• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #13 - Naga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
The model's jaw is far too small to add bigger lower teeth (If you're the one who suggested a bigger underbite) but what exactly do you find unfit about it?
Technomancer, you might want to add some scales, seeing how his forehead is such a big surface. It's not really hard, just a rhombus pattern with bright highlights on the edges (either like I did them on the troll or you could reference from the naga skins in-game) Otherwise, thumbs up for managing such a shitty wrap.

EDIT: Just tint brown and you have yourself a perfect Zerg.

doodoodoooo-3.png

Its starting to look more amazing.

Level 3
lol. Scars.

I tried to make a crappier version of the scale effect Dio had on his naga's face. I'm going to redo it soon and I think I'm going to reinstall WC3 Viewer on my computer because it's been failing ever since I switched over to vista.

I would do it now, but this ain't my computer > >.

[edit; I'll also be redoing the hair since it looks terrible and the wings. Apparently it DOES turn yellow and that makes me sad :(.]

Level 11
Here's an update on my scorpion naga thing. I can't decide what I'm going to do with the body, whether to make it naga-like or just some sort of armored crab under the command of the naga. So for now I'm just working on the gold plating and such.

Attachments

• Arachnaga2.jpg
    Arachnaga2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 153
Level 3
I'm loving everyone's WIPs as of now...Oh I LOVE NAGA!!
And Agrias I would suggest making seashells over her chest
Ex:
attachment.php

What about a Starfish or a seaweed thingy? I'll probably make a seashell thing anyways, I'm afraid I might not execute it well. I'd work on it now(cry) but I'm still not unable to access my own computer.

I could also make an octopus tentacle covering her lawl. xD. lol. Phew.:hohum:

Looking good so far Xatoga. :O

Level 9
Im starting now. But...hey! I will probably not finish it in time so...hey! dont expect anything. and even if I finish on time Im not that great so...hey! dont expect anything good!

Last edited:
Level 3
Yeah. Um. Envy the boots. Just admit they're sexy because it's sexy FFS.

demoness2-2.jpg

I'll see if reinstalling WC3Viewer will fix it. I'm going to go with the shell idea suggested by End because I'm fail and I even though I tried to make the scales one more time... They looking fucking HORRIBLE. I'm also going to add more to the face and neck, a necklace and circlet because the fin like things on her head are being stretched to teh maxz.

Sexy Boots om nom nom. Those boots r soooo sexy, I could do a warden skin instead xD.

Level 45
Dio, Why are the bones showing in his arms?

Look at the Naga Myrmidon.
Anyway, it's done, gentlemen. And don't start on me about the ears, they can't be alpha-ed. And I can't find that damned transparency trigger, so blergh.

Batrooooolll.png

Attachments

• Batrooooolll.png
    Batrooooolll.png
    510.7 KB · Views: 223
  • BatTroll.blp
    64.1 KB · Views: 141
Level 45
I'll see if reinstalling WC3Viewer will fix it. I'm going to go with the shell idea suggested by End because I'm fail and I even though I tried to make the scales one more time... They looking fucking HORRIBLE.
The lines on the boob are too obvious. Look at the nagas in-game, they have subtle lines and the scales are highlighted as to be noticeable. Might be hard since you're working on 256x256, I tend to work at 512x512, then resize...
EDIT: Just looked at it wrapped, it's looking good. Go over the lines with a 35% opacity brush of the skin colour, more than once if needed. Also, needs more shadows, right now it's base colour and highlights, but no shadows. As I said, use the in-game nagas as examples. Actually, notice how the Siren has smooth boobs. That might make your life easier.

Level 21
This is what I've got, so far. When trying to conquer the ground, naga forces encountered civilian resistance in the very land they were trying to hold. Their sorcerers dove back to the abyss and brought to the light the product of their experiments with carnivorous fishes, a highly aggressive hound able to repress any riot, and above all able to scare to death conquered populations.

About attachments : I hope im doin it rite.

Attachments

• ingame sc.jpg
    ingame sc.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 277
  • viewer sc.jpg
    viewer sc.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 4,268
  • FelHoundnaga256.blp
    190.4 KB · Views: 156
Status
Not open for further replies.