• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is it possible to make a Mod in REFORGED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorrot

Hosted Project: QM
Level 16
Hello, I tried to make some replacement by "Allow Local Files" in regedit, and put material in folder like "ReplaceableTextures" which was working just fine.

But however a fatal problem comes that the CLIFF texture CANT CHANGE. Yes, put it in a folder named "ReplaceableTextures/cliff/" may replaced two of them, but there is still dozen of cliff to replace.

Blz put them in a folder, which can be seen in the cascviewer:

"_tiltsets/a.mod/ReplaceableTextures/cliff/"

But if you put your texture in this path, it won't replace the original texture, which is working elsewhere.

Is there anyone who has an idea about how to solve this problem?

Or making a Mod in reforged seemed just impossible?

Zorrot

Hosted Project: QM
Level 16
Allow local files is enabled by default in 1.32. If you are replacing HD assets you might need to place them in a folder entitled "_hd.w3mod".

Thanks for you help, but the folder which include a "_" like "_hd.w3mod", or "_tilesets" seem very different. In my test, if we want to replace a model, we should put it on a folder named "unit/orc/grunt" and it will work well, but this replaced both sd and hd grunt. So i'm trying to figure out how to replacing assets in "_hd.w3mod" or "_tilesets".

I have an example in github, UIZorrot/War3re-inmap-graphic-enhance.

in Mod folder, there is a .msi which can replaced almost all assets successfully, but if the cliff worked incorrect, this project is absoulty a failure, i'm really coufused

Level 20
You can't replace cliff textures that way even in Classic War3. In fact you can only replace them on a per-map basis because Blizzard subs in one of the Cliff Textures in place of an actual Cliff0 or Cliff1 texture the map uses directly (and as you already see replacing the original texture does nothing toward this).

I don't think you can do this on a global level.

Status
Not open for further replies.