• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #17 - Poll

Which texture from this contest is your favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 38
texturing.png
competition.png
number.png
1.png
7.png
poll.png

Which texture from this contest is your favorite?

83997d1276994321-texturing-competition-17-houses_screenie.jpg

83998d1276994321-texturing-competition-17-houses_ingame.jpg

83754d1276503891-texturing-competition-17-final2.jpg

83783d1276556452-texturing-competition-17-final3.jpg

skins_4275_screenshot.jpg

184486-albums3456-picture31185.jpg

184486-albums3456-picture31186.gif

skins_4261_screenshot.jpg

slumsingame.jpg

84462d1277654793-hut-blp-hutlarge1.png

84463d1277654793-hut-blp-hutlarge2.png

83976d1276965144-texturing-competition-17-ss0000.jpg

83978d1276965144-texturing-competition-17-comp-buildings.jpg

Last edited:
Level 49
The title should be "Texturing Competition #17 - Poll". And there should be a global notification for all users that the poll is up.

I voted for Stanakin Skywalker's hut. I would have voted for Red Shift, but those huge, ship-like, round windows really bother me.

(Edit by Pyritie: Fixed!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 6
Can l0w_kwaliti's submission really be the crypt model...? That's an incredible transformation I must say!
I would certainly use it as a church model with the other human buildings. It fits in rather well in the theme.
It gets my vote!

Level 51
Voted for Red Shift :D He has got the most usefull of all of the entries. One texture -> much buildings :D what can be better? it's also a plus in file size ;)

All the other entries are also really good :) Good job you've done here :D

If Red Shift wouldn't be there, I would have voted for Dan, because I love the concept, only reason I voted not for him is, that they don't fit too much to other wc3 buildings...

Level 16
I cannot decide... The throne of beasts is awsome and very original... But the bay slums also looc fantastic... From the other way the abandoned assylum is jus great... Ah fuck i won't vote. :/

Level 6
Went with Red Shift's Baradin Bay Slums. They were just so full of awesomeness and quality. But l0w_kwaliti's Church of the Holy Light was a close second for me as well.

Dan van Ohllus's Houses with Weird Chimneys
POS: I actually really like them. The creative use of the chimneys almost makes me think of Dr. Suess. I could see myself using these skins.
NEG: The overall skin doesn't seem have a general theme, making it not blend together as well.

Dentothor's Abandoned Asylum
POS: This is a very creative skin. The detail in the wood looks very well done.
NEG: Sadly, the rest of the model isn't as high quality as the base. The towers look off and the door and terrace doesnt match.

Just_Spectating's Throne Of The Beasts
POS: Seems to be very WC3-esque which I like in models.
NEG: The throne seems to be more of a Magnatuar trophy display than an altar or throne.

l0w_kwaliti's Church of the Holy Light
POS: Another very creative skin. A nifty idea I thought of is... How cool would it be to have the church corrupted and turned into the crypt in a game for some reason? :p Anyway love the concept and the thorough looking job.
NEG: The walls don't seem to match the brick patterns of the barracks or the castle. It has a style of its own, albeit a good thing, not something that should have been done this time.

M0rbid's Futuristic Towers
POS: One of my favorite models, good quality and creative.
NEG: Although well done, they don't seem that appealing.

Red Shift's Baradin Bay Slums
POS: The textures are clearly the best quality work in this contest. The detail, the theme- awesome! I might even use them sometime. I love the variation and appreciate the fact that you still managed to maintain a similar look through the texturing.
NEG: I think the grungey feel is a little overplayed and on some of the buildings the overall textures seemed out of place- not aligning with the rest of it.

Stanakin Skywalker's Hut
POS: Appealing, unique and simple. Just what I like in a model. LOL, just when you think a peasant's house couldn't look more poor.
NEG: If you only included a doorless model the 'stacking' idea would make the models a lot more useful. After all a door to a drop is kinda- @_@.

thisruoy's Arcane Vault
POS: Clearly the cutest model in this contest. Was a good laugh.
NEG: Although funny, I don't see it being that useful. And if you had something like- hearts floating around it instead of runes, that would be much more win.

Last edited:
Level 11
Red Shift's Baradin Bay Slums - the best texture for sure.
But I hesitated about the second place, bexause Houses with Weird Chimneys by Dan van Ohllus and Hut by Stanakin are very good, and I also liked M0rbid's Futuristic Towers, so the second place is split for me at least...

Level 23
I did go for DvO's Houses with Red Chimneys.

What actually made me do this is soemthing, that has nothing to do with the quality of the skin. Because many entrys where so damn good in terms of quality that I could not decide which is the best. So I decided to go with the most creative one.
To be honest, Shift's is damn awesome. But it's not tooo creative for me. Stanakin, J_S, l0w, and DvO were very creative, same goes for Dent, (btw. same goes for thisruoy, but his model choice and technique aren't good enough compared to the rest), but what really putted my vote towards DvO were the idea of the chimneys. Great idea and great execution in them! They look pretty weird. --
And I like it!

Level 3
lol at the arcane vault. For who doesn't knows: its a box from the game Portal from valve

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Dentothor's reskin for the High Elven Barracks was very tempting. However, my vote goes for l0w_kwaliti's "Church of the Holy Light". First, because it's probably the most useful. Second, because I had never seen someone re-texture a Crypt. It was pretty smart.

Reactions: ZIR
Level 5
My vote goes to Stanakin

I barely made myself vote, I feel sorry for the other participants, they worked hard and .. you know.. I usually cry :D

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

1. Red Shift
Absolutely stunning.

2. Stanakin Skywalker
Awesome.

3. Just_Spectating
Very interesting.

Level 8
I alsmot couldn't decide between M0rbid's Futuristic Towers and Red Shift's Baradin Bay Slums. Red shift made a better texture work, but M0rbid's idea was more creative, and with some fog work that tower could be damn usefull for Star Wars map. And would look very great too.

I am out of the contest. The symbol on My Building was a trace of another picture.
And seemingly enough I did not know that this would cause a disqualification, As it is under the 25%.
Sorry Everybody.

I'll remove you from the poll.

If anyone voted for dent, you can revote for someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.