• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #24: Poll

Choose your favored piece. Which one shall it be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
160036-albums4747-picture59500.png

texturing.png
contest.png

number.png
2.png
4.png
poll.png

DContPrw.jpg

Diablo
Contestants are to create any creature, being or character from the Diablo franchise. Anything from Deckard Cain to Adria is a go.

Welcome to the poll for Texturing Contest #24: Diablo! Please read through the rules before voting!

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• Each user can only vote once in the poll.
  • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
  • You cannot bribe users for votes. Contestants who break this rule will be disqualified and given negative reputation.
prizes.png

• First Place: 40 reputation points and your entry on an award icon
  • Second Place: 25 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 10 reputation points and an award icon
  • Each judge will receive 5 reputation points.

entries.png

judges.png
contest%20judging.png

Shading
Does the unit fit into the WCIII lighting environment? Is the source of light consistent? Does the unit have a realistic 3D shape enhanced by the shading? Is each individual part shaded according to the material?/30%

Concept
Does the design of the unit suit the model it is wrapped on? Has the author come up with creative ways to change parts of the model into something new? Does the unit fit into the style of WCIII?/40%

Details
Does the unit appear blurry and bland in-game? Are the details appropriate and realistically placed? Are the materials in use easily recognized?/30%
  • 75 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 25 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

disclaimer.png

Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with rep and otherwise cheating with the VB poll system will get you DISQUALIFIED, BANNED from future contests, -REPPED, and possibly INFRACTED. So don't do it!

This includes, but is not limited to, sending PMs out to various users, getting other people to send those PMs, advertising this contest on other sites with the intention to gain more votes (whether it is explicitly stated or not), and so on. If you are suspected of cheating, the staff will notify you and interrogate you (hopefully) over PMs. <3​

Last edited:
Level 28
Well done all, the entries are looking great! When I have more time I'll see each one in detail before casting a vote.

For a moment I thought ~Nightmare's link was actually linking to Apheraz Lucent's entry. I suggest you changing it to this one, so people who rush checking all the entries won't get confused and potentially misplace a vote :)

I really wanted to see how the mephisto turned out, shame it didn't make it in time.
As far as who I will vote for,
it came down to either Blood Raven, Apheraz, or ~Nightmare
this was a tough decision, seeing as though each one of you had some very good looking skins.

Blood Raven, The model choice was pretty much a match made in heaven, and Izual is such a great choice for a contest, as he is a pretty prominent diablo character, and anyone who knows the franchise knows who izzy is. There were a few issues I had with the skin, and it came down to some minor details that affected the execution. Obviously the wings didn't work out as you planned, and they don't strike me as Izual. The belt, in my opinion, sags a little too low on his torso as well and his chest became too long, making his entire proportions a little off. I think his skin color had a little too much contrast to the color of his armor, and it doesn't really unify. Other than that, this skin still does an excellent job portraying Izual.

Apheraz, I think the outcome of your skin came out a lot better than I expected. I wish you made the skirt black rather than green, like most of her reference pictures, but this is a rather minor and unnoticeable issue (I'm just a stickler on details). The skin tone could have been a LITTLE darker, (again, stickler) just to really sell on the Sorceress thing. The Cape actually looks great, even though there are no such items in diablo, but it also becomes really really recognizable as the Jaina model because of it, but you did what you could.

~Nightmare, The one thing that really bothers me is the shirt. In every picture of the monk, his shoulders are showing! I think it would have really benefited your skin if you made his shoulders showing. I think what you did with the sword was really creative and turned out a lot better than I'd expected. The team color on his pants was also a nice touch. Like Blood Raven's skin, this model was also a pretty darn good match for the monk!

I think, after writing these little reviews, My vote goes to...

~Nightmare! His skin was not only executed well, but fits the model and really looks like the diablo Monk!

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

now it's not, because i make apheraz lead by 1 vote :3

Level 30
I think it's primarily due to the fact I created something fully new, while people have already seen the D3 Monk in model version, nothing else. Both our skins are toe to toe come to wrap mastery and detail care, so I gotta admit I'm flattered I'm put in same wagon as you.

But, poll is only 25% anyways. We shall see what happens :)

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

1 vote for me so far. i really need to try harder next time :grin:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I was pretty torn between Nightmare's Monk, Ms. Lucent's Sorceress, and Blood Raven's Blue Doom Guard... In fact, I cannot tell which to pick, so for a tie-breaker I'll go with the face, and for that the Monk is just kickin'. Simply an excellently-represented face, looks very life-like.

Love them all, though. Good job to all contestants!

Only diablo II, however it is the only entry which was the character that you see all the time in the middle of the screen, while the game is diablo II :p

The only character you see all the time in loading screens is diablo himself, can't think of anyone else who you see so often (well, it's the dark traveler, who is essentially your character from the first game, but is now diablo too.
It would be awesome if someone did the dark traveler skin with the acolyte model. I might have made it if I had thought of it earlier. :p

1 vote for me so far. i really need to try harder next time :grin:
If it'll comfort you, I would have voted for you or morbent seeing the current votes, you guys really deserve more.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

If it'll comfort you, I would have voted for you or morbent seeing the current votes, you guys really deserve more.

nah, i just need to do better and improve my work next time. no big deal. but thanks :wink:

Level 11
It would be awesome if someone did the dark traveler skin with the acolyte model. I might have made it if I had thought of it earlier. :p

The acolyte would have fitted perfectly for that, would have considered voting for that as well. :p Also, this contest must have felt sorta familiar to you (your name, your models are basically linked with the diablo franchise :D).

The acolyte would have fitted perfectly for that, would have considered voting for that as well. :p Also, this contest must have felt sorta familiar to you (your name, your models are basically linked with the diablo franchise :D).

Yep, it did. Too bad Aph's Blood Raven skin didn't work out though, would've loved to see it :p

Roland

R

Roland

>View polls
>Finds the Highest votes
>Votes the lowest, I vote for.. WISDOM!

Status
Not open for further replies.