• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] DARK DESTINY Alpha

Do you like Blood Mage?

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I prefer Humans

• Faceless Fighter

• Thunder King

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15

DARK DESTINY is a multiplayer role playing game where two teams of 6 fight and survive in the wilderness to defeat the other team. Destroy the enemy fountain to win the game.

Choose your DESTINY, you can pick either Thunder King, Faceless Fighter or Shadow Mage.
More characters will be added along the way.

There are gold rewards for killing bears in the forest. You can buy items and tomes with gold at shops.
The terrain and trees are randomly generated to form a realistic environment.
The bears do reproduce and create new bears every minute.
The reproduction of bear depends on how many bears are on the map and it is random, meaning not every bear will reproduce.
You automatically revive next to the fountain when you die.
The formula for revive time is 10 + Level seconds but you will revive with only 10% health, so careful!
You become invulnerable for 20 seconds after revival.

Good luck have fun! - acutesharpness

Attachments

• thothanddamon.w3g
    227.4 KB · Views: 86
  • DARK DESTINY Version 0.18.w3x
    212.9 KB · Views: 80
  • DARK DESTINY v0.18 Update.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Level 14
Since you uploaded two maps I didn't really know which one to test. I tried the Dark Destiny Version 0.10 map (the one that weight 110.6 KB).

• The terrain generation is good!
  • At the start, either the hero is too weak or the bears are too strong since you die in a 1v1 situation or you are left out with not enough health to do anything. You should test out some melee maps to get a good balance. In my opinion, level 1 mobs should be much easier to let the players easily get his second spell and have a better experience overall.
  • Dark Volley should fire the first missile faster.
  • Shadow Spirit will aggro everything around Damon! Might be intended though..
  • The spells are alright. You should definitely think about synergies, as of right now it's a bit lacking.
  • Reviving takes too long for a test map. Even after waiting 10 seconds you revive with 10% hp and mana so you have to wait even further to heal up.

Level 15

Thank you for your feedback, although this is a test map, I have laid out many hidden heroes in the notepad file, feel free to test them out by opening the file with world editor and test map yourself.
Everything is open-source, meaning you can edit anything to your liking, this map is not protected.
I will take your suggestions into considering but currently I am looking to release the next version with more heroes ready for testing and adding the most important ability (ULTIMATE).
Stay tune but don't expect quick updates, a lot of design work is put into this project!

Edit: Working on Hero selection right now.
Edit: Multiplayer in v0.12.

Last edited:
Level 6
  • Pros:

1. There is a good terrain generator;

2. There is a system that makes the creeps respawn;

3. The abilities aren't the standard Warcraft ones, but they are customized.
  • Cons:

1. There isn't much variation of creeps;

2. Heroes don't have the final ability(idk if it is intended);

3. The fountain seems to be losing health through time(at first I thought that it loses health when you regenerate thanks to the fountain, but I was wrong. It loses health very slowly, it's probably a bug I think).

1. To improve the map I think you should create more variations speaking of creeps(you can add other types of animals other than only bears, also you can make that there are different types of the same creep);

2. When you'll finish to create the multiplayer, you could try to improve the game by making it playable in singleplayer with bots that take a random hero. If you want to add more, you could make the allied bots follow your orders that you write in the chat. Examples: "Follow me!" or "Attack!" or "Defend!";

3. I tried the faceless one hero, and I think that its 3rd ability should be based on the agility of the hero, not the strength because the agility is its primary attribute and players that chose that hero will not upgrade their strength just for an ability, I think they will prefer to upgrade the agility.

4. The terrain generator is good, but you could improve it so that it makes more doodads in the map like grass for example, just to make the ambient look more awesome;

5. The bears are a bit hard to kill all but, when the hero reach the level 7-8 he will manage to kill even large bear groups. I think that with 12 players the bears will die all very quickly so I think you should do something to respawn them other than the respawn system that you already made. You could try to make for example that sometime some bears will enter the map from the map borders, to complicate things you could also create them in points of the map borders that are distant from the players so they don't see the bear spawning instantly or you could make some kind of transition for the bear arriving from the map edge.

I hope I helped :). Sorry if it isn't the best review but it's just the second time that I make a review of a map.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.