1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Grand Review Exchange!

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Rufus, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Added to the list.
    Attach a 100x100 image in a new post here if you want a better preview picture. :)

2. SNIper of DARKness

SNIper of DARKness

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You should fix Destiny.Knight and ChubbyQuiche images, they don't show up.

3. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Fixed. I need to find a better solution for this. Everytime someone updates their map, the preview disappears.
    In the future posts must include a 100x100 preview image attached to the post, perhaps.

4. TheAncient

TheAncient

Resources:
    Resources:
    okay do I post a link to a raw file on onedrive, do I upload to hiveworkshop, do I put in the raw file here? Where do I put the map?
    Also do I need to have it unprotected?

5. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It does not have to be unprotected.
    You post a link to your project thread, along with a short description and a 100x100 preview picture (click the "upload a file" button).

Or have you posted your project somewhere on the Hive already?

6. Fruit Forest

Fruit Forest

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [Campaign] - Shadowmancer 2: THE INHERITOR
    This campaign is under development, however there is Test Zone where you can view all items in the game and fight against enemies what you can choose in Mercenary Shop. In the Test Zone I implemented Revive system (you can die, but you will revived immediatly) + the priest with a healing spell. Also you may see Introduction cinematic. It's quite easy to test. Also It supports 12 slot inventory system:D
    Icon for map: SM2 100x100 | HIVE

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think it's too early to put it here as it doesn't have a whole playable level yet. The test zone is just what it's called.

8. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I added it to the list.
    Any level of finished project should be accepted, but you can't expect a very long review then.

If this turns out to not work, I'll have to be harder on which projects can join or not in the future.

9. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Is there an end date for this?

10. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What do you mean?

11. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Was this a holiday thing or is it ongoing?

12. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ongoing!
    From now till the end of time! :)

13. Emm-A-

Emm-A-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Man I would love to join! :D

Unfortunately my only current project is maybe not advanced enough at the moment.

This is such a lovely idea! Good job, Rufus!

(thank you deepstrasz for this link)

14. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You're welcome to join whenever you want! :)

15. 1)ark_NiTe

1)ark_NiTe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    deepstrasz, since you invited me does that mean that I owe you the review if I choose to participate? Or am I free to review any map on here? I want to know before I commit, since I'll have to turn a review around in 1 week!

16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nobody don't owes me nothing. Choose whatever interests you!

17. 1)ark_NiTe

1)ark_NiTe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Okay, I'll bite!

The link to my project is in my signature. If anyone chooses to review my map, please contact me first so we can have a short discussion. I'd prefer the review be from a couple play-throughs against real players, although there is the option to play against an AI Death Knight too.

Game description:

Against the Darkness is a Hunter vs. Hunted Survival game. A Player may choose to be part of a team of Death Hunters or play alone as the Death Knight. The primary goal of the hunters is to defeat the Death Knight before he is able to reign Doom upon Azeroth. This can only be achieved by working together to quest, creep, and limit the knight's opportunities until the team is strong enough to destroy him. The Death Knight can secure victory by defeating all of the Death Hunters or surviving until the Nether Portal is secured and Doom is completed.

18. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Added to the list. :)

19. TheAncient

TheAncient

Resources:
    Resources:
    thread: [Strategy / Risk] - Corruption of Sargeras Legacy
    pic: Minipicture | HIVE

Corruption of Sargeras Legacy is a revival of the map: Corruption of Sargeras. CoS is a kodo-tag/RTS-Builder hybrid where the Good (4 mortals and 1 Sargeras) must capture and defeat the Burning Legion (7 players) all while keeping the Burning Legion from destroying the mortals or Sargeras and laying waste to Creation. Maneuvering, teamwork, and your armies is all that stands between you and the void. Be quick and ruthless, for though Sargeras is sent to hunt the demons... the hunter can easily become the hunted. For though the mortals appear weak, they have a hidden strength in them. And though the Burning Legion be scattered, their reputation is well deserved.

20. TheSilverhand

TheSilverhand

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    TheSilverhand Presents, The Unsolvable Revolution v1.2.2

So, Basically its like a footman Frenzy, but more chaotic.. You have too select your hero from a tavern, Keep it fair lads.. One hero per person.

You have to fight mobs by mobs to take out the enemy castle/citadel, winners get victory by destroying the castle/citadel, Towers level 2 and 3 are invulon on start, To destroy them you must first destroy the first towers, seconds towers,

Players only get control of their hero. Autodeselect is on the troops. There are flying units. I do plan to add in flying heroes on a later update!

Hope you Enjoy and give me your reviews! I need them!! :D