• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest 13 Voting

Vote for your favorite skin!

• A.R.'s Sea Screamer?

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Pins' Naga Abyss Fiend?

Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Denu's Nazjatar Leviathan?

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • FrIkY's Naga Slave Master?

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Xatoga's ArachNaga?

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Dionesiist's Naga Marauder?

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • 67Chrome's Naga Predator?

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • bananaHUNT's Naga Stalker?

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Pyramidhe@d's Naga Shredder?

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • Technomancer's Naga Behemoth?

Votes: 4 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
The Hive Workshop

Naga_Priest_Scetch_by_erwtenpeller.jpg

Texturing Competition #13 Voting

Contest Theme: Naga

Each contestant must create a Naga themed skin.

Here are the skins, vote for your favorites!

A.R.'s Naga Sea Screamer
53865d1241595219-texture-contest-13-posed.jpg

Original Post

Pins' Naga Abyss Fiend
52256d1239735979-texture-contest-13-viewer-sc.jpg

Original Post

Denu's Nazjatar Leviathan
53931d1241666558-texture-contest-13-nazjatar-leviathan1.jpg

Original Post

FrIkY's Naga Slave Master
53954d1241700488-texture-contest-13-portrait_screenshot.png

53953d1241700488-texture-contest-13-ingame_screenshot.png

Original Post

Xatoga's ArachNaga
52265d1239741286-texture-contest-13-arachnaga5.jpg

Original Post

Dionesiist's Naga Marauder
Batrooooolll.png

Original Post

67Chrome's Naga Predator
53674d1241393316-texture-contest-13-nagapredatorscreen.jpg

Original Post

bananaHUNT's Naga Stalker
52637565.png

Original Post

Pyramidhe@d's Naga Shredder
skins_3380_screenshot.jpg

Original Post

Technomancer's Naga Behemoth
53878d1241604998-texture-contest-13-untitled-1.jpg

Original Post

Last edited:
Level 14
I voted for Pins' abyss fiend.

Every other entry (Except Xatoga's, but that didn't even feel remotely Nagaish) was "Take a random WC3 unit, use obvious Naga thematics, be utterly uncreative, and submit something that looks identical in color and design to something already in the Naga race." Take a look at the Naga race, people, there's a red turtle, a blue walking dragon, a rainbow flying thingy, white murloc slaves, and then the actual naga thingies. There's so much room for creativity in the design, and unfortunately it appears as though Pins was the only one to take advantage of that in the least. That's why he got my vote.

Level 34
My vote goes to Dionesiist. I love Dio's style, his idea and it's simply awesome.
Every other entry (Except Xatoga's, but that didn't even feel remotely Nagaish) was "Take a random WC3 unit, use obvious Naga thematics, be utterly uncreative, and submit something that looks identical in color and design to something already in the Naga race." Take a look at the Naga race, people, there's a red turtle, a blue walking dragon, a rainbow flying thingy, white murloc slaves, and then the actual naga thingies. There's so much room for creativity in the design, and unfortunately it appears as though Pins was the only one to take advantage of that in the least.
I don't agree with you, there were some very creative skins. Dionesiist for example, 67Chrome and Technomancer, too.

Level 14
It might come as a surprise to you, but there are different types of creativity. I agree in that there were some nice clones of the Myrmidon/Siren on different models, but there were extraordinarily few who were creative and clever in their interpretation of the contest's theme with respect to the Naga race itself.

Level 14
The dark blue dragon being a snap dragon on the wyrm model with couatl wings. I also did mention Xatoga's entry in my post, if you'll care to read it. Not saying the textures aren't neat or whatever, but they simply aren't clever interpretations of the theme.
frostwhisper said:
The naga race itself are the myrmidons and sirenes.
Maybe you haven't played WC3 in awhile, but what is referred to by the words 'naga race' with regards to WC3 is the race as seen in WC3, which includes a lot more than sirens and myrmidons.

Level 38
I imported all the skins to check them out, except the sky barge didn't work - defiantly need to re-import the sky barge model to get the skin to work :(

Everyone did a great job this contest, choosing a skin to vote for was very difficult - :)

Anyways, I voted for Pyramidhe@d's Naga Shredder. Fits in well with the naga race, especially considering that the myrmidon and royal guard, siren and summoner are both blue and green counterparts. The snap dragon and Pyramidhe@d's Naga Shredder go well together as well. This skin has great detail, alpha channels are used well, and it just looks cool :D

again, my boring thought which nobody really gives a toot about

A.R.'s Sea Screamer
bit too many fins but i thought the idea was really great

Pins' Naga Abyss Fiend
i think you went for a shark-like look? i am not too sure about the tail but i like the head texture with its big black eyes

Denu's Nazjatar Leviathan
i didnt really like this one. looks a bit plain. i can tell a lot of effort went into this, especially the faint veins on the wings. very natural looking

FrIkY's Naga Slave Master
dont really like the face but the rest really fits well imo

Xatoga's ArachNaga
very creative and i think the alpha on the tail was very cleverly devised. and the gold armour and the jem thing was pretty cool too although there was, i think, too many of it.

Dionesiist's Naga Marauder
smart idea, changing the leg into a skull. blizzard wraps are so crap. i like the big flappy wing, with out the fingers. the curves give it a really fleshy, watery look.

67Chrome's Naga Predator
awesome skin and i really liked the subtle tc used on the wing tips. i personally find flat tc to be over powering sometimes. i just didnt like the black veins in the wings.

bananaHUNT's Naga Stalker
fits very well with the naga race. the colour did it i think. cant say much except i quite liked it

Technomancer's Naga Behemoth
i love the idea but didnt really turn out right i think. too little shading and a bit too plain

my vote is either ArachNaga, Naga Marauder or Naga Predator. cant seem to choose

Level 14
Please, I'm more able to be unbiased and fair than you give me credit for. I can judge if no one else more capable on this site would like to.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Wow... Great theme, and loads of amazing artwork. This is really stellar.

Well, personally, I love the shark-like Naga thing (for basically the same reasons Dusk stated, as well as how clean and simple it is) by P!ns. I love Chrome's Predator and Dio's ... Thing, just because they took models (flying models, no less) that totally don't seem like they could be Naga-ified, and did it... Well.
I also rather like Pyramidhead's rendition of the Fel guard-thingy...

Dang, such a toss-up. No one did badly, IMO. I guess I'll go for P!ns, since it's potentially the most useful to me in a Naga race. However, all those I mentioned above are wicked sick. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.