• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III Reforged - Artistic/Textures/UI Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found ways to improve the game trough modding for more rational appareance of unit models and some doodads, working on existing basis, like edit proportions or using reforged parts only.

I dont know how classic team stands with funds, but the most cheapest way for now is to mod reforged to more loyal models of the classic or even blizzard universe.

Speaking of Thrall face, i think it shoud be more long and thin with less beard than existing one.

I know why they put super beards on orcs like this, but i will be accused for racism or something. I want to tell those people that i read Holy Qoran and i believe in it,even i come from christian country. I am not racist. End of the story

But theres no place in fantasy game to put your national culture dressings or beards into warcraft 3. Militia reforged models reminds me of christian crusade from other rts games...I am sorry...This is fantasy game...Hesus Hernando Christo why....

d4N8JJa.png

Beard is from end cinematic samuro-thrall model edited...
People around bllues told me they dont see the difference and its minor.

Sure,sure. They say it for every model , because they dont care, and at the end we got game that is not warcraft 3 anymore...

Classic team aint real developers, they are more to be like maintaince tehnicians.

Their team need to be boosted with real professional who would help them, and classic team would fast bring them to problems they are facing.

Do we know how much money was invested in this project ?

https://twitter.com/ATVI_AB/status/1271117546981228544/photo/1

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I know why they put super beards on orcs like this, but i will be accused for racism or something. I want to tell those people that i read Holy Qoran and i believe in it,even i come from christian country. I am not racist. End of the story

But theres no place in fantasy game to put your national culture dressings or beards into warcraft 3. Militia reforged models reminds me of christian crusade from other rts games...I am sorry...This is fantasy game...Hesus Hernando Christo why....
I think they made them look more Mongol than Chinese. I didn't get any Arab vibes...

Level 4
I think they made them look more Mongol than Chinese. I didn't get any Arab vibes...
I think there is no appearance of Islamics in the Orcs. Despite the elongated beard and etc ... the Orcs' faces are very authentic. However, I agree that the models could have smaller beards like the edition made by kantarion. You could even make your proposals available for each Reforged model edited here for the community .. lol
But as for humans, most were left with an Islamic appearance. The main Paladin (putzz reminds a Lebanese), Militia, some bandits, Footman without a helmet and even most Paladins.
Less badly than some still look more like Westerners, like Uther, Arthas and the Dagren Orcslayer.

Last edited:
I think there is no appearance of Islamics in the Orcs. Despite the elongated beard and etc ... the Orcs' faces are very authentic. However, I agree that the models could have smaller beards like the edition made by kantarion. You could even make your proposals available for each Reforged model edited here for the community .. lol
But as for humans, most were left with an Islamic appearance. The main Paladin (putzz reminds a Lebanese), Militia, some bandits, Footman without a helmet and even most Paladins.
Less badly than some still look more like Westerners, like Uther, Arthas and the Dagren Orcslayer.

You are banned in my eyes .

There's nothing objectively "right" or "wrong" about liking or disliking something.

If he liked 95% of Reforged then well, good for him, no reason to be a douche to someone just because he liked something that you didn't.

There is objectivity when the case is not a new game but a remaster though

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
If we were talking about apples and oranges sure, but we are talking about buying the same kind of apple from the same seller but getting an orange instead
Not really. More like, Herod bought the orange that was shown on the stall but did not know that the juice was missing, whilst you realized the orange was not as you knew oranges before buying it. Something attracted Herod more to buy this new orange instead of the commonly known ones.

Level 13
No, there is not.

And again (I guess I just like to repeat myself at this point), Reforged was never going to be a remaster. If it was it would've been called "Warcraft 3 Remastered". Instead it ended up being a cancelled remake, which scrapped everything apart from new graphics. And the new graphics aren't good, but to me at least it's not due to new unit models, but, well.....due to pretty much everything else. And most (if not all) of those stuff have nothing to do with LemonSky, but rather with Blizzard scrapping engine reworks and releasing modern models with a 20 year old engine.
And that's another sad thing. I mean Blizzard games have among the (if not the) best graphics in the world. I mean look at Starcraft II. It's breath taking, even today (and by today's standards) when the game is more or less dead. And not to mention OW. It's like you're in the middle of a f**king Pixar. Of course you can't compare Reforged with their main game(kid friendly FPSs just work nowadays), but still.....

No, there is not.

