• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Terraining Contest #3 - Four Seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Hmm, I might enter. We'll see after I do some work on it.

This is my first time doing "real" artistic terrain, so it might get interesting.

I have a few questions:

Are we allowed to use base blizzard, unit models? Like a peasant?
Is it judged off the screenies, map or both?

So, I hope that i'll get some done.

Level 34
Hmm, I might enter. We'll see after I do some work on it.

This is my first time doing "real" artistic terrain, so it might get interesting.

I have a few questions:

Are we allowed to use base blizzard, unit models? Like a peasant?
Is it judged off the screenies, map or both?

So, I hope that i'll get some done.
I only judge the picture, as I already stated.

Yes you can use any model in the UTM, that includes units (although I would generally stay away from units).

Level 24
Sorry, I must have missed it. I would not use units as a large feature, but if I am doing something like a town, or village I need some people, for at least the summer/spring/fall senes. i have no excpectations, to win just to learn some more terraining.

Level 7
Hmm, Sounds fun! :) i think i got the perfect way to get around the exact same spot for the trees! w00t, gives me a reason to crack open the world eiditor

Hear is my picute it is Spring! i am not done with it yet

Attachments

• Contest Spring.JPG
    Contest Spring.JPG
    270.1 KB · Views: 191
Level 7
I'm in maybe, even when my school starts tomorrow :sad: so I'll be busy. Because of school, starting for a lot of people I prefer 30 days to work on, but only 20 to join. If everyone is ready, we can start the judge before the 30 days expired.

Level 15
Your modeling skills are better then your terraining at this point :D Using blizzard cliffs is not really popular around here, try replacing cliffs with rolling shores and rocks along the shore to make it look more 'cliffy'. Also, that waterfall seems a bit out of place. + rep for the model XD

Level 34
Thrikodius, I'd rather you left out your model (it is a really good model though!) just because it's not in the UTM. If you really want to use it I can add it to the original post so everyone can use it.

Level 28
Well, if you compare the number of models I've made (not uploaded) to the number of terrains I've made... you won't really have to count.

Gilles, I'm not using any UTM. I'm just importing models that I need. I used WEU to get more terrain tiles into the map so that I could more easily switch between the seasons.

Level 7
is this out of WoW? In (hmm how's this in english^^) Darkcoast?! Looks really like the beach in this area^^

(It's near to Auberdine)

Level 6
I made this terrain yesterday, but I don't think I'll use it...

Because, you know, in a tropical area, there is no really visual difference between the seasons....

So you can see this image and consider it as Summer, Autumn, Spring and Winter! =P

In the winter time you could remove the ships hehe

Also... I figured i better mention one small little thing about my terrains before i submit them. I modified the Log Chimney model, i took out the white smoke that was attached to it. I hope thats okay :)

Last edited:
Level 34
Just edit your post and put them together.

I'll let the model edit slide, but that's the only one. It's not a big deal, but I just want to generally stay away from anything outside of the UTM just so we don't have whiners; and we all know from the last contest that people will whine.

Level 6
Okay here are my screen shots. I didn't think id get done this fast heh. Though I feel like im not hmm. And i was wondering, did you want the map submitted too? Thought someone said we had to submit the map, but its not on the requirements so thought id ask. Well here are my screens (Spring, Summer, Fall, & Winter):

Attachments

• Winter.jpg
    Winter.jpg
    525.2 KB · Views: 209
  • Fall.jpg
    Fall.jpg
    677.2 KB · Views: 236
  • Summer.jpg
    Summer.jpg
    685.5 KB · Views: 248
  • Spring.jpg
    Spring.jpg
    666 KB · Views: 249
  • 4 Seasons.w3x
    4 MB · Views: 93
I most say this the water is the best thing but the sky is bad becous i have a felling u are in a box and ther is nothing back only trees and a sky u should put a mountain behind the trees and those lieves with the trees dont fith!

And by the way hear is my terrain Spring and Summor!

Attachments

• Contest Spring.JPG
    Contest Spring.JPG
    272.8 KB · Views: 185
  • Contest Summor.JPG
    Contest Summor.JPG
    261.7 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Level 6
I was wondering what happened to all the comments on here after my last post heh. Now bam, bunch of posts. Thanks for the comments on my pictures.

These other submissions i like. The seeming volcanic picture change to ice is neat, reminds me of how blizzard does those dramatic climate changes in world of warcraft haha. But for realism, not so good :) I dont know if ive heard of a volcanic place changing so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.