• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Reforged Leaked Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
previews.png

[Updated 22-10-2019)

It's been almost a year since we've seen or heard anything from Warcraft 3 Reforged - until now.

Recently, people have discovered that Blizzard uploaded a BETA of Warcraft 3 Reforged to the Battle.net launcher, but it's encrypted.
However, some guys at wowhead.com and users named Stiven_SRB and Songzeee was able to datamine UI, loadingscreens, portraits & unit models!

Take a look!
:peasant-jaw-drop:

1. Warcraft III Reforged Beta Client Screenshots
  2. Warcraft III Reforged Art Assets - Loading Screens, Portraits, Campaign Screens
  3. Warcraft III Reforged Human Unit Models
  4. Warcraft III Reforged Orc Unit and Hero ModelsWarcraft III Reforged Pandaren Brewmaster Model
  5. Warcraft III Reforged Horde Character Models - Thrall, Vol'jin, Rexxar, and More
  6. Warcraft III Reforged Character Models - Arthas, Sylvanas, Jaina, and More
  7. All icons! :fp: Pretty much all units and items revealed here!
  8. Warcraft III Reforged Alliance Character Models - Muradin Avatar, Dagren the Orcslayer
  9. Warcraft III Reforged Demon Character Models - Archimonde, Kil'jaeden, Magtheridon
  10. Lots of other units
  11. Warcraft III Reforged Models :fp: A large collection of model previews!
  12. Warcraft III: Reforged Skins - Thrall, Champion of the Horde and Jaina, Daughter of the Sea
  13. Warcraft III Reforged Night Elf Sentry and Warden Models
  14. Warcraft III: Reforged Models - Dark Portal, Alliance, Horde, Campaign Buildings
  15. Warcraft III: Reforged Models - Diablo Immortal and Lich Cars for Azeroth Grand Prix
  16. NEW Warcraft III: Reforged Build 13445 Updates - Starting Doors, Gnolls, Lava Spawn
  17. NEW Warcraft III: Reforged High Elf and Blood Elf Models - Sylvanas, Anasterian, Kael'thas
  18. NEW Warcraft III: Reforged Human Models - Arthas with Frostmourne, Uther, Medivh
  19. NEW Warcraft III: Reforged Models - Elite Tauren Chieftain
  20. NEW Warcraft III: Reforged Models - Frostmourne and Lich King Armor
  21. NEW Warcraft III: Reforged Demon Models - Archimonde, Corrupted Hellscream, Mannoroth

Got some more information? Post below please.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
courtesy of Stiven_SRB

Furbolg
EGwf95aXUAAfJGj.jpg

Golem
EGwf96UWoAAk9Ga.jpg

Red Dragon (drake or whelp?)
EGwf952XYAIiBd7.jpg

courtesy of Kru

He wrote: "Spent my morning working on an MDX exporter so, have some more #Warcraft3Reforged models!"

Exported (?) buildings
EGxIK_KWkAAgAGO.png
EGxIK_NWkAAR1UG.png
EGxIK_PX0AEzA1-.png
EGxIK_OX4AECGSA.png

Exported (?) units
EGxADQEWwAAodAB.png
EGxADP9WoAIZ2hw.jpg
EGxADQIWsAUDXx8.png
EGxADQEWoAEfVRO.png
EGtwacBWwAIgn2_.png

courtesy of Martin Benjamins

"Two more community requests" after "Because @Stiven_SRB asked, exported Arthas and Uther into Blender. If something looks off it might just be me being bad at Blender."

Exported (?) material (Mannoroth and blue dragon)
EGyBjWBWkAAUX5N.jpg
EGyBjWBXUAAKLUG.jpg

courtesy of Jes

"If only WoW has this level of fidelity. I really hope if they do update the basemodels for the dragons in WoW, they take inspiration from how they made them in WC3 Reforged."
"Here's another of the Blue Dragon from WC3 Reforged."
"The Bronze Dragon for WC3 Reforged looks really damn awesome. It is kind of amazing how they made every dragonflight's models unique and not just be a recolor as most are in-game in WoW!"

Dragons
EGxMtAvX4AAwvJm.jpg
EGunQxsWkAA4d3R.jpg
EGujkcGWkAElzai.jpg

Last edited:
Level 20
Also, talking about Stiven's Twitter - there are also spell effects for Divine Shield, Blizzard, Flamestrike.

And an album with Pandas - here.

