• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Exchanging map reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hi, I've noticed that they're many pending maps. That's why I offer this, a review of a map in exchange that you'll review a map of mine. I will write the reiviews at the location of the map (so I'll not put them here, unless if you want it).

This will be the layout of my review system:

*map name*
*made by*

*short summary of the map*

*constructive critiscm/ points that you can improve*
*"pull" factors/ points that are orginal or make the map better*
*suggestions for what you could improve and how you could do that/
small things points that you can improve/ things that you could consider
to change.

*conclusion/ personal opinion

"Note: you can locate my maps easily through my signature"

Level 17
Here's your review Gasido:

A Song of Ice and Fire2.8a
Gasido

*A map where you must establish a good economic base and than rise soldiers and go into battle. Research also plays quite a big role.

*Although the terrain/enviremont isn't really plain, it could use some improvement. It's a bit flat and unrealistic at the moment.
*I saw a green icon; "pick up soldier" (horse ability).
*Takes a little bit to long to collect enough resources.

*Soldiers can mount horses.
*Ballista's/walls/gates are a good start for a nice fortress.

*Add AI. This shouldn't be to difficult cause you have a similar gather and building system as Warcraft3, just use the AI editor for it.
*Make it that units like ballista's rotate when attack (unmark "is a building/structure") and give them a chaos type attack (give them a bigger minimal attack range to composite).
*I suggest you change the tile set to something dalarn for the fortresses.

*The map feels not finished. Graphics could be made more nice. The base is good and although I haven't played against other people the balance seems quite good. So all in all, spice the map up a bit.

Level 13
hey Spectre i don't think that first link in your sig works. try to log out and go to the link and i think you can't get there. i think the link would only work if someone is signed in under your account.

ok i've partially tested the map the dark hunters one or whatever it's called....and what i'm getting so far is that it is a cooperation type fight in a dungeon game of some sort....seems a little like diablo...

anyways and so the potions seem much too expensive...

and everything else too i would imagine. maybe you need to either make everything cheaper or make the bounty higher for killing creeps.

i'll test the map more later, including opening it in editor to look around. right now i gotta get going.

at first glance...it looks like you want to either add some sort of haven...or make it so that players will revive after dying but probably give them a significant penalty? that or at least tell the players to make sure to not die because it seems like they only get that one shot. usually in wc3 heroes almost always can revive so you should let them know they can't revive.

one more thing...your loading screen text stops in the middle of a sentence. you probably tried putting in so much text in editor that when you load the game it runs off the screen. if you want to put in alot of information i recommend you put the text on the picture itself of your own loading screen.

i'll look at the map more later and give you more info if you want. anyway the price of the potions really makes the map mostly unplayable. that and the fact that you can't revive. but the no revive thing isn't a big deal because you can use potions but you can't because they're too expensive.

Last edited:
Level 17
Thanks for the comment SanKaku;

hey Spectre i don't think that first link in your sig works. try to log out and go to the link and i think you can't get there. i think the link would only work if someone is signed in under your account.
, It doesn't work with me either, don't know why. Will change it after I found something suiting.

at first glance...it looks like you want to either add some sort of haven...or make it so that players will revive after dying but probably give them a significant penalty? that or at least tell the players to make sure to not die because it seems like they only get that one shot. usually in wc3 heroes almost always can revive so you should let them know they can't revive.
, no, this based of Blizzard's Warchasers and I won't change it. You just need to be carefull or and check your Anhks. The game needs to stay a challence.

anyways and so the potions seem much too expensive...

and everything else too i would imagine. maybe you need to either make everything cheaper or make the bounty higher for killing creeps.
, well potions have several charges you know, so they aren't that expensive compared with Blizzard's potions. However, they'll be made cheaper and I also think I'm going to make them stackable, so you can carry more. Rest of the items will have the same price though, cause you can make really good combos with (escepecially when you've recipes). As for the gold/bounty, I will add some extra area's where you can get extra gold.

one more thing...your loading screen text stops in the middle of a sentence. you probably tried putting in so much text in editor that when you load the game it runs off the screen. if you want to put in alot of information i recommend you put the text on the picture itself of your own loading screen.
, oh forget to fix that :grin:. The extra text isn't needed.

i'll look at the map more later and give you more info if you want. anyway the price of the potions really makes the map mostly unplayable. that and the fact that you can't revive. but the no revive thing isn't a big deal because you can use potions but you can't because they're too expensive.
, I look forward to it. I'll update the map soon.

Level 13
oh yeah i didn't mention that before hand. i tested yours online btw after looking at it in single player since it was too hard in single player. oh and it's too hard in multiplayer too. but i already told you that more or less.

yeah i didn't know you couldn't host...what time zone are you?

Level 17
+1, I can host but I think people can't join (that they don't see the server or someting like that) or they don't want to join (small chance, but could be). And the reason why it's hard in multiplayer is because it contains a difficult- and experience system based on the amount of players playing (if a player leaves, monster become weaker and total experience gain is reduced).

Status
Not open for further replies.