And again (I guess I just like to repeat myself at this point), Reforged was never going to be a remaster. If it was it would've been called "Warcraft 3 Remastered". Instead it ended up being a cancelled remake, which scrapped everything apart from new graphics. And the new graphics aren't good, but to me at least it's not due to new unit models, but, well.....due to pretty much everything else. And most (if not all) of those stuff have nothing to do with LemonSky, but rather with Blizzard scrapping engine reworks and releasing modern models with a 20 year old engine.
And that's another sad thing. I mean Blizzard games have among the (if not the) best graphics in the world. I mean look at Starcraft II. It's breath taking, even today (and by today's standards) when the game is more or less dead. And not to mention OW. It's like you're in the middle of a f**king Pixar. Of course you can't compare Reforged with their main game(kid friendly FPSs just work nowadays), but still.....

Thing is Reforged is not living up to Blizzard's graphics standards which I agree that are the best in the world be it WoW,Sc2, Hots and OW yet Reforged looks nothing like it when all other titles are living in an harmony so much that you can basically add one games model into another and it just fits right in. Reforged on the other hand looks like some alien game that does not belong to Blizzard or Warcraft title. Also game was never ment to be a remaster they made it clear in Blizzcon 2018 that it will be using the same engine just updated to Bnet 2.0, the reason why they were calling it more than a remaster was retcons the campaign will get. To be a 'failed remake' you first need it announced being on a new engine so no backwards compatibility so goodbye to all the database wc3 has 17 years, they did not do it and announced that they'll not do it in day one (which ofcourse is the right desicion even though the real outcome is bad for original game right now, it was the right move to make)

Level 20
There's no difference between new games and remasters in this regard - it's still a subjective matter whether you like the new version or not.

Look at it this way - let's say you love a certain type of pizza, but one day the pizza place that you used to get it at decides to change the recipe of its tomato sauce that's present on all of their pizzas, including the one you liked. Technically it's still the same pizza and... what? Just because you don't like it with the new sauce, someone else isn't allowed to still enjoy it? Or maybe even like it more with the new sauce? Come on, we all know that's not true.

There's no difference between new games and remasters in this regard - it's still a subjective matter whether you like the new version or not.

Look at it this way - let's say you love a certain type of pizza, but one day the pizza place that you used to get it at decides to change the recipe of its tomato sauce that's present on all of their pizzas, including the one you liked. Technically it's still the same pizza and... what? Just because you don't like it with the new sauce, someone else isn't allowed to still enjoy it? Or maybe even like it more with the new sauce? Come on, we all know that's not true.

We are talking about a remaster, it is not about changing the tomato sauce it is about saying the pizza has got pepperoni but the thing that is being served is 'pepperoni shaped' pineapple

Level 20
We are talking about a remaster, it is not about changing the tomato sauce it is about saying the pizza has got pepperoni but the thing that is being served is 'pepperoni shaped' pineapple
So... what? Perhaps someone likes pepperoni shaped pineapples?

Again, I'm not arguing either against or for the new artstyle. All I'm saying is that we should not dictate what other people are allowed to like.

Level 20
Does it make it a pepperoni pizza ? Nope so it is objectively wrong, if you were paying for 'a new pizza that Blizzard will come out with' it would be subjective but this is 'pepperoni pizza remastered' missing it's pepperoni
How does this mean that nobody is allowed to like that pizza? I get it, it's ridiculous for someone to come and say "oh, it's a pepperoni pizza" if it has no pepperoni, okay, but it's still a food item that someone can like, regardless of what's it called and whether or not the content matches the name.

Theres nothing to like or dislike here. Reforged sux, its a fact. End of the story

Do not discuss about a poo. Do not try to defend how poo smells fine, or try convice and provide evidence that poo smells awful.

Because Reforged is a poo. Everyone knows it. Its a fact . End of the story.

In my eyes you are all banned. End of the story

How does this mean that nobody is allowed to like that pizza? I get it, it's ridiculous for someone to come and say "oh, it's a pepperoni pizza" if it has no pepperoni, okay, but it's still a food item that someone can like, regardless of what's it called and whether or not the content matches the name.

Thing lies in my first answer 'new game vs remaster' you can like that food product but you can't sell it as pepperoni pizza

Level 20
Thing lies in my first answer 'new game vs remaster' you can like that food product but you can't sell it as pepperoni pizza
So can we settle on this - it's fine to like Reforged as a GAME (because it's still a game), but not fine to like it as a WARCRAFT 3 REMASTER (because it's clearly not)?

