• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #11 - Poll

Who is your winner of Terraining Contest #11

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
the%20hive%20workshop.png

terraining.png
contest.png
number.png
1.png
1.png

poll.png

schlacht-bei-lesnaja.jpg

Battlefields
This terrain has to represent a battleground while or after a battle of two parties

Welcome to the poll for Terraining Contest #11. Please read through the rules before voting! Also please check every entry carefully before casting your vote to keep the contest on a fair base.

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• Each user can only vote once in the poll. (remove this for a multiple choice poll)
  • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
  • You cannot bribe users for votes. Contestants who break this rule will be disqualified and given negative reputation.
prizes.png

• First Place: 45 reputation points and your entry on an award icon
  • Second Place: 30 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 15 reputation points and an award icon

entries.png

judges.png
  • Chaos.
  • M0rbid
contest%20judging.png

Creativity
The creativity displayed in your terrain./15

Detail
The detail of the terrain. Impurities in the detail are rough edges, floating trees etc./15

Technique
How advanced are the techniques and tricks you have used, and how well have you executed them?/15

Theme
How well is the theme used in your terrain?/15
disclaimer.png

Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with rep and otherwise cheating with the VB poll system will get you DISQUALIFIED, BANNED from future contests, -REPPED, and possibly INFRACTED. So don't do it!

This includes, but is not limited to, sending PMs out to various users, getting other people to send those PMs, advertising this contest on other sites with the intention to gain more votes (whether it is explicitly stated or not), and so on. If you are suspected of cheating, the staff will notify you and interrogate you (hopefully) over PMs.​

Last edited:
Level 8
My vote goes to Cloudwolf. His terrain is just awesome, it really has that extra "touch" that makes you think it is a battle.

Level 2
Cloudwolf without a doubt :D
Oh how pitiful mine looks in comparison to all these :3
but it was fun to make, so I consider this a victory! haha

Level 17
You all did beautiful work and you are all winners :D But regardless, gotta vote.

My votes go to -
CloudWolf, Oziris, Tamerleine, idodik, VegaKotes and Sheephunter.
In my opinion they captured the best idea of what a battlefield is aimed to represent :)

Level 17
My vote goes to Oz, but I didn't read before I voted, because otherwise I would've voted for CloudWolf, Keiji and Fladdermasken as well. Oh well. Good luck to you all.

Level 2
You all did beautiful work and you are all winners :D But regardless, gotta vote.

My votes go to -
CloudWolf, Oziris, Tamerleine, idodik, VegaKotes and Sheephunter.
In my opinion they captured the best idea of what a battlefield is aimed to represent :)

aww...thanks haha :D

Level 11
So many cool and innovative submissions; too many to comment them all. Still my three votes go to CloudWolf's action packed castle siege, fladdermasken's calm before the storm and CoBrA b's magical fairytale.

Level 8
Tough choice! In my opinion Indomitable, Cloudwolf and, to a lesser extent, Tamerleine captured the essence of a battlefield without making it look too messy. Secondly, they did this without losing a lot of action that comes with the theme.
I got a sence of excitment in the works of Oziris and Cobra B, paired with a good sence of depth (eg the castle in the back ground etc). The same thing goes for Keiji's where the mysterious fog, the tanks, the dragon and night create a sence of mystery. I also loved the crazyness of fladdermaskens terrain, but I feel that it doesn't live up to the theme of the contest. So I'll just +rep for that now.
I really liked phoonix's WIP, but I don't feel that the night and fog did it a lot of good. The result is a bit blurry and I liked the old version because it felt more like a 18th century painting.

So I'll vote for Cloudwolf for the theme and for oziris for the atmosphere.

Level 8
Oziris all the way. I think Cloudwolf's is the best battlefield between 2 armies, but Oziris' looks like a freakin' battlefield all the way, who says a battlefield has to be between armies? Two huge titans tore that city apart, and it's epic.

Level 8
Tough choice! In my opinion Indomitable, Cloudwolf and, to a lesser extent, Tamerleine captured the essence of a battlefield without making it look too messy. Secondly, they did this without losing a lot of action that comes with the theme.
I got a sence of excitment in the works of Oziris and Cobra B, paired with a good sence of depth (eg the castle in the back ground etc). The same thing goes for Keiji's where the mysterious fog, the tanks, the dragon and night create a sence of mystery. I also loved the crazyness of fladdermaskens terrain, but I feel that it doesn't live up to the theme of the contest. So I'll just +rep for that now.
I really liked phoonix's WIP, but I don't feel that the night and fog did it a lot of good. The result is a bit blurry and I liked the old version because it felt more like a 18th century painting.

So I'll vote for Cloudwolf for the theme and for oziris for the atmosphere.
now that i look at my terrain again i agree whit you, to bad we can't turn back the time ^^ thanks for your feedback anyway. i loved participating in this contest and i hope the next one comes soon.

Level 37
I'm no terrainer so keep that in mind while reading my comments. My top 6 were the following:

fladdenmasken:
I like the tiles and doodad placement. The colour theme is coherent, it gives a very bleak mood. Really fitting with the industrial vibe. However maybe there's a slight lack of combat.

Oziris:
A lot of detail to rest your eyes on. The city continues nicely on the background, you can see buildings and other stuff there. Two giant elementals wreaking havoc just looks cool. They're grabbing buildings which adds to their impressiveness. However I don't like the fact they are hitting each other's fists. It doesn't look like they are trying to punch to the face or chest for example. I think they should be leaning towards each other slightly when trying to land a poweful blow.

Cloudwolf:
Now this is definitely a battlefield. Arrwows and burning boulders flying around, a very chaotic feeling which is a positive fact. The footmen flying due to being hit is a great touch. So are the trebuchets caught in mid-firing animation. The time of day adds to the athmosphere, the fog/sky is nice. I think the moon is glowing too much and the pic lacks the high-res feeling that some other contestants managed to capture. I see too many jagged edges, the pic could benefit from anti-aliasing.

johannesr:
This looks ligh a high quality pic. I remember seeing this pic at it's infant stages and thgough nothing of it, now it's really great. The tile set chosen in good and the tiles are placed well. The sand worms look menacing and it's good to see them in different phases of their animations. The blood effects on the works are good bonus. I do get the feeling of being in another planet. You could've added some weapon projectiles and maybe a marine throwing a grenade, shooting a bazooka or firing with a plasma weapon.

chilla_killa:
Good looking pic. Instantly one of my favourites. I think you could've done a better job with the rocks, like changed their size or applied some ctrl + Page Down on some of them.

Keiji:
Initially I didn't really like it when seeing some WIPs. However I must say that this is really good terraining and I do like it a lot now. The trees look fantastic. Good placement and variation, the models and textures are sweet. The green pollutin with the mist loos great and the fog is lovely. The cogs on top of the barrel, leaning the barrel and on the fence, love 'em. The theme is somehow not appealing to me by 100%. I'd like to see some meat wagon projectile, or tanks muzzle flash...something more, more combat.

Last edited:
Level 18
1. Cloudwolf: Just epic. Could have used another model for the footman but np, still epic. Arrows are raining, fireballs are deadly, moon is shining over the bloody fight, the king is enpowering his troops. Again, just epic battlefield.

2. Oziris: Epic again. Clash of the titans, lots of details, very well made titans. Atmosphere and all is well done. Only thing that didnt catch my vote is the fact that there are two monsters fighting, this is not really what I expected from a "Battlefield".

Status
Not open for further replies.