• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Minigame] Space Invaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Review

First of all, this game is really fun but it still reminds me of that old NOKIA phone where you could literally make a god ship out of the game, there are many things I would like to discuss with you @RG00 but since it's a DEMO map and not a complete one, I will give my ratings accordingly.

lelboss.png

wtf6.png

fuck.png

Gameplay: Very standard style of game that follows the ancient mechanics, the aliens space ships honestly need some more tweaking, at the later part of the round they become almost impossible to kill since they dodge way too quickly. 8/10

Difficulty:
Amazing balance of difficulty and survival. The player ship isn't too strong, enemy firing rate isn't too fast, just alright to get by, the speed of enemy approaching is fair enough to be played. 7/10

Graphics:
This is an incredible graphical update to the 2D space survival game we all know and love, shown in warcraft 3 with dynamic turn animations and on top of that professional rendering of space ships for both enemy and player, not to mention the exciting boss fight, I can't say but to give high score. 10/10

Upgrades:
Sad to say, although the ship was not too weak but I was thinking of some really cool upgrades that I could do but I could only repair my ship, absolutely disappointing but I still managed to survive to round 6, which get me to my next point. 5/10

Entertainment:
This game has a good balance of fun and seriousness(difficulty), I had my share, at the start I could not aim but after a bit of training I was able to defeat the boss. PS: I played twice, I first got defeated at round 2 due to the speed of advancement that the alien ships had when I wasn't able to fire my missiles properly. Second try, I managed to reach level 6, not bad, wonder how far I could go next. 5/10

Overall: 7/10 - 35/50 is the final rating (acumen knight/acutesharpness)

Suggestions:
I hope you work on the map and finish it soon, 2019 is coming and those players will not wait for us to update, they move on to bigger things. What I want to see in the future of this map and your works are better game plans, more choices for the players which create dynamics and fun. I really hope to see weapon system upgrades such as speed of missile and more graphical updates. My main issue with the entertainment value goes to the missiles being the same and that the enemies always does the same things over and over. It becomes quite boring at level 6 and also my weapon cannons just dim me impossible to carry on defending our precious Earth, I hope that this game become more interesting and good luck out there @RG00 .

Please return my favour with a review of my alpha map at map development forum, [Role Playing Game] - DARK DESTINY Alpha.

*I found this map in the Review Exchange Forum*

Last edited:
Level 6
Review
Space Invaders Demo V0.8

First of all, this game is really fun but it still reminds me of that old NOKIA phone where you could literally make a god ship out of the game, there are many things I would like to discuss with you @RG00 but since it's a DEMO map and not a complete one, I will give my ratings accordingly.

Hello Acutesharpness and thank you for the review, I really appreciate your feedback and it will help greatly to improve this wc3 minigame.

Gameplay: Very standard style of game that follows the ancient mechanics, the aliens space ships honestly need some more tweaking, at the later part of the round they become almost impossible to kill since they dodge way too quickly. 8/10

Difficulty:
Amazing balance of difficulty and survival. The player ship isn't too strong, enemy firing rate isn't too fast, just alright to get by, the speed of enemy approaching is fair enough to be played. 7/10

I know it can be hard to hit the last one, but it's a part of the game difficulty. However in the final version there will be different game difficulties(easy, standard, hard and maybe insane) that will affect the speed of the lasers and the speed of the enemies.

Graphics: This is an incredible graphical update to the 2D space survival game we all know and love, shown in warcraft 3 with dynamic turn animations and on top of that professional rendering of space ships for both enemy and player, not to mention the exciting boss fight, I can't say but to give high score. 10/10

Thank you, and also thanks to the creators of these models and textures that made possible this graphical update from the classic arcade game to the wc3 version. Also, about the boss fights, they will not be the same. I think they shouldn't have the same type of moves that the other aliens have, they will be much more exciting and boss-like in the complete version.

Upgrades: Sad to say, although the ship was not too weak but I was thinking of some really cool upgrades that I could do but I could only repair my ship, absolutely disappointing but I still managed to survive to round 6, which get me to my next point. 5/10
Don't worry, in the 1.0 version there will be many more upgrades. I didn't pay much attention to the upgrades for now, for the moment I'm trying to create the final level which will take some time.

Entertainment: This game has a good balance of fun and seriousness(difficulty), I had my share, at the start I could not aim but after a bit of training I was able to defeat the boss. PS: I played twice, I first got defeated at round 2 due to the speed of advancement that the alien ships had when I wasn't able to fire my missiles properly. Second try, I managed to reach level 6, not bad, wonder how far I could go next. 5/10

I know that during the first try it might be a bit hard to aim, but there will be different game difficulties in the final version to help new players learn how the game works.

Overall: 7/10 - 35/50 is the final rating (acumen knight/acutesharpness)

Suggestions:
I hope you work on the map and finish it soon, 2019 is coming and those players will not wait for us to update, they move on to bigger things. What I want to see in the future of this map and your works are better game plans, more choices for the players which create dynamics and fun. I really hope to see weapon system upgrades such as speed of missile and more graphical updates. My main issue with the entertainment value goes to the missiles being the same and that the enemies always does the same things over and over. It becomes quite boring at level 6 and also my weapon cannons just dim me impossible to carry on defending our precious Earth, I hope that this game become more interesting and good luck out there @RG00 .

Thank you! And don't worry, the player will get many more upgrades to chose from, the enemies will have new patterns of types of fire and there will be different game modes(campaign, survival and level editor) to make the game more entertaining.

Please return my favour with a review of my alpha map at map development forum, [Role Playing Game] - DARK DESTINY Alpha.
*I found this map in the Review Exchange Forum*
I don't think that I'll be able to play wc3 today, but I will probably be able to play it tomorrow and I will try for sure your map! Thanks again for the review and the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.