Do not try to defend how poo smells fine
I'm not defending Reforged here - I have my own opinion about it, which I've shared many times. All I'm defending is people's right to decide what they like on their own instead of having to conform to some arbitrary standard made by other people.

In other words, what I'm saying is - just like whatever you like, I might disagree with you and not like the same thing, but that's fine.

Last edited:
Level 13
To be a 'failed remake' you first need it announced being on a new engine so no backwards compatibility so goodbye to all the database wc3 has 17 years, they did not do it and announced that they'll not do it in day one (which ofcourse is the right desicion even though the real outcome is bad for original game right now, it was the right move to make)
I'm pretty certain that they said something like the engine is going to be heavily modified in ordered to be able to support new graphics and new effects from the demo, moving trees and grass, weather effects etc....I can swear I read it in many places(like Polygon or IGN and even including the Hive), I think there's even a clip on youtube.
Also I disagree that you could put any model from any game and have it not look like an alien. E.g a Protoss next to a Dreanei would look like a scene from "Who framed Rodger Rabbit". They would look like weird aliens, and not just cause they both are.

So can we settle on this - it's fine to like Reforged as a GAME (because it's still a game), but not fine to like it as a WARCRAFT 3 REMASTER (because it's clearly not)?

I'm not defending Reforged here - I have my own opinion about it, which I've shared many times. All I'm defending is people's right to decide what they like on their own instead of having to conform to some arbitrary standard made by other people.

In other words, what I'm saying is - just like whatever you like, I might disagree with you and not like the same thing, but that's fine.

Is it a game though, it is using Warcraft III as it's name and claiming to be it's remaster (not a remake*)

Level 20
Is it a game though
As per Wikipedia:

A video game is an electronic (i.e. employing electronics to create an interactive system with which a player can play) game (i.e. a structured form of play, usually undertaken for entertainment or fun), that involves interaction with a user interface to generate visual feedback on a two- or three-dimensional video display device.
Does it employ electronics and is it interactive? Yes.
Is is a structured form of play and can you play it? Yes.
Is it meant to be used for entertainment? Yes.
Does it involve interaction with a user interface? Yes.
Does it generate visual feedback on a video display device? Yes.

Ergo - yes, it is a game. Perhaps improperly branded, but still a game.

Level 17
I gotta say a little bit. in my humble opinion, Reforged looking good or bad as a standalone product is a matter of subjectivity.

However, in this very specific and extremely niche case, you can almost "paint" one side of the subjectivity as objectivity.

Warcraft 3 had an art style, broader Blizzard art had an art style. mostly what i personally care to point out is the non PBR based models, page 33 of my review perfectly describes my review so i won't repeat myself. Reforged went against set style and idea.

But there is some things that can be argued objectively here, and i would like to point them out, like whether or not the new visual overhaul is objectively better for an 18 year old RTS game or not. in this situation if we exclude art style from it, yes i do see how i as a person can tell that Reforgeds visual overhaul is objectively worse for the game... functionally. because of the huge amount of problems, issues, framerate loss and optimization that is required from the Classic Team to make sure this over the top visuals run properly on the game.

And it just so "happens" to be that the games older visual "Idea" magically aligns itself to be in the best interests of the game in terms of development time, effort and budget spent in it. because a simplistic visual remaster which is what me and YourArthas and Kantarion are talking about would indeed give the developers faaaar easier time managing this entire mess.

I think i presented a well written context of how a topic that is so obviously subjective could possibly be turned into an objective argument. i will say again, i am only able to do this because of the extremely unique situation that Blizzard Entertainments non Reforged related art, Warcraft 3's own Art, the fact that Warcraft 3 is an RTS game. and how its idea of non PBR based handpainted models are objectively less costly, less time consuming and less effort required and still keep in line with how it War3 used to look while greatly increasing its quality. and having more time left to then be put into the meat and bone of the games features and functionality.

Outside of this context, art is always subjective and there is no room to fight over who's "right" or "wrong".