And some HD in-game screenshots by TOM_RUS:

EGxdvgQXkAEszPp

EGxaXZxWsAAnbIT

EGur7g1WoAAKEB5

Also, Marting Benjamins is a well know WoW dataming tools developer and during my time following him, all the leaks he has posted were 100% legit, so personally I believe that the two models he's revealed are not fake :) @deepstrasz

Last edited:
Level 20
Would Blizzard mind if we, as impatient fans, already now transfer the resources we have to our favorite maps? :)
I really wouldn't recommend trying. From what the dataminer say, even just "finding your way" into the client and posting models online might get you in trouble. Besides, if you think about it - it's reasonable to assume that Blizzard wouldn't be happy about people porting one of Reforged selling points into classic W3 as this could hurt their sales.

Reactions: pyf

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
really wouldn't recommend trying. From what the dataminer say, even just "finding your way" into the client and posting models online might get you in trouble. Besides, if you think about it - it's reasonable to assume that Blizzard wouldn't be happy about people porting one of Reforged selling points into classic W3 as this could hurt their sales.
I remember it was allowed to rip their games of models :p

Level 20
I remember it was allowed to rip their games of models :p
I think it will be the case with Reforged too, just not while they are still set on selling as many copies as possible. Once the game is out and most people who wanted to buy it will give Blizzard their money and there won't be a huge risk on losing out on sales, Blizzard will hopefully allow people to port stuff.

Level 20
Would Blizzard mind if we, as impatient fans, already now transfer the resources we have to our favorite maps? :)
Generally you should NOT do this until the game releases because it's the courteous thing to do. Blizzard already gives a lot of leeway to letting people rip/port models across games.

That's not to say that you can't mess around with them (like you want to make model edits or something), just don't go tossing them around willy nilly.

Tf did they do to the dog tho i don't remember seeing a dog like that in the classic
That's just the regular Dog critter. They look like thin wolves in War3.

MrRious

M

MrRious

Gameplay screnshots don't look as bad as I thought they would, but still, the buildings look weird and out of place without their bases.

Here are some random screenshot I took. A couple are from custom maps, but be aware it's an early beta build and it might look or work differently on release.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_101319_235606_001.png
    WC3ScrnShot_101319_235606_001.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 1,177
  • WC3ScrnShot_101319_221907_001.png
    WC3ScrnShot_101319_221907_001.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 1,109
  • WC3ScrnShot_101319_220058_001.png
    WC3ScrnShot_101319_220058_001.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 2,502
  • WC3ScrnShot_101319_235511_001.png
    WC3ScrnShot_101319_235511_001.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 1,235
  • WC3ScrnShot_101319_235600_001.png
    WC3ScrnShot_101319_235600_001.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 1,007
  • WC3ScrnShot_101419_000141_001.png
    WC3ScrnShot_101419_000141_001.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 1,142

MrRious

M

MrRious

Thrall's wolf is white!! Poor Snowsong must be carrying a ton with that armor :D

It looks awful, IMO. This whole reforged version looks way over the top, as if it was one of those ugly HD mods.

All I wanted was to have polished models, like the ones from Starcraft II. (WC units in Starcraft)

The thing I hate the most about the new models are their proportions. There is a reason they weren't as high. Now they just look out of place.

Even Starcraft 2, a much older game looks way, way better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 16
As much as I appreciate seeing these and enjoying them, I feel like it's a kick in the balls for the people making Reforged, getting exposed like this. So I don't fully support this, but also it won't stop me from purchasing Reforged anyway, it's more of a self-spoil kind of thing.

To be fair to the data miners, it's been a while since last we got any info about Reforged, and we're all hyped as ever.

Edit: I hope they make UI setting ingame, for no ladder gameplay. I rather liked the minimalistic new take on it.

Level 6
The human buildings look off. As if they don't have a foundation and are floating.

I'm loving most stuff. Chen and Grom look fantastic.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Tf did they do to the dog tho i don't remember seeing a dog like that in the classic
Yeah, it looks too modern.

