• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Review Exchange! -The Rotation Version-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26

WIP!
This thread is an experimentel version of the one linked below.

To the other Review Exchange thread

The Grand Review Exchange!
-The Rotation Version-

-Every time you write a review for someone else, you will get one for yourself.-

%2524%2528KGrHqJ%252C%2521hQE2fLcsv3YBNv%252C2JBNBw%257E%257E0_3.jpg

This thread is for all the people eager to get feedback on their projects.

How it works

751_1.png
1. Sign up to this thread by posting. In the post, you need to include a link to the project you want to have reviewed.
522_1.png

2. As soon as possible, you will be assigned another members project.
380_1.png

3. Review it, and post a link to the review in this thread, then you are added to the queue to have your project reviewed.
Note: Your first review will always be checked by me.
If it is good, I do nothing, if not, I'll tell you what you can improve.

You will not recieve any reviews yourself before your review has been approved by me.

How to review maps
Here are some useful things to have in mind when you review maps.
  • Try to be polite and relaxed
  • Point out everything that you like.
  • Try not to compare maps which each other.
  • Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself!
  • Try to stay objective. Include your own opinions, but don't let them take over.
  • Constructive feedback!
Here are a few ideas on what to include in a review, and how to categorize them.
  • Gameplay - Here you can discuss Balance, Funfactor, Feeling, Originality
  • Aesthetics - Here you can discuss Terrain, Loading Screen, Preview Picture, Description on The Hive, In-game texts, UI
  • Bugs - All bugs that you can find in the game should be listed here.
  • Summary - What you thought in general about the whole bundle, and perhaps the most important things that you think should be changed.
Useful links:
√ Process of reviewing maps
How to give good Critique

Other useful things to know
-You can always contact me if you think you have recieved an insufficent review from somebody.
-You can change the project you want to have reviewed anytime, simply by editing your post.
-If you prove to leave a lot of good reviews, you can be asked, or ask to be promoted to a map reviewer.
-The review queue is not public, so that people won't submit a review to get to review a specific project.

List of members and projects.
Member Resource
Rufus Warden

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.