Works in both Classic and Reforged modes!
The Last Stand is a multiplayer post-apocalyptic zombie survival game where players build and defend a camp in a large open world.
Day Night Cycle
Build your camp during the day but make sure you get your defenses up before nightfall! The undead spawn around your camp in vast numbers at night and each night introduces a new Elite undead type to contend with.
Build solo or with your friends - with no pre-defined building locations you can set up your camp anywhere! Not sure where to build? Use the "-bases" chat command to show recommend spots identified as Green, Yellow and Red spots on the minimap. Green spots are easy to defend solo with only 1 entrance, Yellow spots are hard to defend solo with 2-3 entrances. Red spots are very hard with 4+ entrances to defend and will require working with a friend. With the Builder job a Survivor can cut down trees to expand your camp. Get creative with your bases!
Assign Survivors jobs to give them new skills and abilities. Give a Survivor the Builders Tools to assign them the Builder job unlocking more advanced buildings in the tech tree. Or, give a Survivor the Rusty Sword item to assign them the Militia job to give them an attack to help defend your camp. There are additional jobs: Spearmen, Marksmen, Medics and even more jobs being added in the future.
Explore and Loot
Send your hero out to explore the map while your soldiers defend the camp. Loot abandoned buildings, mines, piles of junk, etc to find more resources, exciting items, more Survivors or, if you're unlucky, the undead! Bring items back to your camp to beef up your soldiers.
How to Play
- Start by looking for a place to build your camp that has few entrances to defend. The more entrances you need to defend the harder the game will be. It might not be possible for you to defend a large area with 4 entrances without working together with a friend.
- Your hero starts with a Shelter Tent item in his inventory. Constructing a Shelter provides your camp with room for 1 Survivor. When you place your shelter you will see that a new Survivor will spawn nearby and walk to you. Place that when you are ready to start building your camp.
- Your new Survivor is jobless and can only do basic tasks around your camp. He can punch trees to get lumber, build basic structures and repair structures. The most important structure he can build is your Camp Tent; the headquarters for your camp. Have him build one asap.
- Now it's important to get more Survivors so that you can get more lumber. Your Camp Tent building provides 4 food for your camp. Each Shelter takes 1 food and (again) makes room for 1 additional Survivor. So, have your Survivor build 3 more Shelters.
- After getting your 3 new Survivors get them harvesting lumber quickly. This is a good time to send your hero out to loot buildings for additional lumber, rare gold and items. Simply right-click on buildings owned by the Villagers player to loot them.
- Once you have enough lumber have a Survivor build some Barricades or Walls. It is recommended to leave a small opening in one entrance to your base while completely closing off the others. This funnels the zombies into a small gap that you can heavily defend.
- Build Spikes outside of your walls to damage the undead as they attempt to make their way into your camp and have your hero pick off any that make it through.
- Have your Survivors build a Workshop. The Workshop unlocks many items in the tech tree and can build Builders Tools. The Builders Tools is an item that you can give to a Survivor to assign them the Builder job. When as Survivor is assigned a job they change into a different unit with new abilities. The Builder can build an entirely new set of buildings. Build the Builder's Tools and give them to a Survivor.
- Have the Builder build an Armory. The Armory can construct the Rusty Sword job item. Give the Rusty Sword to a Survivor to assign them the Militia job. The Militia are ranged units that can attack undead from a decent range but they cannot attack air.
- Eventually, night will begin and the undead will start pouring in. Survive until 6am and you will have made it through the night. Undead are damaged over time during the day so once the sun comes up you'll be in the clear.
- During the day send your hero out to loot more buildings since all buildings are now lootable once again.
- Repeat this process for as long as you can!
- Undead no longer take damage over time during the day
- Undead stop spawning at 75% of the night
- Added the -bases command that shows players the different bases and their difficulties
- Hero is invulnerable for 10 seconds after respawning
- Spikes damage themselves with each attack and become disabled when their health reaches 1. They must be repaired in order to become enabled again. This should make spikes much less op and will de-incentivize players from building tons of spikes.
- Militia can switch between ranged and melee attacks
- Add upgraded unit for Spearman: Assassin
- The active state of activatable abilities are persisted (repair, heal, etc)
- When a player leaves or loses the game their spawns take damage over time
- Spikes gain xp per kill but evenly distribute all of it to nearby survivors.
- Lootable buildings are visible in the fog
- Added a victory message at the end of the game
- Added the Spectator player
- Removed the Raiders player until that’s actually a thing
- Typing ‘-clear’ or hitting the ‘Escape’ key clears text on the screen
- Only defensive buildings are left behind when a player loses or leaves the game
- Removed survivor inventory research and gave each unit upgrade more inventory slots
- Increased the range of repair from 50 to 128
- Added the first draft of a final boss Archimonde
- Balanced the Survivor, Builder, Hero, Militia, Footman, Captain, Spearman, Assassin, and Marksman
- Survivor harvest ability scales with their level
- Loot rewards scale with game progress
- Barricade scale better with walls and gates
- Gate has the same stats as the equivalent tier wall
- XP gained from finishing a night scales better
- Building hq near a lootable increases its cooldown
- Increased hero damage at the cost of increased cooldown.