Again armour on frostwolves but at least on Drek'Thar's is somewhat OK, it's a skull with feathers.
Why do chaos orcs look so brown like the WoW original pre-Mannoroth orcs?
I think they should leave Rokkhan like this because it's awesome and make the melee shadow hunter have no mask and work more on the aerodynamic of the weapon.
Samuro looks more like a Blademaster than the melee Blademaster, yeah.
OK, Thrall's wolf has to get that armour off. It's superfluous. It works better on horses because they have different movement than wolves.
What about the model for Senjin?
Shouldn't Muradin or the Mountain King have blonde hair? It's too brownish.
They actually made Sylvanas (both undead and alive) more naked like in WoW (=/=BfA)...
Poor Uther's right shoulder's gonna create balance issues especially with that hammer also in the right hand for the most part. His energy will run out quickly in battle.

The Naga Sea Witch looks too thin and the tail too wide. Doesn't make the same, nice impression the original made. The Reforged one looks more like the siren/summoner.

Level 51
I was hoping that I'll get used to the art direction they took but I... just can't. In it's own vacuum the models look amazing and the level of detail is astonishing.

For warcraft 3, they just dont' fit like... at all. I feel like I'm watching starcraft II. It's like all the soul and flavour of warcraft III is gone. The proportions look so weird, kinda like units on a hexadiagonal playing field, where the units are supersized and everything around them is really small.

Level 20
As much as I appreciate seeing these and enjoying them, I feel like it's a kick in the balls for the people making Reforged, getting exposed like this. So I don't fully support this, but also it won't stop me from purchasing Reforged anyway, it's more of a self-spoil kind of thing
Nah... there recently was a patch for WoW that had all the important stuff encrypted, so that no one could datamine it. This proves that Blizzard is perfectly capable of hiding their secrets if they really want to. My guess is they were fully aware that people would find this build and post the assets online - and I think they're okay with this, considering Blizzcon is like 2-3 weeks away and it's just about time to start generating hype.

And if you're into conspiracy theories, there's a massive controversy happening right now regarding Blizzard and Hong Kong protests - one could think that releasing a Reforged build to be datamined and thus distract people from getting outraged is a really smart move. Plus, since we're talking about datamining, not official previews, there's also an added benefit that it's hard to say that Blizzard tries to hide something by revealing new content.

Besides, if you followed WoW, you'd notice that Blizzard treats datamining as free, community-driven advertising anyway. Heck, they even sometimes make jokes about the process and people doing it :)

Level 13
OK, I really don't want to be negative or troll or anything, but it's just as I thought.
Muradin/Kael'thas/Medivh/Sylvanas/Chen/Gul'dan/Rexxar/Samuro/Thrall look exactly like they were copied out form the Heroes of the Storm and pasted into Reforged, they look and probably animate exactly the same. Melee heroes are just different skins of them (e.g Mountain King-skin of HotS Muradin, Blademaster skin of HotS Samuro etc...)
Arthas/Jaina/Uther have been reworked a bit, cause they were at the promotional video at Blizzcon 2018. They still use the same animation as in HotS though.

Level 12
The thing I paid most attention to and am very pleased with is that going by the "Exodus of the Horde" and "Scourge of Lordearon" screenshots we'll be able to play both the original and new versions of the campaigns in Reforged.

Because while I'm naturally looking forward to play the reforged campaigns, it would've been a shame to not be able to replay the original ones.

Level 8
Thrall's wolf is white!!
unfortunatelly

It looks awful, IMO. This whole reforged version looks way over the top, as if it was one of those ugly HD mods.

All I wanted was to have polished models, like the ones from Starcraft II. (WC units in Starcraft)

The thing I hate the most about the new models are their proportions. There is a reason they weren't as high. Now they just look out of place.

Even Starcraft 2, a much older game looks way, way better.
would you mind quting reading my mind?

Level 3
OK, I really don't want to be negative or troll or anything, but it's just as I thought.
Muradin/Kael'thas/Medivh/Sylvanas/Chen/Gul'dan/Rexxar/Samuro/Thrall look exactly like they were copied out form the Heroes of the Storm and pasted into Reforged, they look and probably animate exactly the same. Melee heroes are just different skins of them (e.g Mountain King-skin of HotS Muradin, Blademaster skin of HotS Samuro etc...)
Arthas/Jaina/Uther have been reworked a bit, cause they were at the promotional video at Blizzcon 2018. They still use the same animation as in HotS though.
So its good or bad ?
Hero models of Hots is best out there , just need change some color
I like them to focus more on units and buildings,
the gameplay screenshots look meh , lighting also seem abit weak