Level 14
There are several objective reasons to why Reforged is horribly inappropriate and is a disservice to original game with art alone.
-First of all it fails to capture and preserve the original artstyle in it's fully realized form(freed from 2000/2001 hardware limitations specificly in terms of polycount/amount of detail on the model and texture resolution);
-Which ties in directly with the purpose of Warcraft III's graphics as explained by Samwise Didier on several occassions in interviews - readability, good and readable graphics from top down(with specific comment that previous attempts at realistic graphics looked bad from isometric perspective);
-Emotive and/or distinct animation which both helps it quite considerably in the ingame cutscenes, portraits and on the map with unit indetification/readability;
-Another fault of Reforged's art is that all the content made througout last 18 years is rendered obsolete or unfitting for use with HD mode because of severe visual clashing and bad implementation with specular lighting which makes it look arguably worse with reflection that cover up texture detail on these models meant specificly to fit within original Wc3 art, and is in same or close artstyle to it.

Hiding behind the fact "SD mode exists" is invalid and as Reforged's problems and severe damage it has done to the community instead of more beneficial -> revitalization of the community with new surge in players, if it was done correctly. Prefferably as a remaster. Especially with previous much better attempts by Blizzard i.e. Starcraft Remastered and World of Warcraft Classic.
On actually 'subjective', but factual note - Visually RF looks like "reverse" case of ripped World of Warcraft models due to how unfit for this game it is, and its bad animation.

Seeing these icons made probably only for matchmaking portraits, it was easily possible for them to fit within the artstyle and actually have some objectively good improvements over the original icons in terms of lighting or some detail, or by having a drawn icon in replacement of one of older ones that was just a screenshot(Naga myrmidon for instance) while staying within the drawn artyle close to how Samwise's artwork was coloured. It's an example of how it should've been, but a ego of certain gentlemen who found some weird pleasure in mockery of original game and artist behind it at both Blizzcon devpanels, and soon after promtly leaving prior Reforged's release...."Got in the way" ....but that is a tangent for another day...
Icons.png

I find specific "symphony" between how both RF's art and redub of nonenglish versions tries as hard as possible to be different to original english dub and art as possible. While paying meaningless lipservice like majority of icons do. Effort is not indicative of quality, RF's art being high fidelity doesnt make it appropriate nor good for what it should've been, just like Lion King remake from 2019 is much worse than original 1994 2D animated version, for very similar reasons. Warcarft III for so many reasons needed a humble, thoughtful remastering effort, and not to be "FIXED" by person who didnt play or understand it, nor held any actual respect to it, looking by how he acted towards it during Blizzcon events.
Ofcourse Reforged has many more problems that ruin the experience for players and the game as whole, but art is also very guilty of that. However if the game was at very least completely stable, feature complete, and noone suffered due to desyncs and other grief, i would be fine with art and dub being ruined, because these two things can be fixed from client side, only thing that would bother me still at that point is the same one as it bother me now.......THIS is what people see as default for Warcraft III now......and it makes me sad. Because this illconceived "revision" of it is now what all newcoming people see, what all journalists use as footage in their materials even if they passingly mention Warcraft III, and it's incredibly far away from what it should be...

Last edited:
Level 13
Wait, I kinda don't get it.
@Storm Knight @YourArthas you're saying Reforged models don't fit in Warcraft franchise?
I'm wondering if Reforged just reused WoW models instead(pretty much every Wc3 unit and character have their WoW counterpart), would you be fine with that?

Wait, I kinda don't get it.
@Storm Knight @YourArthas you're saying Reforged models don't fit in Warcraft franchise?
I'm wondering if Reforged just reused WoW models instead(pretty much every Wc3 unit and character have their WoW counterpart), would you be fine with that?

Not their WoW counterpart, their *remastered* counterpart which will look fitting with the art style of Warcraft (so stylewise it will ofcourse fit with WoW too because the style of Warcraft is what Samwise Didier make through all the years for wc and wow) and yes Reforged looks nothing like Warcraft franchise.

Side note: A pretty big portion of Wc3 units and characters are still not seen in WoW

I don't remember seeing Garithos anywhere, but apart from him I'm pretty certain every single one appears. Name one, and I admit I was wrong.

Show me one Ancient Of Wonders, Couatl, Arachnathid, Seal, Dune Worm, Skink, Jungle Beast, Lava Spawn, Rock(mud or granite counts too) Golem,Sludge Flinger(Monstrosity or Minion counts too) I am not even counting sub species like Dalaran Mutant, Murloc Mutant etc.

Characterwise: Mathog(if we are counting death ones, I can go on with them but anyways just say Mathog for a placeholder of all death ones), Garthok, Tagar, Bovan Windtotem to count a few living ones.

