1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III - Patch 1.28

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Apr 4, 2017.

1. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  2. PrinceYaser

PrinceYaser

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Really? So bad! :(

3. BlackRangerXIII

BlackRangerXIII

Resources:
    Resources:
  4. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Apparently, the patch broke lots of order ids and mechanics I used for Gaias Retaliation.

GG blizzard. You done fucked it up.

5. Yup, enjoying it a lot, it shares desktop with other windows, just like e.g. notepad would. I can *see* the game in background and use other applications and do I even need to start on alt+tab speeds! And the 4:3 thing is also amazing, looks very sharp!

I wrote this:
    Code (vJASS):
    function fun takes nothing returns integer
    endfunction

Ran the new script checker and WE crashed. I get default exception handler, report (*to ms*) dialog accompanied by a ghost window. Maybe it should be changed to "report to Blizzard".

6. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  7. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  8. A]mun

A]mun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Newgen malfunctions
    The normal 1.28 editor seems to be working fine
    New video options working

Not too bad if you ask me, i hope they can bring out patches frequently now

9. Alxen345

Alxen345

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    A new patch :) awesome for sure. But guess what. More than 60% of the Warcraft 3 players still use 1.26 ...don't know why. For example if you go to play online using the multiplayer platform, Gameranger, you'll see that most of the rooms for either Legion TD, Melee maps, Surviving or AoS are described with the 1.26 patch. I guess 1.26 was the best? Honestly, 1.27b is the best since the 8mb limit was removed. But many people don't use that patch and stick to 1.26 instead.

10. neven1

neven1

Resources:
    Resources:
    Useless patches, terrible patch notes , new bugs.

Thanks Blizzard!

So this is the Result of months work?What the fuck?Wow Blizzard is not taking this seriously!I can't even remember when this new patch hype started.

Blizzard , this might be rude of me but you truly suck.

P.S. Don't say the size increase was any relevant update since most people that cared about such thing already used custom patch for that.

11. puffdragon

puffdragon

Resources:
    Resources:
    @A]mun
    At the cost of literally breaking every optimized map ever created.

12. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That cost was a necessity to pay in order to make progress in upgrading Warcraft 3. If they could avoid it, they would have. As stated before, not breaking maps and the essential modding tools is top priority in our communications with Blizzard. However, we know that luxury can't always be met, so if things break, essential things broken should only be temporary, this time for a shorter period of time now that there is a new patching system. Other hot fixes for in-game issues were already initiated just hours after the release. You can expect similar results on the fix coming faster, but I have no promise on an ETA.

'Till then, the options for self diagnosing fixes one way or another are in the feedback thread.

The big breakthrough with the size increase was making it widespread and official. It made it so you did not have to use 3rd party tools to
    1. Create 8mb+ maps
    2. Join 8mb+ maps on BNet

Most players did not even know that was possible until the patch. Yes, 20,000 people downloaded the 8mb bypass tool on Hive, but there are hundreds of thousands who don't know about it.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  13. BlackRangerXIII

BlackRangerXIII

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks @pyf for the link
    I'll keep an eye on that

14. GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Run Warcraft as admin.

15. SMBComix

SMBComix

Resources:
    Resources:
    My update is stuck at 64% and has been for hours.

EDIT: Never mind. Soon as I posted that it started progressing.

16. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
  17. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Resources:
    Resources:
  18. karaulov

karaulov

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    "big breakthrough" ???
    Just change "MaxMapFileSize" constant from 8mb to 128mb ? This is big breakthrough ?

If they could avoid it, they would have.
    What new things did they add in exchange for the broken order ids(And other problems that created by Classic Developers)?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  19. puffdragon

puffdragon

Resources:
    Resources:
    @StoPCampinGn00b so we should start changing the order ids, or they could hot fix it? (Am keeping back up anyway tho)

20. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I was simply quoting neven1 since he used the term big breakthrough. I'm just saying that it is much more significant than he thinks.

The most significant thing added in 1.28 is the new patching system to improve everything to do with patching the game. It's importance and why it is an essential step has been explained a bunch already. Some of the places where this was explained was here, here and here. As to why it has no choice but to unintentionally affect some modding tools:
    NewGen uses an old version of WorldEdit that relies on the CDKeys being within the mpq; since that is no longer the case due to the way the new patching system works, that is why JNGP is not working at the moment. [Feedback] Compiled List of 1.28 Bugs & Issues

Also, I see a not very creative insult there. Harr harr.

Hey. I am not sure. I (or someone else like Kam, Purge, brad, etc) will hopefully be able to provide an answer soon.