• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Reforged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
MFOHLV6RD1VK1541005871536.jpg

Warcraft 3 Remastered Confirmed!

Warcraft® III: Reforged™ is a complete reimagining of a real-time strategy classic. Experience the epic origin stories of Warcraft, now more stunning and evocative than ever before.

PRE-PURCHASE NOW!

whatweknow2.png

Check the list, click here.

RELIVE THE ORIGINS OF AZEROTH’S GREATEST HEROES IN WARCRAFT® III: REFORGED™

The top-to-bottom upgrade of the seminal real-time strategy game includes a stunning visual update, over four hours of updated in-game cutscenes, and full Blizzard Battle.net® implementation

Warcraft III: Reforged features modern matchmaking and tournament support, and will be supported well into the future with gameplay and balance updates

Blizzard Entertainment today proudly unveiled Warcraft® III: Reforged™, a stunning reimagining of the revolutionary real-time strategy game that laid the foundation for Azeroth’s most epic stories. A remake in the truest sense, Warcraft III: Reforged sees the original Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and its award-winning expansion, The Frozen Throne®, rebuilt from the ground up, with a thorough visual overhaul, a suite of contemporary social and matchmaking features via Blizzard Battle.net®, and a pledge of support for its thriving community of creators—starting with an upgraded World Editor.

The founding of Orgrimmar. The fall of Lordaeron. The reign of the Burning Legion. The rise of the Lich King. Veterans and newcomers alike will experience these pivotal events in Azeroth’s history like never before in Warcraft III: Reforged, from the points of view of four distinct factions: the mighty Orcs, the noble Humans, the ancient Night Elves, and the insidious Undead Scourge.

For Warcraft III: Reforged, every character, structure, and environment has been recreated to emphasize the depth, dimension, and personality of this rough-hewn world. The Warcraft III saga, which spans more than 60 campaign missions, enjoys an epic retelling in Reforged, with over four hours of updated in-game cutscenes and rerecorded voice-overs that breathe new life into the earliest renditions of key characters like Sylvanas Windrunner and Arthas Menethil.

Warcraft III is monumentally important to us here at Blizzard, and its influence is evident in everything we’ve done since,” said J. Allen Brack, President of Blizzard Entertainment. “A project like Warcraft III: Reforged isn’t something we undertake lightly, partly because of this legacy, but more importantly, because we know what it means to our players.”

Warcraft III’s dedicated community of mapmakers has kept the game thriving since it launched in 2002, and Reforged boasts an improved World Editor highly influenced by an ongoing dialogue with this talented group of creators. With countless new tools and features, the World Editor will set mapmakers free to craft new universes for players to enjoy. Existing custom maps will be playable in Reforged, and players will be able to use the new matchmaker to find partners or opponents for traditional melee and custom games.

Warcraft III: Reforged will be released in 2019. Those eager to relive the history of Azeroth can pre-purchase the game today for 29.99 EUR for the standard edition, and 39.99 EUR for the Spoils of War Edition, which includes unique skins for four of the game’s hero units, as well as a host of in-game bonuses for a number of other Blizzard games, such as a gruesome Meat Wagon mount for World of Warcraft®, the Third War card back for Hearthstone®, and more.

For more information on Warcraft III: Reforged, visit the official website at http://www.playwarcraft3.com. For screenshots, video, and other media, go to https://blizzard.gamespress.com/classic.

Last edited:
Level 4
Question: will we have to buy this as well? Is it like an expansion for your expansion? Or not enough details to know that yet?

Level 11
I was almost crying when I saw the intro cinematic remade!

I'm also really hyped about that upgraded World Editor!

However, I'm really concerned about the huge graphic upgrade. I didn't ask for that much, to be honest. Firstly, because I don't quite enjoy that kind of cartoonish design (original Warcraft 3 has a cartoonish style, but Reforged's is just too much), and secondly because we are probably going to lose the benefits of all the fantastic custom models and textures, since they'll no longer match the new style. :/

Well, wait and see, I'm looking forward to getting more news about this.

Sorry for being the pessimistic doomsayer here :p

Reactions: pyf
Level 9
This will be great news in 10 years when we'll have a database of models, skins, icons, spells, maps for it comparable to what we have today.
Without those things Warcraft III is meaningless, good graphics or not.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Before they fix it, I thought I should keep a track of their failed system requirements for the remaster...
Minimum Requirements
Operating System
Windows Vista®, Windows® XP (latest service pack)

Processor
Windows XP: Pentium II 400 MHz Windows Vista: 800 MHz processor

Video
DirectX video card with 800 x 600 resolution

Memory
Windows XP: 128 MB RAM Windows Vista: 512 MB RAM

Storage
1.3 GB available hard drive space

Internet
Multiplayer requires a low-latency internet connection rated at 28.8 KBps+. LAN play requires a TCP/IP connection.

Resolution
800 x 600 (1024 x 786 for Windows 8) The game requires a minimum resolution of 640 x 480

Recommended Specifications
Operating System
Windows® 7 / Windows® 8 / Windows® 10 64-bit (latest service pack)

Processor
1 GHz processor

Video
DirectX video card with 800 x 600 resolution — 1024 x 786 for Windows 8

Memory
32-Bit Windows: 1 GB RAM 64-Bit Windows: 2 GB RAM

Storage
1.3 GB available hard drive space

Internet
Broadband internet connection. LAN play requires a TCP/IP connection.

