• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ToD Battlefield v2.4

Reactions: deepstrasz
matin45 presents

Throne of Dalaran
Created by matin45

Map Info:

ToD WC3 map series new map: Battlefield
Welcome to a intresting strategy/risk map, that uses custom attacking system.
In battlefield what must you do is build a base to defend against opponents and train soldiers to attack them as well as they attack you.

Features:

Custom attack system
Can play with up to 9 players which makes game more intresting
Upgradeable buildings and soldiers
Income system
Subraces system that let you choose what race you want to have
4 Subraces to choose: Goblins, Dwarves, Blood Elves and Fel Orcs
A lot of systems that helps in playing; Teleport System, Killing System, etc.

Screenshots:

Image Description:
Map: "ToD: Battlefield" includes 9 squares for 9 players.
167146-aa49a2db1a5fe18ece94a4a5329c0ad3_tn.jpg

Image Description:
Base Building: Building a good base is an important part of victory.
167147-2c0b034e00b4bdf57432ab258c0cee52_tn.jpg

Image Description:
Attacks: Brutal attacks don't help you, Having a plan is important also.
167148-1cbd9faf9d6bbccfca6094a7f5027dad_tn.jpg

Change Log:

Released

Some bugs fixed

Removed:
  • A major bug
Added:
  • Color changes with upgrades

Changed:
  • Zeppelin now has a ability: Engine Boost

Removed:
  • A major Bug
Added:
  • Teleport System

Removed:
  • A major bug

Removed:
  • Some minor bugs
Changed:
  • Knight "Charge" ability
  • Some tooltips
Added:
  • Leaderboard
  • Veterans (Controlable Units System)
  • 2 new veterans
  • Quest Log(f9)

Removed:
  • Some minor bugs
Changed:
  • Teleport System
  • Remove and Destroy System
  • Map preview image
  • Terrain

Removed:
  • Some minor bugs

Removed:
  • Some minor bugs

Added:
  • Sub-races system
  • 2 new sub-races: Dwarves , Goblins
  • 3 new buildings
  • 3 new units
Removed:
  • Veteran System (Controlable Units System)
  • Both veterans
  • Healer

Added:
  • 2 new sub-races: Blood Elves , Fel Orcs
  • 15 new buildings (including upgrades)
  • 6 new units
Changed:
  • Camera Zoom
  • Planer
  • Some minor things

Removed:
  • Victory bug

Changed:
  • Teleport System
Removed:
  • Back and Hide Systems

Credits:

Special Thanks:
  • Hero_Danial

Models:
  • skymarshall
  • Ujimasa Hojo
  • Wandering Soul
  • Master Haosis
  • General Frank
Icons:
  • Eagle XI
  • Asssssvi
  • Ujimasa Hojo
  • Marcos DAB
  • Master Haosis
  • Mr.Goblin
Map Preview Image:
  • Erfan Tabasi
Other:
  • Json Dalao
  • Cespie
  • Tasyen

Author's notes:

1.Please let me know if you like to I continue my work on this map.
Why do I have to keep working if it doesn't make anyone happy?
2.Also, the map is unprotected, you can use it as long as give me credit.
3.If anyone wants help me, tell me and gift me original Warcraft III , through it's really so much expensive in my country, however it's expensive for yourself too, so don't get this seriously.
4.All of my maps, made in and for 1.26a patch of Warcraft III: TFT
I didn't test it in Reforged and nobody told me how is it there, but I think it will crash.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates
Previews
Contents

Battlefield v2.4 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Oki. Any plans to make starting positions random? Also, you can make it so that chat keywords won't require lower case or capital letters, just the word. I think the trigger event has that option. Encountered a bug. Attacked blue and teal with two...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
  1. The terrain is bare and flat. Maybe you could make it look nicer at least in some places. You can create or use doodads on/through which units can pass.
  2. Player colours should appear in a leaderboard for easier use of the -attack <colour> command.
  3. How is it fair if you lose all units even if you win a battle? Won't that leave you defenseless against the other players if you don't have towers? And even with towers, maybe their troops are stronger. I guess you're supposed to wall yourself in?
  4. There are two charge ability icons on the Knight. One is an autocast spell and the other is a passive having the Boots of Speed icon and its position is after the Remove ability.
  5. Units can only be removed one at a time no matter how many times you press the ability.
  6. Teleportation doesn't work a second time. Had 14 units. Tried teleporting 2 and 12 at a time but nothing.
  7. What are the distance and roads for if you're supposed to teleport units since they move so slowly? Also, no -tele E, W, S, N, middle?
  8. Wild Bird House ability needs a proper description. What exactly it does, damage, duration etc.
Generally, it's an OK map, maybe you could add more stuff (more factions, unit roles/diversity), make it look nicer.