Edit: Forgot to add Salamanders too

Level 13
Show me one Ancient Of Wonders, Couatl, Arachnathid, Seal, Dune Worm, Skink, Jungle Beast, Lava Spawn, Rock(mud or granite counts too) Golem,Sludge Flinger(Monstrosity or Minion counts too) I am not even counting sub species like Dalaran Mutant, Murloc Mutant etc.

Characterwise: Mathog(if we are counting death ones, I can go on with them but anyways just say Mathog for a placeholder of all death ones), Garthok, Tagar, Bovan Windtotem to count a few living ones.

Edit: Forgot to add Salamanders too
I see, you're right. Lava Spawn do actually appear, they are fire elementals. I'd argue that golems are earth elementals and sludges oozes and that they appear as such. As for skink, there are many lizard critters, but they don't use that name. And Refunded retconed Jungle Beasts to Bog Beasts, so :p

But all in all, you're right and I was wrong. +rep well deserved

Level 4
There are several objective reasons to why Reforged is horribly inappropriate and is a disservice to original game with art alone.
Ofcourse Reforged has many more problems that ruin the experience for players and the game as whole, but art is also very guilty of that. However if the game was at very least completely stable, feature complete, and noone suffered due to desyncs and other grief, i would be fine with art and dub being ruined, because these two things can be fixed from client side, only thing that would bother me still at that point is the same one as it bother me now.......THIS is what people see as default for Warcraft III now......and it makes me sad. Because this illconceived "revision" of it is now what all newcoming people see, what all journalists use as footage in their materials even if they passingly mention Warcraft III, and it's incredibly far away from what it should be...

I went to defend the issue of Reforged having much bigger problems, not only because I was an apologist for the new models or because I wanted to assuage the anger of those who were bothered by the new realistic arts. In addition to the fact that the models or the whole graphic part is a modifiable factor, that is, it is possible for the community to create new ideas to solve this easily by itself, without the need for corrections from Blizzard.
But I was almost crucified here! Lol
Now if you look at Metacritic itself, factors like art are not among the main criticisms against, even there are critics of it, but the main discussions are due to other factors.
In artistic and graphic issues, there is even a Reforged MOD: Quenching that, even in its initial activities, already surprises us even with its premature studies for graphic improvement. It's still in version 1.05 and I'm already excited about the results.
But situations that are essential to consider, for many people, seem to be second to what was presented in this W3R ...
As an example, the main fact that Blizzard broke the dynamics of the game itself, as it removed important resources that existed, required by 90% of players ...
In contrast, what should be cleaned, but it was not ... they did not remove the problems with the notorious "leaks" in the triggers (this is the basics for correcting a major problem faced by modders).
Problems with the "AI" remain, I am not asking to change, but to correct the problems, as there was no change. Example: "AI of vessels", boats remain a historic problem in warcraft.

Level 17
The people who didn't sight visuals as a big issue which are the masses of casuals have no care or understanding of how it was functionally a worse decision for the game, nor were they here to stick around for the long run. they were all the masses that Blizzard attracted because they can't advertise a game telling how their choice was functionally more healthier for the community, but they can advertise some close up shots of ingame cutcenses and tell people to pre order their game and milk the nostalgia cow for money.

I'm getting sick and tired of hearing the same tired arguments from SebioL. its like he doesn't even ask himself why things happened the way they happened. because his whole argument will fall apart if he does that. so he constantly covers it saying that Reforgeds new visual overhaul was an intentional and well thought out plan that was interested in a new take when there is evidence after evidence proving that the whole project from function to feature to visuals was a total disaster of decision making mess with little to no apparent set in stone goal.

There is also the phenomenon i like to call the "Visual Feedback Immunity" 99% of games that come out, next to no one has a big care of take or critique about the Visuals of the game. and most of the time it doesn't matter.

Are the Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition people complaining about the visual overhaul of their game because its not fully 3D with 30k polygons ? no
Is the Command and Conquer or Starcraft 1 remastered people complaining about their simplistic and faithful remasters of visuals ? no

NOBODY CARES, and i bet my ass Reforged would not have been ANY good or bad regardless of its visual overhaul in terms of casual audience feedback.
I don't get how often people forget that this game is an extremely rare, niche and unique situation that someone could actually argue that a simplistic visual overhaul WOULD have been objectively better for the game.

Level 14
@SebioL Yes the biggest issues with Reforged are all more important like them remlving features and content we used to have, horrible instability of the game that ruins many custom and melee games(especially desyncs a d random disconnects), but to have things like dubbing changed for worse(including moronic cases of censorship by removing original voicelines for units and undoing them in the redubb's for non-english versions) and this awful unfaithful game art that is now the default again used by all journalists as footage for Warcraft III EVEN if they talk about original wc3 release from 2003 in some situations.

