• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #13 - Naga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Now I feel less proud about my own work, but whatever. The servers were down on WoW following the newest patch (Ulduar is out - Squeeee!) so I had some extra time today to finish it up. Behold the Naga Battle Lobster!

Attachments

• arachnaga4.jpg
    arachnaga4.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 300
  • arachnaga5.jpg
    arachnaga5.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 2,016
  • Arachnaga.BLP
    183.1 KB · Views: 151
  • arachnaga6.JPG
    arachnaga6.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 213

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
Hey wow, Pins is still alive <3 Great texture there, love the level of detail and the whole style. Just feels like it could use a touch more tonal and colour contrast to really make it shine ingame.

Anyways, update! Just have to fill in some details here and there.

Attachments

• WIP2.jpg
    WIP2.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 256
Level 21
Thanks a lot for kind comments!
It's true, that fish is a bit grey and its colours ain't really warcraft3-looking... I will probably brighten and saturate him a bit!

Hey A.R. that's one hell of a kickass conversion, I'd have never thought about this!
I'm just throwing the idea out there, she actually feels like some undead naga sea witch, it could be very neat too, I think.

That's also a good skin Xatoga, it looks like a naga war or siege machine/beast. I thought about making such unit by using the night elf ancient of the wind and alphaing out a shitload of stuff, but the wrapping makes it a pain to do and I gave up.

@Xatoga, I just don't think it looks too Naga. Also you could probably do better on the red "shell"

@A.R., the Idea is brilliant, but not digging those red stripes on the "fins" cause it makes it look like a 'dress'

@Pins, It's not really saying Naga. Its good nonetheless.

@Dio, The new wings are much better, Like the couatl's. But the model choice was a tough one. Fire underwater? Strange.

Level 3
Well. : /

Looks everyone is almost or are close to finishing except a few D:.

I won't be able to update my skin till Friday but I've chosen 2 other textures to turn into Naga just as a bonus in case my Succubus doesn't turn out to well...

One thing. No one texture furion/archmage k thx? :O

But it's looking great for everyone's skins! om nom nom.

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
I did one a while back here.

Fr1ky, watch the detail level in those scales, they'll get lost ingame if you're not careful.

Banana, looking good there. The hydralisk jaws are kinda overdone on that model though, you might wanna see if there's anything more interesting you could put there :)

Level 38
All right, this is what I've got so far - if we're all calling dibs on skins I got Wyvern Rider, though I do't really care if someone else wants to do it. By no means is this even close to being done. Cool skins by the way AR

Attachments

• WyvernRiderNagaContest.jpg
    WyvernRiderNagaContest.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 136
  • NagaContestPreview.jpg
    NagaContestPreview.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 155
Level 3
Looking great everyone! D:. My chances are getting slimmer by the second... Lets hope I can get my skins done by the end of this week before I'm too busy ~ _ ~.

Spell breaker, if i ever get a chance.

(HE'S got No LEGS!, i shall transform his 'dress' into his tail.)

But sadly i still do not have adobe photoshop :cry:

I use GIMP?

Hab u tried itz? Iz okay. Click for GIMP?

Level 10
I can understand now why there are next to no sky barge textures...

Oh well, at least the scales help... Now, what to do with the rest of the effing texture...

Oh, and PS: There's an almost-reason why I'm taking front on screenshots...

Oh, and PPS @ FrIkY, Dio suggested a good method a buncha pages back, could be worth a look.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    785.1 KB · Views: 183
Status
Not open for further replies.