• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Grand Review Exchange!

[Campaign] - Darkness Returns

It's not about what you are capable, but what you sacrifice.
Play as one of three major coalitions in struggle of power or as the army of the dead under command of the demons. 7 Difficulty, a lot of battles to conquer and many characters to know and love (or hate).

Level 26
I'll add you to the list soon.

133207-81c5aa202d9c5c612c2cf78d870304b4_tn.jpg

I'll use this preview picture in the list. If you want another, upload a 100x100 image in this thread. :)

Level 6
Added to the list.
That one seems really interesting!

Just a quick style tip i you want it: I guess you wanted the cliffs to fade to blackness underneath? Remove the waves in game options to make it look better.
Alternatively, I can hand you a custom made skin I made myself for this kind of effect. It looks like this:
tutorial-2-png.248216

Didn't know that was a game option. Fantastic!

I'm interested in that skin. Is it a fog effect?

Last edited:
Level 7
Champions of Old
Fight against the foul Orcs And Trolls and their hideous monsters who want to destroy order in the world in an arena-style gameplay. You have 5 heroes from the past to choose from that can use their powers to fight together and defeat their enemies. Upgrade your heroes with tomes and items and make your hero as skilled as possible.

Maze of Shortness #2
The towns folk have become infected and are now undead. Get to the bottom of this plague and find out who is the mastermind of this contagious disease. This is a maze so stepping of the path will kill you as well.

Last edited:
Level 9
Tempest ORPG
Tempest is an expanding and work in progress open roleplaying game type of map. While most of it's core systems are finished, there is still a lot of solid content to be added in, which makes it prone to frequent updates with new areas, quests and features!
Pick a hero class and make your way through the realms of Tempest, fighting creatures, adventuring in quests and getting stronger, or -load a previously saved character and engage in more challenging endeavors, doing so in single player, or online in jolly cooperation.

Level 13
I'd like to add my latest project to this list.
It's still evolving, but it's at a pretty solid point right now:
Northrend Bound v1.54

Northrend Bound is more of a strategy/RPG map with Life of a Peasant elements. You start with next to nothing and build your way up to a kingdom. Or, you can choose to forsake base building and focus mostly on your hero.
The objective of the game is to become the one true king by either defeating the Townsfolk's enemies, conquering all other players and/or towns, or simply through gained resources with an (optional) economic victory.
Can be played in single player with AI, co-op, or against other players.

Last edited:
Level 26
Sorry Juliano for not adding you earlier! I saw the post but couldn't do it the moment, and then I forgot. :/
Added now anyway! :)

Added Wark's project to the list aswell!

Here's a suggestion for both of, aswell to everyone that have added their project to the list so far: Go for a shorter description.
People are just quickly looking through the list, and if you have a preview picture that looks interesting enough, they might not feel like reading a chunk of text. It is more attractive to summarize the game in 1-3 sentaces; the interested ones will read your project description anyway.

Level 4
I'll also give it a try, here we go

Fort in Lorderon
Its a 1 player survival in which you have to defend yourself against the undead (original content inc.)
It seems a bit like a TD, you are able to shoot out of a turret and hire soliders, archers and so on.
Might seem a bit linear but its a short load of fun, atleast for my standarts :3

Level 26
Added to the list. :)

I'd suggest you add a proper preview picture and fix the broken screenshots in the description. It might become more attractive for people to download then.
Also, you might have disabled private messaging to you, so I linked your profile page as a mean of contact instead. :)

Level 4
Dominion Raid

Dominion Raid is a 5v5 AoS/MOBA Map (similar to DotA/LoL) with a 3 lane map. Same mechanics as an AoS map, players has to choose one hero from the tavern and the unique thing to do is you have to choose also some glyphs and spells in the picking phase which will improve your hero throughout the game and the main objective is of course destroy the enemy team's main base. The map also contains some objectives which provides bonuses to the allied team.

Level 8
Well a review on my latest project could be really usefull as I'm currently working on a new version ,with the 1.29 editor, which will be release in the following weeks. I don't se many "Map development" maps here but I'll give it a try.

Pillage

Pillage is a 1 player map where you control a horde of bandit on some kind of campaign map. The goal is to plunder as many villages/cities as possible to get prisoners and resources. The gameplay is shared between the management of your horde (building your camp, training unit,trading prisoners, fighting other horde chiefs..) and attacking villages (different kind of villages: village, castle, cities, war camp...).

Level 2
Hello, I'd like to also add this map I worked on to the list :

Jysco Isles
- Derived from the Frozen Throne map Hurricane Isles.
- Max hero level is 30. Added a 5th spell on heroes
- More resources, more creep camps, neutral buildings, items, and a few triggers on big creep camps
- If a hero type matches a legendary item, then the hero keeps the item forever.
- Best for 2 vs 2 vs 2 vs 2

I'll take a map to review also

Last edited:
Level 26
Hi Jysco.
You need to provide a short description in order to get the map added to the list. Look at the the other projects in the list, and provide a description of similiar length.

Also, if you want to review something, you need to choose a map from the list, and contact that user, asking them if they want to exchange a review.

Good luck! :)

Level 2
Hi Jysco.
You need to provide a short description in order to get the map added to the list. Look at the the other projects in the list, and provide a description of similiar length.

Also, if you want to review something, you need to choose a map from the list, and contact that user, asking them if they want to exchange a review.

Good luck! :)
Thanks Rufus, I did both

Level 26
Well, you still haven't provided a description.
Read the instructions for the thread more closely. You are supposed to sumit a short description in a post in this thread. Here's an example:
Maze of Shortness #2
The towns folk have become infected and are now undead. Get to the bottom of this plague and find out who is the mastermind of this contagious disease. This is a maze so stepping of the path will kill you as well.