I am well aware that most casual people incoming were blindly praising the new art but it doesnt excuse anything wrong about it. Plus it stems from them hypingnit up as this grandeous "reimagining" back in 2018 Blizzcon. Which it should never be especially with how limited resources they had and have in reality as classic team. It done biggest disservice to this game it could ever do. The proper route was for them to announce it as a Remaster back in 2018 and do it faithfully artwise while their main focus is on the code to fix desyncs and other issues that we actually struggled with and improve wc3 perfomrance on big custom maps so it finaly uses modern pc performance properly.

They focused on completely useless ans superficial aspects which lead to complete ruin of all good that reaster of wc3 coule do for the community. Almost all newcomers refunded it, on top of that many of core community players quit the game too leaving us in smaller numbers than before release of this abomination. Its not something worthy of defending. It directly put the community in a harms way when it was in better condition days prior RF's release

Level 9
In my opinion--there are 2 major issues with the Reforged art:
  • Inconsistency: Units such as the grunt and footman have realistic textures but the trees and terrain, in most cases, have low-quality cartoony textures. Honestly...Did they use MS Paint to make the terrain tilesets?
  • Retcons: They 'WoWified' nearly 99% units. Due to this change, a lot of units such as Warden no longer look like they got remastered, enhanced, or improved. Instead, the warden in Reforged looks like a downgrade to me. I am also against 'WoWifying' because I never liked WoW in terms of art style and graphics.
The criticism above is subjective but I do have some objective criticism. The objective criticism for Reforged art is that it's more divisive than necessary. For example, all major wc3 streamers (grubby, WTii, Back2Warcraft, and Tod) avoiding to play with Reforged graphics shows that Reforged art is highly divisive.

Level 14
For example, all major wc3 streamers (grubby, WTii, Back2Warcraft, and Tod) avoiding to play with Reforged graphics shows that Reforged art is highly divisive.
Well they dont play in HD mode because its just bad for gameplay, breaks custom maps visually, and increases likelyhood of desyncs even more. About other objective and subjective issues with reforged i have them listed in my previous post. I didnt go in detail with them in that one tho.

Level 14
Just make purist art patch, no metalness shine like las vegas, set shaders correct and there wont be issues for Grubby,Wtii play reforged.

Trust me they will easily recognise units in miliseconds , and there wont be any need to spam tc everywhere and destroy art.
Well its needed but they have to do it right. Redo all the assets that are meant to be hd versisons of originals to be 1 to 1 faithful remakes and then all the new assets to be remade in original art style, and have sd versions for every new asset. That way it solves everything while they could leave old Reforged as some perpetual beta for archival purposes if someone really wants some asset from it.
It would cut down on the game's size too if they do it properly. Instead of 30gb it could be within 10-15gb

Last edited:
Reactions: pyf
Y designs are not faitfull enough. Another thing is texturing incosistency.

Here you can clearly see that headhunter is dirty as hell, and tyrande is clean.

As you can see tyrande appareance and texture is almost like its handpainted,but i believe its more cartoonier approach of texturing in substance designer.

So, more realistic appareance than hots or wow is possible with more cartoonier texturing approach. This is what wast majority choosed half away between realistic and cartoon, and not dirty and noisy appareance

sW0YPlN.png

oNwBPlD.png

Level 9
Just make purist art patch

Redo all the assets that are meant to be hd versisons of originals to be 1 to 1 faithful remakes and then all the new assets to be remade in original art style
As long as J Allen Brack is the president of Blizzard--this [purist art update for Reforged] will never happen. 0% chance.
EDIT:
If you really want an HD version of wc3 then you should follow the Return of the Storm mod because Blizzard only cares about mainstreamers.

As long as J Allen Brack is the president of Blizzard--this [purist art update for Reforged] will never happen. 0% chance.
EDIT:
If you really want an HD version of wc3 then you should follow the Return of the Storm mod because Blizzard only cares about mainstreamers.

Both @kantarion and I are a part of Storm and we both know it is impossible for it to fulfil the purpose (if we do not count a miracle of 1-2 pro modelers joining in which we saw almost next to no interest since 2017, but even in that case Storm won't be released for public for 2-3 more years atleast)

Status
Not open for further replies.