• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom textures not working in reforged client?[help]

Level 4
So I'm using Retera model studio
Warcraft III\retail\units\nightelf\malfurion
I want to modify Malfurion portrait. Now the game reads the new .mdx file under the name "malfurion_portrait.mdx", that's fine and dandy. If i open the .mdx with Retera I can modify the path of the texture to the texture I placed in the same folder called "malfurion_portrait.blp" and it appears too in the model editor, I even save, open up the mdx just make sure, yes it shows again with the new texture.
But ingame it doesn't appear, appears white texture like there is no path, but there IS path as the model view and path is okay. It looks like to me Reforged client can only read textures that contained within the original Casc archive. Also if i would just want to "replace the texture" by naming the texture to the original file's name as path, then it reads the original not my custom one even in the model viewer. Am I missing something?