• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Champions of Old

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
This is a 2 to 4 player game with 5 characters to choose from. There are 10 rounds currently working and to survive each round, the enemies have to be destroyed.
Heroes can level up to 15, there are five heroes to choose from.
upload_2017-11-19_23-27-41-png.284908

Naga Architect:
A very unique hero that builds to survive. Has Telekinesis, Mana Shield, Evasion, and Tornado (Ultimate).

upload_2017-11-19_23-29-42-png.284909

Agile Ranger:
A great support hero that is ranged. Has Entangling Roots, Blink, Ranged Stomp, and Starfall (Ultimate).

upload_2017-11-19_23-46-12-png.284915

Pandaren Swordmaster:
A great support hero that is melee. Has Brilliance Aura, Feral Impact, Slow, and Omnislash (Ultimate).

upload_2017-11-19_23-32-38-png.284911

Azure Dragon:
A tank hero that is melee. Has Frost Breath, Spiked Carapace, Howl of Terror, and Tranquility (Ultimate).

upload_2017-11-19_23-35-1-png.284912

Rugged Barbarian:
A hard-hitter hero that is melee. Has Bloodthirst Aura, Life Drain, Lightning Strike and Windwalk (Ultimate).

Credits:
Thanks to these people for models:
armel, Zephyrius2412 (icon), Ujimasa Hojo, Norinad, Tarrasque, General Frank, Amigurumi, Bart_Illidan, Lord_T, ChevronSeven, FerSZ, Murlocologist, Kwaliti, Sephiroth_VII
Thanks to these people for spells:
Paladon, Hossomi, f0rsAk3n, Maker, Eccho and Paladon
If I forgot you just send me a message in the Hive Workshop
Contents

Champions of Old (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Awaiting Update. ========================================= Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules) These will help make a better description: Description Guide - Melee Maps Description Guide - Maps Map Description -...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
1. None of the hero icons have DISBTNs. They look like green squares on F10/pause. Learn about it here:
Button Manager v1.8.2
BLP Lab v0.5.0
Complete Icon Tutorial - All About Icons
How to Make an Icon
2. Ranged Stomp doesn't say how much damage it does and doesn't give any details and nothing about the spell's levels. It has no hotkey, at least in its title and when learnt instead of being on the first position it's on the third.
3. Enemy units don't come after the heroes, they go to a region and turn back.
4. The map layout isn't too interesting, small and kind of narrow.
5. Items are few and generic. Most spells are Warcraft III ones too. There are no items for other attributes than strength apart from tomes.
6. Round 4 begins in but there was still some undead archer hero to the south and still remained.
7. Heart of Sandworm doesn't say how much life it regenerates.
8. Glyph of Fortification? Doesn't do anything.
9. So, you can hire mercenaries but they don't get full HP?
10. After round 5 nothing happened anymore. Played solo with the Ranger.

11. Towers and Wood Generators can be built on other buildings, doodads and destructibles...
12. Demolish has a passive ability look. You could make it look active with the program I've linked earlier.
13. Magic Fire from the Tower doesn't say what exactly it does: damage etc.
14. You can limit the number of Wood Generators (there's a trigger action in the Player subgroup) to build if only one gives lumber.
15. So how's the Architect fair towards other heroes? This hero seems to have an advantage, basically like having more spells. Also, the abilities in the learning tab are weirdly placed. Compare positions with spells on WcIII heroes.
16. Try adding the Locust ability to the Wisps so you won't be able to select them and see that they could build a Town Hall :D Also, set the model to none in the custom subtab if you want them invisible and remove their shadow in the Art Object Data section.
17. Frost Breath's buff (Freezing Breath's from the Frost Wyrm) looks weird on units and it also kind of blocks clicking vision.
18. Bloodthirsty Aura has an active ability icon. Are you sure it's 50-125-200%? That seems huge and I still haven't got Very Fast Attack Speed one the third level without Gloves of Haste.
19. OK, it got past the 5th round this time and a dead orc body was talking to the orc boss even after he went out of the place. Plus, the camera did not properly reset. It should pan over your hero's position. Moreover, because I was in the enemy spawn zone, my hero and the orc boss were teleported in the base... He didn't drop anything by the way.
20. I think tomes should refill sooner for all heroes to be able to buy.
21. Please change the troll child to not be a child.
22. Nothing came after the 9th round. Check your triggers and conditions.

I advise a terrain overhaul. The aspect of it combined with the rest is quite simple.
Each hero's role isn't defined, it seems random like combining Slow with Brilliance Aura and two DPS spells on an Agility hero.
Could be useful to set the hotkeys for the spells to WERTY or something similar.

Awaiting Update.

=========================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!