• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Grand Review Exchange!

Level 26
Welcome to the GRE!
You need to provide a short description of your map aswell, so that I can add it to the list. :)

EDIT:
I copy pasted the top piece of your description instead. Tell me if you want me to change it! :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Oi, is StarCraft 1 allowed? :p If so - I'd gladly join with what I currently have.

Level 26
Sorry, but the hive doesn't really have an as wide platform for starcraft, therefore it wouldn't make sense adding it to the list. Sorry. :/
However, you are free to contact anyone in the list, asking them to review your starcraft resource, but I don't think that many can.

Maybe we should create a separate list for non-mapresources, that can include everything from short-stories to starcraft maps and models.

Level 26
@jondrean @don_svetlio @Rex.
I've added a second list to allow other projects than maps into the GRE. Reply with links to your projects, and a short description of them. :)
I want to emphasize "short", as I think many maps have a too long description. It should only be one, maximum two sentaces long, in order to allow people to just quickly read and see if they are interested in reviewing that resource.

Level 11
Haha - I may have to update my map's description soon learning from depstrasz. Well, actually I will have to update it - I decided to redo my map using many new systems that should make for better medieval rts gameplay: rotating structures, walk-able build-able walls, new building system coming soon...

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Dungeon of Warriors 2 v1.05c AI Dungeon of Warriors 2. A mythical Aeon of Strife mod for Warcraft 3 that takes place in a dungeon from the Barrow Deeps in Ashenvale. More than 100 heroes gathered to participate in this war, where the Radical and the Valve fight till the end.
Add me in too, and delete War of Sanctity and League of Kalimdor since they are outdated and I am not updating them anymore.

Level 5
Would like to add my project as well :)
Die Hard v2.5 (boss-fights)
This is an RPG/Survival map for 4-8 players (with several arena-type boss-fight rounds). There are different 20 bosses, 4 difficulties and many different endings. What is very important is that your choice always matters and has consequences. Every boss can be defeated in different ways and/or by different means. A beautiful, gripping, but risky adventure!

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Fortress v1.01b
Fortress - a unique Castle Defense mod that combines a few systems from an AoS with the ones of a Castle Defense. There are like 12 heroes to choose from, 4 roles, 3 heroes for each role: Tank, Support, Assassin, Wizard.
Many items to choose from, the players can think of innovative builds for their hero, so that they can defend the Tidal Fortress better. The team of 4 players must resist 30 minutes defending the Tidal Fortress until the last boss, Xavier, appears to fight them.

Level 11
CoP Custom v1.0a - Author's Notes - My most unique map for now. :) I would be glad if you give me any feedbacks and suggestions!

Description: Circle of Power with 48 heroes. It marks a whole new style of Warcraft III maps. In the map, you may choose between 12 different heroes per race. The races are: Human, Orc, Undead and Night Elf. These races are fighting the Burning Legion in order to destroy the Circle of Power that brought them to Azeroth.

Level 6
Honestly, I just forgot to put my map into this list :p I had been meaning to a long time ago.

Gods and Followers

A 1v1 altered-melee map, where each player has a god to support them. The gods are meant to feel new, but not foreign to strictly melee players. Vanilla effects, and entirely vanilla gameplay for followers were important points that I tried to focus on. Any feedback on melee features that are imbalanced, god features that feel too non-vanilla and/or new gameplay elements that may be fun are all welcome!

Level 1
Here's my amateur, unfinished project. I'm not too adept yet with the world editor so there's no win conditions or quest etc.
In this map, you control three Furbolgs, and you must fight your way through the masses of various creep mobs; I've designed it to be quite difficult, of course!
I'm posting this on here because I want to hear what specifically about the mobs, heroes, terrain, or whatever you would change after you've played it a couple times (nerf a certain camp, drop more items, etc.). I'm not sure if you can disable cheats or not but I haven't found that option in the editor yet. Saying that, play it through without them please!
When you kill Glurrmp (The current final boss), you win.
Good luck, hope you enjoy it! I look forward to the constructive criticism and comments :)

Attachments

• Newest test map.w3x
    208.6 KB · Views: 43
Level 26
@LoganRG, sorry for not answering sooner. I've been out of town.
You need to have submitted your map to either the map development forum, or the map section in order to have it added to the list. :)

@Maks4225, I added your maps to the list, but you submitted no description, so I just put a generic one on them. Tell me if you want to change it. :)
The sharkwater one looks good!

Level 14
@Maks4225, I added your maps to the list, but you submitted no description, so I just put a generic one on them. Tell me if you want to change it. :)
The sharkwater one looks good!

Oh, they're just normal melee maps, so there's not much story about them, and if anyone need description, they can just click a link to the map, there's a story and some gameplay tips.

Level 8
A Racial Issue
Altered melee 2v2 or FFA located in a large metropolis with bosses who have to be killed before the timer runs out or everyone loses. When all bosses are dead, all palyers turn against each other if it was a team game and the timer disappears. Four districts, each corresponding a different race with fitting creeps and terrain.

Attachments

• (4)Racial Issue Revamped 1.28.w3x
    6.6 MB · Views: 92
  • Racial Issue Revamped 1.1.png
    Racial Issue Revamped 1.1.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited: