• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #13 - Naga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
How about now? Bare hands and teal scales.
17wip.png

hey guys
you know how i always suck with texture? so i thought i would give it a go

screeny.jpg
its a naga skin on felhound.
i first wanted to make it blue then i realised that the snap dragon uses almost the same texture as the felhound so i made a new one out of green just in case someone says i cheated.

the things on the back are octopus tentacles
edit.jpg

here is the blp
View attachment felnagahound.BLP

hmm. i think thats about it.

Level 34
Pyramidhe@d, I think it's over saturated, and a bit blurry. Anyway, here's new WIP. I made tail and that thing around neck. But... I don't know should I leave it that way or should I make it like it's showed in the portrait? (previous page)

Attachments

• 18wip.png
    18wip.png
    428 KB · Views: 177
  • skin_wip12.png
    skin_wip12.png
    298 KB · Views: 112
  • skin_wip13.png
    skin_wip13.png
    83.4 KB · Views: 96

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
Denu: Definitely the Frost Wyrm, it's an epic concept.

Friky: Looking good, my only comment is to watch the style of the armor. At the moment it doesn't really come across as Naga. Heck, you could slap a psi-blade on there and call it a Protoss :p

Pyramidhe@d: good concept but watch the execution. Consider your composition here, the blue fins seem to clash with the green somewhat. Also the round scales look out of place, look at the ingame naga skins for reference if you need to.

Just_Spectating: Great concept there, watch the shading and details as you progress and that'll come out quite nice :)

Level 34
Guys... I think I finally understand now... look at those legs and arms, the beauty of scales! I don't know about you, but I really like those arms. I also found something that might change everything, and it's called "Fading"! I just love it! I love PhotoImpact! Ah... emotions... ^_^'

EDIT: And, I was thinking of changing the whole armor.

2. EDIT: In fact, maybe I won't even make armor, ok maybe a little to cover the nude spots... we'll see.

Attachments

• 19wip.png
    19wip.png
    605.1 KB · Views: 177
  • skin_wip14.png
    skin_wip14.png
    306.7 KB · Views: 120
  • skin_wip15.png
    skin_wip15.png
    85.5 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
meh. little update.
done the skin bit all over again and put more detail and effort. less saturated and blah blah blah. easier if you just see for yourselves

View attachment felnagahound2.BLP

i will do the criss cross scale thing if this one doesnt look okay neither

...and Friky, i aint no good myself but i agree with ike_ike. it doesnt look naga-ish. just cant visualise it without head maybe. i will comment properly once head is done

Level 14
Frost Wyrm

Ok I decided to do the Frost Wyrm and use the Wind Serpent color scheme. I think that all I really need to do is apply a little elbow grease and struggle through the painful scale process.

Attachments

• WindWyrm.JPG
    WindWyrm.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 217
  • WindWyrmUW.JPG
    WindWyrmUW.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 132
Level 10
Damn im noob i didnt know your not suppose to vote for yourself. I shoulda read rules. At the time i voted everyone had like 1 vote so i assumed everyone had voted for themselfs i wasnt trying to be self centered. I didnt know it was such a crime... all my hard work gone to waste cuz of that... pfft

Level 34
Oh well. Here's my skin anyway, in case you change your mind. I was making it this whole morning. Maybe a few comments about would be nice. Thanks! ^^

22wip.png

Skin path: Units\Undead\Tichondrius\Tichondrius.blp

Attachments

• skin_wip17.png
    skin_wip17.png
    98.8 KB · Views: 105
  • skin_wip16.png
    skin_wip16.png
    369.2 KB · Views: 148
  • 23wip.PNG
    23wip.PNG
    190.3 KB · Views: 130
  • 21wip.png
    21wip.png
    239.2 KB · Views: 145
  • Tichondrius.blp
    186.9 KB · Views: 60
Level 26
See, it looks like a dragon -.- Erm. Looks pretty cool. Not much like a naga other than the colour scheme though. Um. Team colour on the shoulder pads? The head's a bit indistinguishable, and looks like a generic scale patch. Not particularly notable. The transition between the neck and the chest armour looks a bit rough too. 'though I've heard that the wrap for the Dreadlord is horrible.

Level 34
Hmm... I don't know what to do with the face, but anything I do looks bad. I guess I should just leave it this way. (Even though I changed it now)
Team colour on the shoulder pads?
Yes, it's TC on shoulders.
'though I've heard that the wrap for the Dreadlord is horrible.
Yes... it's complicated. The pad on the arm is also a pad on the leg, chest is retarded, portrait even more, at first I couldn't find what are teeth, etc.
Don't make a skin for Tichondrius/Dreadlord unless you're a pro!
See, it looks like a dragon -.-
It's a Naga Dragon! :D
Oh and change the horn color to a more... horny color.
Is it horny now? xD

Attachments

• 24wip.png
    24wip.png
    252.1 KB · Views: 132
  • skin_wip18.png
    skin_wip18.png
    366.3 KB · Views: 95
Level 18
It's better, but as you see: From a distance, the face is still green. The blackened eyes fade in the shadow parts of the face, so it still looks plain green from a distance. And that's the perspective where most people will look at it from.

Status
Not open for further replies.