".

And whether they care about art feedback - I think they did care about it when the trailer was released, but not in a way that they actively looked for every little thing that some people thought were wrong, but on a bigger scale, i.e. whether the majority of people like the overall art direction. And believe it or not, I think most people actually did. Anything beyond that? Well, I guess if some model or detail got alot of attention from the wider audience, they'd probably change it too, but once again, expecting them to go back and correct every single detail that someone didn't like and still be able to release the game within the estimated timeframe (or any other timeframe that is rational) doesn't make sense.

---

What it ultimately comes down to is - I don't think they're looking for feedback on whether their art is perfect. They know it isn't. What I believe they're looking for instead is learning whether their work is simply good enough for most people.

And even looking at your feedback, I got the impression that the answer is for the most part "yes".

Last edited:
And from what I've seen, while some people dislike this or that, the overall reception of Reforged's artstyle has been largely positive.

Are you sure about that, this whole thread is about it's critics and most of the people that posted on Hive or Forums dislikes the new artstyle, also about them caring for the feedback, they made a statue out of the most criticized model, Footman a statue for promoting Blizzcon and made no changes to it at all.

WTii has an epic quote about Reforged 'It does not look like Warcraft III, it looks like it is INSPIRED by Warcraft III, you know from an indie dev company that copies the game'

Last edited:
Level 20
Are you sure about that, this whole thread is about it's critics
I don't think using this site as a barometer of how the general audience responded to Reforged is a smart choice. Like it or not, I think that this is a fairly small and niche community that consists primarily of the more "diehard" Warcraft 3 fans. What this means is that people here will pay a lot more attention to details and generally be more critical in their response, especially if something is even slightly different to what they got used to over the years.

Meanwhile, looking at the more general audience - youtube comments, gaming websites, forums not dedicated to W3 modding, official forums, twitter, etc. - I haven't really seen that many complaints about the artstyle. Obviously, I'm just one person and it's just my impression - your mileage may vary, but... I remember the backlash Diablo 3 got when it was first announced. It was everywhere. I don't see anything even remotely close to that with Reforged. And considering that people are generally far more likely to express their opinion about something that they don't like, it leads me to believe that a wider audience has for the most part accepted the new artstyle.

P.S. One more thing to consider - the response doesn't have to be positive for the feedback to be viewed as positive. I mean, when they've made a change to the artstyle, they've most likely expected people like us (and yes, I'm with you - I too feel that they went a bit too far and I'd prefer a more faithful recreation) to be critical of it, but... we don't know how critical they've thought we'd be. Perhaps it wasn't as bad as they've expected? If so, the fact that we didn't riot as much as they've thought we would might actually be considered... positive feedback.

So yeah, we f...ed up by not taking these pitchforks to Blizzard's HQ, boys :D

Last edited:
Are you sure they got deleted and not just closed/moved/whatever? If so then I agree, it's weird.

Well, as a former moderator of pretty big forums, I'd say something like this warrants the thread being locked and/or some of the derailing comments being removed with their authors having action taken against their accounts. That's along the lines what I've seen Blizzard do in their other forums (WoW, SC2). I can't really see why they'd have a different policy for Reforged. If they do then well, that's strange.

Isn't their deadline like until the end of the year?

The thing is, art is one of the more demanding areas of development in terms of time/development resources. Realistically, they might make some minor tweaks here and there, but expecting them to make huge changes and still be able to release this year isn't rational. And even if they somehow could do that - art is a highly subjective topic. There will always be people who don't like how something looks, so even if Blizzard acted on every bit of feedback, they still wouldn't be able to make everyone happy.

It's like asking whether your election vote matters. The truth is - you're a single person, your opinion matters when there's enough people who share it. In other words, if there's enough people who don't like something, they might act upon that feedback, but a single person or a small group of people? That's rather unlikely. And there's nothing wrong with that - Blizzard is aiming to sell their products to millions of people. Expecting them to change something because one person doesn't like it is silly.

So, answering your question - yes, your voice matters, not as a singular opinion, but how it contributes to the overall feedback they get. And from what I've seen, while some people dislike this or that, the overall reception of Reforged's artstyle has been largely positive.

Well, perhaps some of the complaints are nitpicky? Like - you've complained about Antonidas' horse having a short muzzle. It might be a valid criticism, sure, but ask yourself this - how likely is an average person to notice that in-game? I'd say chances are very slim.

