• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Black Road v1.39b10

The Battle for Athens
The Black Road

Terror reigns in ancient Greece.
Hades has led a rebellion against the other gods and created what is known as The Black Road,
a lifeless scar upon the earth where demonic horrors roam, that reaches from the mouth of hell to the gates of Athens.

In an effort to retake the world of mortals from the Olympians, the ancient Titans have sent their avatars to stake their own claim in the conflict.
The warriors of Athens grimly dig in to await the coming of the dark tides of war, but turmoil is brewing on all sides.
Beneath the shadow of this darkest evil, twilight seems to have fallen upon the fathers of the West.

Yet hope remains.
A dawn of war also heralds a dawn of Heroes as mighty champions have arisen in Greece to stand against the seas of evil that flow from the mouth of Hell along the Black Road.
As a player in The Black Road, you assume the role of one of these heroes to bring salvation to ancient Greece, and ultimately to all of the West.

Visit the Changelog

Features

Authors & Credits

Handover from FatherTime

v1.39a2 for legacy code conversion

Features

• Heroes: Select one of twelve heroes and begin your journey to Level 200!
  • Dungeons: Explore Dungeons featuring Bosses and "Trashmobs" each equipped with proper mechanics.
  • Bosses: Fight against a variety of Minibosses or face off against the mighty Titan Avatars on your journey to defeat Hades.
  • Quests: Complete a variety of different quests all over the realm of humans.
  • Itemization: Collect Crafting Materials, Components and Items to craft and combine them into even more powerful weapons, armor and relics.
  • Crafting Professions: Choose between Weaponsmithing, Armorsmithing, Goldsmithing and Alchemy.
  • Endgame Challenges: Defeat Hyperion to craft the most powerful olympian relics.
  • Achievements: Tackle the game in different ways and earn yourself Backpack and Boat skins to show off your accomplishments.
  • Familiars: Choose from a variety of skins and talents to further empower and customize your hero.
  • Sophisticated DPS Feedback Dummy: DPS UI which features customizable durability and fight length settings and tracks a multitude of things for optimal build comparison.
  • Codeless Save/Load System: Load via filename or without to load your last played hero. You're still free to use codes, but you don't need to!
  • Online Single Player: You can now enjoy TBR alone in an online or LAN setting.

Authors

Version 1.39b9 - 1.39b10Alteisen (Av3n)
Version 1.39a - 1.39b8Unholy0ne and Alteisen (Av3n)
Version 1.39Unholy0ne, Alteisen (Av3n) and Dragonbane (ArthasFirestorm)
Version 1.38 - 1.38dMind_Gazer, Unholy0ne and TheGreatGospel (Av3n)
Version 1.37 - 1.37dMind_Gazer, Unholy0ne and TheGreatGospel (Av3n) with Aunvre, afis, Brutusjk, GurkenKinG and SexYPopCorN
Versions 1.35 - 1.36Mind_Gazer, Amok.ak47.5, KySoto, Idontneedaname and Exodium with Aunvre and muzzel
Versions 1.30 - 1.34WaterMolecule and FatherTime
Versions 1.00 - 1.23WaterMolecule (aka PwncakesnRofles)

Testers

Dooms-Touch, supercoolguyo.o, drewdude, Clan TBRE on U.S. East, a[B, Weapon_Strife, cheftain, Play_Doh, jewpwnu)pl(, EyeOfTruth, Computer(EviL), Lorceru, Beregond27, Blasterixx, Brownie, CB2, dbK, Zorl, Sheepsaurus, Obscure, elumatec, GiveMeAName (Styxhue), h00bs, Hoser, imasecret, Immortalhope, Jesse Owen, Jubei, Kenny, menglongzzz, monstr1, mr.terrance, Rakou, Strahotski, woin, Vingkill, Lilac, Spiffinator, Ghost, RZ99, lokharke, Aeonleaf, Mxngsxxn, CreatedByGod, cvbvc, Stygianz, Khonsu, kaji

Credits

proof-png.372174

annotation-png.354679
NB: This is the most robust proof Av3n has where he inherited both the 1.X and 2.X maps for development.

Previews
Contents

The Black Road v1.39b10 (Map)

Level 2
2 questions and a bug
Q1-How khaos champion regalia bonus works? Can u explain
Q2- Can u explain cleric heal&hit bonus how its work?

Bug: Cleric on hit heal skill active time not raises with upgrade...

Level 9
Q1-How khaos champion regalia bonus works? Can u explain
Recall how the armor stat is converted to a percent reduction for auto-attack damage. So, whenever you auto-attack you heal twice that percent reduction amount, e.g. 98% damage reduction means that you heal for 196 health per auto-attack

Q2- Can u explain cleric heal&hit bonus how its work?
As stated on the tooltip, your next X auto-attacks become enhanced, where X is the largest of 3 or your Agility divided by 18. These enhanced auto-attacks deal additional damage, and it heals nearby allies for 50% of the total damage (Transcendence bonus + Auto-Attack + Critical Strike + ..._) dealt.

Bug: Cleric on hit heal skill active time not raises with upgrade...
Transcendence enhances a fixed number of auto-attacks. So the skill is active for that many auto-attacks or the buff duration (the latter component is what is the upgrade increases).

Level 2
Recall how the armor stat is converted to a percent reduction for auto-attack damage. So, whenever you auto-attack you heal twice that percent reduction amount, e.g. 98% damage reduction means that you heal for 196 health per auto-attack

As stated on the tooltip, your next X auto-attacks become enhanced, where X is the largest of 3 or your Agility divided by 18. These enhanced auto-attacks deal additional damage, and it heals nearby allies for 50% of the total damage (Transcendence bonus + Auto-Attack + Critical Strike + ..._) dealt.

Transcendence enhances a fixed number of auto-attacks. So the skill is active for that many auto-attacks or the buff duration (the latter component is what is the upgrade increases).
Thanks friend.

Level 2
Hello, I and my friends like this game, but only two people have time to play now. We want to reconstruct the original scene in which many friends play this ganme, but we don't know how to control multiple heros in one screen, how can we do it ? Thank you for your help😀.

Last edited:
Level 9
Hello, I and my friends like this game, but only two people have time to play now. We want to reconstruct the original scene in which many friends play this ganme, but we don't know how to control multiple heros in one screen, how can we do it ? Thank you for your help😀.
TBR does not support allied shared control.
If you are playing on the latest patch and persistent, I believe you can launch multiple instances of Wc3 and have them join a LAN game? (I know others in the community do this with multiple accounts for B.Net games).

Level 2
TBR does not support allied shared control.
If you are playing on the latest patch and persistent, I believe you can launch multiple instances of Wc3 and have them join a LAN game? (I know others in the community do this with multiple accounts for B.Net games).
Thank you for your advice.

Level 1
Same, my favourite custom WC3 map and the reason i keep comming back from time to time. Its timeless and still keeps getting patches.

Level 1
Even after almost 15 years i keep coming back to this map/game. The item creation is a mixture of forging and crafting so you interact with other players aswell as with npcs. As a solo player it takes a while to get going as its more focused towards playing with 3+ people. The Community is nice and helpfull.

Level 12
Great map and all, it is indeed one of my favorites, but like anything in life, nothing is perfect, so I have got some suggestions and ideas to spice things up a little >>>My Ideas<<<

Level 1
A really perfect map with an amazing discord community that is still so active and helpful. Very grateful to the developers who have taken the time to breath more and more life into this game. The replay value of the game makes it a constant joy, year after year. Keep up the great work guys.