Resolution
800 x 600 (1024 x 786 for Windows 8) The game requires a minimum resolution of 640 x 480
So good news everyone! Despite Warcraft III not running on XP anymore you can always run the remake on XP! It even still works for an ancient Pentium 2!

Overall I am not too happy with this. £25 and no discount for RoC+TFT licence owners.

Level 11
Sooo, will we get any more patches for normal WC3? Or will they cease to be released, because of reforged?

Level 8
so.. how does that work for the models/skins/other resources that we all have created here? I won't be particularly happy if they all stop working..
I came to know 'bout this too, and wonder if every custom campaign or map will have to be updated later with the new world editor >.<

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

The holy light spell and devotion aura in that video look exactly the same as they are now

Level 8
New editor. Oh, dear lord, i hope they wount mess it liks SC 2 one. More possibility less handleability. And i think it wount be compatible with old scenarios. So it can be a catastrophe. Bare game, old melee warcraft 3 without old new custom games, there will be the only new ones which you must create on new crippled staredit analogue. So there will be a small editor dedicated fanbase, and as a result poor nubmers of custom game with quite poor number of actually good ones. I hope that im wrong.
And its realy sad for me, that in redesign they took WoW one design for infernal. In my opinion nothing can best the classic one. Сoncise yes stylish

Level 11
Oh, come on, people. I know the art-style and some voices are different, but let's at least give the Reforged W3 a chance :)
Point is, that I just wanted TESH in world editor. Asides from that, 1.30 already gave everything I wanted. And I seriously dislike the new graphics. But, then again, this is not the finished product yet. Maybe it will be better. Still, I liked the old WC3 graphics, maybe nostalgia, maybe something more.

Level 11
Oh, come on, people. I know the art-style and some voices are different, but let's at least give the Reforged W3 a chance :)
We said that about WoW and then Pandaland came.

Let’s be real here. They reforge the game for profit only and no heart. High graphic, minor gameplay changes, and recent views of a close to resembling Starcraft editor.

Everything seen above doesn’t even look like that much effort was put into it. The whole Hive Workshop, hell, even Ujimasa Hojo could do and did a lot better. Hail the new Hive Workshop expansion! Hail!

Level 9
When I see that editor I may. Depends on what they put in it. It may include half the modeling/skinning tools, button-maker, spell-maker and other stuff in it for all we know. I have my hopes up, but I also realize Blizzard has done nothing but disappointed me since 2010.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

I saw them both. WIP yeah, they might look different when is finished.

Level 20
Sooo, will we get any more patches for normal WC3? Or will they cease to be released, because of reforged?
Expect everything done to Warcraft 3 lately to be the base of the Reforged version.

That is to say, if everything you have works on 1.3.2 right now it works on the new one.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
Like SC1, it will almost certainly be the normal WC3 with paywall for graphics.
The animation fidelity alone is worth the 30 euros I just paid to pre-order it. The game is going to leap in terms of capabilities with movement and combat.

@those who are worried about its World Editor - they've indirectly confirmed current custom games will work on War3 Reforged - this is due to their product statement about the Editor:

"""
Discover millions of player-created games, including tower defense, MOBAs, ARPGs, survival games, and more, or build your own with the upgraded World Editor.
"""

I am looking forward to seeing more previews of the editor, and what kinds of physics changes are coming with it.

For those who are balking at the price, this is a very good price for an extremely high quality upgrade.

Level 2
In the gameplay video they state the following "Work in Progress - Arts and effects not final".

Check out the gameplay trailer:

Many video game developers like to slap a "work in progress," "pre-alpha," "alpha" etc disclaimer on their trailers and yet the final product often looks exactly the same, if not worse in some cases where downgrades happen.

Level 11
Expect everything done to Warcraft 3 lately to be the base of the Reforged version.

That is to say, if everything you have works on 1.3.2 right now it works on the new one.
I was more concerned about the old one. I mean, will it still be updated? Will the new WE work with old game?

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Many video game developers like to slap a "work in progress," "pre-alpha," "alpha" etc disclaimer on their trailers and yet the final product often looks exactly the same, if not worse in some cases where downgrades happen.
Depends. Don't think Blizzard is that type of video games company.

Level 9
Information from Grubby stream:
You can play with old graphics.
Crossplay between reforged and classic has been confirmed.
Hm, that means we can have the best of both worlds? Okay, smart move, well played Blizzard.

Depends. Don't think Blizzard is that type of video games company.
It has been that type of video games company for many years now. I think Diablo III was the last game they actually took time to "Blizzard polish". Everything since was rushed to meet deadlines.

Level 8
My hopes
1 - Expanded World Editor, maybe new options for models like more advanced bones like physics based, shadow maps as well
2 - Compatibility with old maps, this is a big hope since there's a lot that would seem to break but it's there
3 - Editable UI, the current one just seems bad for a lot of maps that have custom command spells, hope we can resize it etc
4 - Keep compatibility with custom models

Status
Not open for further replies.