Level 13
So its good or bad ?
I like them to focus more on units and buildings,
the gameplay screenshots look meh , lighting also seem abit weak
The lighting isn't final. These are just some datamined screenshots of a beta. Look at the Paladin for example, he looks to be of African or Arabian origin and he is obviousely of European origin on Warcraft 3 Reforged site.
From the aesthetic point of view it's not that bad.
However it's really bad news. This means that Reforged is a game with very, very, very limited budget and you know how it works with games with limited budget. They are rushed to be released to grab some cash, then they are bugged as f**k and basically unplayable for months. Then when they reach playable state, they are basically abandoned half finished and have to rely on comunity patches. Hope that this doesn't happen with Reforged.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
We will get A TON of NEW models as well! New doodads, units, model variations, effects etc. etc. etc.
I hope so, Reforged Lord Archimonde.
And if you're into conspiracy theories, there's a massive controversy happening right now regarding Blizzard and Hong Kong protests - one could think that releasing a Reforged build to be datamined and thus distract people from getting outraged is a really smart move.
Exactly.
So its good or bad ?
Maybe tells something about what work was actually put into this?

Look at the Paladin for example, he looks to be of African or Arabian origin and he is obviousely of European origin on Warcraft 3 Reforged site.
Truly
UOGTtxBf4co.jpg

thrallWolf.png

the original, is much saner
wc3garroshthrall.jpg

Last edited:
Level 14
:\ but it's freaking black in RoC andTfT, what the hell... Drek'Thar's wolf is white.
Canon wise tho thralls wolf is white . Just like all of the wolves most of the frostwolf clan use.

This goes all the way back to the Lord of the Clans Novel.

This will be a good remake and as said a great BRAND NEW rts to play the missions i presume are nothing like their original id guess maps are entirely different.

Whhich is a good thing since the original client is seperate.

Look forward to actually fighting Anasterian for control of the Sunwell and other excellent additions. Probably quite a few different and new sidequests i would imagine.

Level 14
The thing I paid most attention to and am very pleased with is that going by the "Exodus of the Horde" and "Scourge of Lordearon" screenshots we'll be able to play both the original and new versions of the campaigns in Reforged.

Because while I'm naturally looking forward to play the reforged campaigns, it would've been a shame to not be able to replay the original ones.
What would please me is if exofus of the horde includes the full campaign and not just 2 missions.

Level 13
:\ but it's freaking black in RoC andTfT, what the hell... Drek'Thar's wolf is white.
It's supposed to be white. it's black in Wc3 classic, and it was a mistake admitted by Blizzard. Thrall's bonded wolf is called Snowsong and is white in fur. It was established in the book Lord of the Clans (there is a custom campaign byOutsiderXE that retells the book, Lord of the Clans if you haven't played it yet I highly recommend it). The book came out a year before RoC. They corrected that mistake in WoW and she is white(check Snowsong on wowpedia). Drek'thar wolf is also white because its from the same familly as Snowsong, the Frostwolves who came from Draenor to Azeroth with their clan, and they are all white in fur.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
It's supposed to be white. it's black in Wc3 classic, and it was a mistake admitted by Blizzard
Really now, they didn't even change it with pacthing. Just because of a silly book we now have to change Thrall's black wolf to white to satisfy WoW fans.
The book came out a year before RoC.
I know but still. Thrall looks much better on a black wolf. That white and the yellow and black of the armour and wolf armour doesn't match the pale white a frost wolf is supposed to have.

MrRious

M

MrRious

The thing I actually like about those leaks are the critters and the new (greyish) version of footman which will surely be more visible. I hope that the ghouls have also been edited.

Firelord's portrait is awful.

MrRious

M

MrRious

Its best to keep in mind

This is a REMAKE not a remaster.
Tons of gaming websites need to get their shit together on that inportant point.

Im glad this isnt some half assed upscaling aka Sc1 remastered

I thought they said Reforged is a remaster and so much more.

Level 20
Personally, after seeing more of Reforged's artstyle, I'm a bit on the fence whether I like it or not. Mostly I'm just waiting to see how things look in some actual gameplay videos. As it stands right now, there's a lot of things that I like, but also quite a lot that I'm not a huge fan of, but my feelings will most likely change as more is revealed.

Will I buy it, though? Yes, I will, because I want to experience the campaign in a new artstyle and throw a little bit of money as my vote for more Blizzard RTS games and other content. And let's face it, if for some reason Reforged flops financially, our dream of getting Warcraft 4 in not so distant future is significantly less likely to come true. And I really want to play Warcraft 4 some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.