Left to Pending for now.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
Daffa the Mage
eubz
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 8
The terrain is bare and flat. Maybe you could make it look nicer at least in some places. You can create or use doodads on/through which units can pass.
I only can create doodads in the edges of the map, not more and I will do this.
Player colours should appear in a leaderboard for easier use of the -attack <colour> command.
Ok
How is it fair if you lose all units even if you win a battle? Won't that leave you defenseless against the other players if you don't have towers? And even with towers, maybe their troops are stronger. I guess you're supposed to wall yourself in?
I don't know what are you saying, Can you explain to me?
There are two charge ability icons on the Knight. One is an autocast spell and the other is a passive having the Boots of Speed icon and its position is after the Remove ability.
One is for speed boost and it's passive. How can I hide it?
Units can only be removed one at a time no matter how many times you press the ability.
Do you have any idea for it?
Teleportation doesn't work a second time. Had 14 units. Tried teleporting 2 and 12 at a time but nothing.
Yes sometimes it doesn't work but I don't know why.
What are the distance and roads for if you're supposed to teleport units since they move so slowly? Also, no -tele E, W, S, N, middle?
I want to replace the teleport system to a new one that works with a ability(Blink). I'm working on it.
Wild Bird House ability needs a proper description. What exactly it does, damage, duration etc.
Ok
Generally, it's an OK map, maybe you could add more stuff (more factions, unit roles/diversity), make it look nicer.
I did add some new units, systems and upgrades today, when it reaches a good level, I will release it as v1.9. Maybe tommorow I do this.
Left to Pending for now.
It means, next time I update it, you will test it again, yeah? It's very good, you know I haven't the orginal game and in the clients, most of people just play DotA and no one help in testing.
(You are the best tester of my maps)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I only can create doodads in the edges of the map, not more and I will do this.
You can if you want to, some grass types and stuff which don't impede movement or construction and you can even make them not high/big so that they won't be annoying to look at when small units like footmen get on/through them. But of course, it's not compulsory.
I don't know what are you saying, Can you explain to me?
After a battle, your army is gone even if you win. If a player attacks you after that, you lose because you will have no defense except for one-two towers. But this needs thorough multiplayer testing to confirm. However, you are forced to build towers because of this.
One is for speed boost and it's passive. How can I hide it?
I'm not sure how or if you can on 1.26. I think you have to put negative values to the X and Y positions. Anyways, if you can't hide it, at least put it before Remove and make it look passive (Button Manager v1.8.2)
Do you have any idea for it?
I don't know. Make better triggers or maybe you can make a spell that transforms them into nothing.
But why complicate when the easiest method is: A Unit Starts the Effect of An Ability->Ability Being Cast=Remove->Remove Unit from the Game.
Yes sometimes it doesn't work but I don't know why.
Try fixing it. Use the World Editor Help Zone if you can't figure it on your own. Ask around.
I want to replace the teleport system to a new one that works with a ability(Blink). I'm working on it.
Well, you'd need unit group triggers since blink only teleports one unit at a time.
(You are the best tester of my maps)
Well, actually, not really, more likely one of the few who test it and give feedback. I mean, if more people would leave gameplay comments, that would be better.

Level 8
After a battle, your army is gone even if you win. If a player attacks you after that, you lose because you will have no defense except for one-two towers. But this needs thorough multiplayer testing to confirm. However, you are forced to build towers because of this.
Units don't defend you, they're only for attacking, it means you must create towers even if you have a large army.
But why complicate when the easiest method is: A Unit Starts the Effect of An Ability->Ability Being Cast=Remove->Remove Unit from the Game.
I did this but it works for only one unit. Remove with command is a bad idea?

Level 8
I didn't changed terrain yet, Also, Teleporting system and remove system is still old,
But I did other simple things, Leaderboard, Changing "Charge" and "Wild Bird House" abilities.
Actually, I did them before you tell me bugs and my internet is going out so I did updated this until I back.

Level 8
  1. The terrain is bare and flat. Maybe you could make it look nicer at least in some places. You can create or use doodads on/through which units can pass.
  2. Player colours should appear in a leaderboard for easier use of the -attack <colour> command.
  3. How is it fair if you lose all units even if you win a battle? Won't that leave you defenseless against the other players if you don't have towers? And even with towers, maybe their troops are stronger. I guess you're supposed to wall yourself in?
  4. There are two charge ability icons on the Knight. One is an autocast spell and the other is a passive having the Boots of Speed icon and its position is after the Remove ability.
  5. Units can only be removed one at a time no matter how many times you press the ability.
  6. Teleportation doesn't work a second time. Had 14 units. Tried teleporting 2 and 12 at a time but nothing.
  7. What are the distance and roads for if you're supposed to teleport units since they move so slowly? Also, no -tele E, W, S, N, middle?
  8. Wild Bird House ability needs a proper description. What exactly it does, damage, duration etc.

Left to Pending for now.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
Daffa the Mage
eubz
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/
Updated!
Almost everything has been changed.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I did it, you can check
Teleport System is now better
Remove System now works with command
I did changed Terrain
Oki.

1. Any plans to make starting positions random?
  2. Also, you can make it so that chat keywords won't require lower case or capital letters, just the word. I think the trigger event has that option.
  3. Encountered a bug. Attacked blue and teal with two groups. With the second group, I moved some of the units forth and left some behind then moved them too but they got locked outside of the grass zone probably because I used the attack command while they were still outside.matinToD.png
Anyways, overall seems to be working.

Approved.

(previous comments: ToD Battlefield v2.0)

Level 8
Encountered a bug. Attacked blue and teal with two groups. With the second group, I moved some of the units forth and left some behind then moved them too but they got locked outside of the grass zone probably because I used the attack command while they were still outside.
Units in out of grass can't participate in battle, to fix their postions you need use -back command.
Any plans to make starting positions random?
For this map, starting postion is not matter with global teleport.
Approved.
To be honest: I was surprised
Approved without any Awaiting Update!
I like it. Thanks