Now think about this - their artists probably have a lot of things they need to be working on, whether for Reforged or some of their other games. Does it make more sense to have these artists work on fixing some small details most people won't care about or actually work on completing assets that are required to release products? I'd say the latter is more important. That's just how big companies operate. They have limited resources and they allocate them based on their development priorities. And if they don't want to get stuck in "development hell" (i.e. be able to actually release the product within a reasonable timeframe), they have to settle for some things being "good enough" rather than "perfect".

And whether they care about art feedback - I think they did care about it when the trailer was released, but not in a way that they actively looked for every little thing that some people thought were wrong, but on a bigger scale, i.e. whether the majority of people like the overall art direction. And believe it or not, I think most people actually did. Anything beyond that? Well, I guess if some model or detail got alot of attention from the wider audience, they'd probably change it too, but once again, expecting them to go back and correct every single detail that someone didn't like and still be able to release the game within the estimated timeframe (or any other timeframe that is rational) doesn't make sense.

---

What it ultimately comes down to is - I don't think they're looking for feedback on whether their art is perfect. They know it isn't. What I believe they're looking for instead is learning whether their work is simply good enough for most people.

And even looking at your feedback, I got the impression that the answer is for the most part "yes".

If twiter and other non wc3 related sites or groups represent majority of positive feedback and relevant thinking, and this community doesnt means to blizz that much then enjoy this providing feedback

Also, about footman there was a mass rebellion on all major wc3 communitys, even in youtube video :D
Look at like/dislike rates man :D it was way worse before

Level 13
Don't know if it's the right forum or place to post this, but.
After taking a second look at the three official clips about the reforged.

Is it just me or does it seem to anyone else that HotS is being recycled a lot, I do mean a lot, in reforged?

Level 1
Completely agree on everything. I also think they should pop a helmet on the knights, to make them seem more like knights and not peasants. Maybe even go back to just having a shield and long spiked warhammer(WC2 style) instead of the confused sword and lance combo.

Level 11
Completely agree on everything. I also think they should pop a helmet on the knights, to make them seem more like knights and not peasants. Maybe even go back to just having a shield and long spiked warhammer(WC2 style) instead of the confused sword and lance combo.
I would love to have that, but it wouldn't be faithful to the original WC3 knight. As a separate DLC model, why not?

Level 14
Artistry in models is great, but as i was saying before - the direction should've been to maintain Wc3/WoW aesthetic and avoid making models so ..busy, and especially keep the animations doing exacly the same movement just remade for mode detail and framerate(like wc3hd), i am all for doodad and unit and just asset addition and partial remake of the campaign, especially quel'thalas. I just wish they would do it the way Resident Evil 1's remake on Gamecube was, so vibe and atmosphere is the same but realized fully with no limitations that original version faced initially. Design should be purely based on originals only and not latter works, maybe with exceptions like using BFA Jaina(her face specificly because its a spot on remake of her wc3 face and minor parts of her clothing are in wc3 style and colour so white,gold and black with gloves etc.) and Arthas. I see that some models got changed for the better, but many are just insanly busy with excessive armour and spikes just for sake of it, instead of remaking the original, not everything has to be so forcefully full of unrealistic decorations and excess, wc3 itself had more down to earth design, and with legion much better and intimidating Infernals, WoW Legion style one that reforged has is just completely awful and missed the mark all together. All the assets will allow for more variety without too big reliance on importing, especially since old assets are not renderend obsolete and wont fit new artstyle which is a big loss.

I dont like how Tauren and Sylvanas have these wow races stances, its direct copy of something really bad and only caused by limiations of wow, she shouldnt have this blood elf stuck up stance and tauren were more menacing and felt bigger with wc3 animations, WoW ones are boring and undo that effect all together. Best would be to remake the animations of originals like Wc3HD asset pack in Starcraft 2 does have.

Also Tyrande should be just Wc3HD Moon priestess model instead - its perfect

sc2wc3.jpg

And Jaina should look exacly like in BFA face-wise because its the best remake of her original wc3 appearence and looks exacly like wc3 self in there:
maxresdefault.jpg

While Reforged model does not look like her too much, and has that smug smirk that isnt her at all. So please change that.

Last edited:
Level 20
I dont like how Tauren and Sylvanas have these wow races stances, its direct copy of something really bad and only caused by limiations of wow,
You might want to take a good long look at Tauren again-- that is the same stance they've always had, minus the comically puny legs.

Also I don't see why you're specifically picking out Sylvanas when she's not the only one adopting a neutral stance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.