- Increased the length of days after the first day by 25%
- Decreased the cost of Stone Wall and Gate Lvl 2 from 440 to 300
- Decreased Stone Wall and Gate LvL 2 hp to 1000
- Decreased Metal Wall and Gate LvL 3 hp to 2000
- Decreased default lootable cooldown from 1-3 days to 1-2 days
- Decreased new-camp lootable cooldown from 3-6 days to 2-3 days
- Decreased Gate Lvl 4 hp to 4000
- Decrease abom health by 20%, increase attack by 25%, limit 1 spawn
- Decreased the health of Crypt Fiends by 50%, limited to 2 alive at a time
- Zombies that spawn from looting deal ~50% less damage, move slower and have less armor (less likely to get 1-shot)
- Rebalanced looting mana cost with new hero mana
- Added many easy bases with only 1 entrance to defend
- Implemented camera controls
- A countdown timer appears to let players know when night and day will start
- Renamed Workshop to Workbench and changed the model
- F1 is no longer the alliances hero to trigger the alliances menu
- Added a button for the alliances menu on the menu bar
- Added map version to the leaderboard title
- Added player commands to quests
- Workshop description explain builder tools for new players
- Add Hive Workshop logo to splash screen
- Add Hive Workshop button to menu bar
- Fixed a memory leak with the spawn manager that caused an out of memory crash at ~1 hour
- Fixed bad lag caused by not using a unit recycler
- Fixed several memory leaks that also contributed to lag
- Fixed an issue that caused zombies and elites to stand around instead of attack
- Really fixed Aboms for real this time
- Fixed a bug where every day was “Day 2”
- Blue buildings are lootable again
- Fixed a bug that caused a players units not to be given to the Villagers player when they leave the game
- Post Lantern can now be recycled
- Spikes recycle the correct amount of gold and lumber
- Fixed an issue where looting progress bars disappeared or floated into the sky
- Reduced the volume of the Blood Red Cape sound effect
- Replaced broken lootable buildings that couldn’t be targeted
- Fire Pit tooltip is finally correct
- Upgrade and open gate are no longer the same hotkey
- Fixed the “No item found in main item library” bug
- Crypt Fiends are no longer targettable when burrowed
- Crypt Fiends no longer sit outside your camp but actually burrow in as expected
- Spikes no longer damage allies when attacking enemies
- Added 25+ new items to the game
- Increased the length of days after the first day by 25%
- Decreased the length of nights by 25%
- The camp headquarters building has more upgrades, each granting +2 to the food cap
- Gates now have multiple levels of upgrades
- Added Post Lantern building that provides visibility
- You can now upgrade your survivor lumber carry capacity in the Workshop
- You can now upgrade the inventory size of your survivors in the Workshop
- Camp Fire healing aura no longer stacks
- Increased the cost of Building Tools
- Increased the cost of Spikes Lvl 2
- Heroes are respawned the same day the grace period ends
- Heroes respawn at their dead body instead of at a random position
- Removed the Scout Tower for now until I figure out what I’m doing with it
- The camp headquarters building has 8x8 instead of 6x6 pathing map
- Grace period now ends on day 3
- Hero now gains experience from attacking the ranged target
- Militia can now attack air units but do 25% less damage
- Militia do extra damage to normal zombies and less damage to elites
- Spearman do 25% more damage to air units
- Spearman do extra damage to elites and less damage to normal zombies
- Marksman do extra damage to elites
- Zombies now drop 1 lumber, elites drop 3
- Decreased default xp gain to 1 for zombies, 10 for elites
- Reduce spike movement speed slow from 0.5/0.6/0.7/0.8/0.9 to 0.2/0.3/0.4/0.5/0.6
- Drastically reduced damage of higher level spikes
- Scale up enemy difficulty and elite difficulty curve is exponential instead of linear
- Grenade damage scales on caster base damage
- Minimap is no longer black (sorry wizard)
- Added ~50% more places to loot around the map
- Added a timer in the top right to show how long players have been playing the game
- Added a leaderboard to show kill counts and wave progress for players
- Added a discord link button
- Changed icon of Unassign Job to Villager Male hopefully to make it easier to spot
- Disabled Black Mask so players can more easily see the map
- Reworked models and icons to work in classic mode
- Completely reworked lootables and searching
- Search is now a channeling ability that can be canceled and costs mana per second instead of a flat rate
- Lootables have a chance to retrigger and give additional rewards to the player. The larger the structure the higher the chance to retrigger. The Lucky Horseshoe item increases this chance.
- Added a Lootable player for lootable buildings
- A timer dialog is displayed for the looting player
- A countdown timer text tag is displayed above the structure
- Search has an assigned hotkey and tooltip was updated
- Rebalanced lootables to grant more materials to make the trips worthwhile
- The hero is no longer hidden when looting buildings
- Hero is no longer selected when looting is finished