• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Complete boycott of Warcraft III: Reforged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Pity Hive community, a community that I like, receiving a remaster that made the game worse. A community like others that helped Warcraft 3 stay active all this time.

I discovered out the Reforged release date here.
So not many days ago, I searched Warcraft 3 Reforged gameplay on Youtube, I saw a little tutorial campaign and I liked it. But after that, Youtube started to suggest videos of many criticisms of the game. Then I saw some, and at first I got the thought of wanting to cry along with anger from Blizzard.
Some time ago, I was already suspicious of Blizzard with its quality. But after that, I increase my suspicion. And I think the only place for Blizzard to change opinion is here on Hive, with the community reports.

I am in favor of this boycott, and I may never return to Warcraft 3 after that.

Bad modding terms. I believe that most people in many situations, when they start a project, don't think about profiting from it. But if this project becomes successful and viable for less limits and profits. Developers will talk to Blizzard or will want to make an independent. What Blizzard perhaps forgot when a person makes a project like this in their game, is indirectly they profit from it, bringing players to Warcraft 3 and thus buying the game.

Even though a feature is little used like custom campaigns, tournaments, etc. For me to be positive, less than 5% of players use these resources. Maybe remove it.

But as custom campaigns you can spend several hours having fun.
As a Battle.net profile with those cool units images. Information about your melee stats, I don't know if have options to hide from people you don't want to show. These details made some people happy.
These small, even little used details could have brought in a significant amount of players.

What Blizzard had to do in quality, similar to what Capcom did with Resident Evil 2 Remake. For me, Warcraft 3 almost committed suicide.

I didn't buy Reforged, and I never played. I even thought about buying it, but after these reports, only good reviews of Hive showing Blizzard fixing big mistakes made, may perhaps change my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.