• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #11 - Battlefields

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Happy new year!

What about Maghar orcs?

They are brown skinned, much less vibrance than their evil counter part.

All credits to the 3rd party rock pushing suggestion go to sPy.

@frutz: Hmmm... Adding too much barrens pillars won't be good too, it looks like the rocks are falling. However, the way you're adding makes it looked like someone has just pushed the pillars, making them fall to the lowest ground, which is good.
Anyway, it's just my personal opinion.

See ^.^

How do you create that water reflection?

by the way, happy new year all!

Follow this link to the tutorial by fladdermasken, it's very good. Then to make the units reflected you create a destructible with the unit model and no pathing and you can place it right on the same spot and it will be flipped (max roll has to be at -3.15 like it says in the tut).

Level 17
No, it says on the first post

m0rbid said:
* You are allowed to use triggers for animation purposes (showing animation of units) and therefore take a screenshot ingame, however every other Trigger use will disqualify your entry. This does not go for the necessary camera and weather effect triggers aswell as teamcolour triggers that are needed to gain the possibilites of a WE shot for an ingame shot

this:

You are allowed to use triggers for animation purposes (showing animation of units) and therefore take a screenshot ingame, however every other Trigger use will disqualify your entry. This does not go for the necessary camera and weather effect triggers aswell as teamcolour triggers that are needed to gain the possibilites of a WE shot for an ingame shot

EDIT: IA beat me to it...

Edit2: and special effects (if ur talking about adding effects like explosions etc.) are doable in the WE...

Level 4
its doable on the WE... just create Doodads and use the model of those effects...

Ok...Thank you... this is my 3rd WIP, going to be final submission after changing some doodads and re-adjust the terrain.

Please let me know if im using prohibited triggers. Thank you in advance

Attachments

• 1-2-2011 12-08-22 AM.png
    1-2-2011 12-08-22 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 119
Level 27
@tleno - It took me ages to understand that this is dwarves against humans. Making the units have different team colors will help realize this much faster.
The combination of so much stone props (benches, buildings, floor) collides very noisily with the crates positioned in the map, and the clash of colors is very annoying to the eye. Perhaps you could use something more grayish or something that could make it look better?
Otherwise great job.

Kinda late response, but anyway see, my forces are brown, Trolmanian are black. Authentical teamcolors you know...
And TlenoTech has dwarves and humans in it's army, but whatever...

And thanks for criticism...

Level 2
my fourth wip
feedbacks are welcomed
and title suggestion are welcomed too

Attachments

• tc11wip4.jpg
    tc11wip4.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 95
Level 7
Yeah, the top left is simply empty, there's nothing there, a little to the right, at the very top of the shot there's an empty spot as well that could be easily covered with a wall or something in the far back.

For the top left I'd say put a few rocks/trees and hills in the background.

Level 17
Those rocks behind the explosion look really.. odd.
Needs more fine-tuning and adjustments to your terrain, but keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.