• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stranglethorn

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
"Once a seat of power for the Gurubashi Empire, now all that remains is ancient arena, deep jungles and pirates that roam these lands now. Time have come to take stranglethorn for your faction!"

Based in the melee Filmting's map. Now with custom missions and a epic Gurubashi Arena!

Just a fun minimap because my hype for the new hearthstone expansion. Enjoy :)
Contents

Stranglethorn (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
The description is not quite informative. Treasure maps can't be dropped. That is bad because it occupies space. They are in Espanol. You must translate them into English. Feels kind of useless to hunt a 5k HP ship on a small 1v1 map when you should...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
The description is not quite informative.

1. Treasure maps can't be dropped. That is bad because it occupies space. They are in Espanol. You must translate them into English.
  2. Feels kind of useless to hunt a 5k HP ship on a small 1v1 map when you should use your resources and time to defeat the enemy not waste it on training aerials. Not sure how many shipyards you'd need to build since the enemy ship is resistant and decimates every shipyard on the first encounter.
  3. Not sure about the forced camera with the opening of the door towards the troll boss. Does it show to both players at once? If not, the player who sees it might get attacked by the other player in those seconds without being able to defend properly.

Honestly, this is a sort of altered melee, not a mini-game or other/miscellaneous.
However, learn more about altered melee:
UB - Ultimate Battle v2.20b AI+
Deforestation of Felwood v2.1.1
Nightborne v1.04
Planetary Domination v2.04
Sands of Time [v1.9]
The Grand Citadel (Racial Issue 1.6)

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
Daffa the Mage
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 15
The description is not quite informative.

1. Treasure maps can't be dropped. That is bad because it occupies space. They are in Espanol. You must translate them into English.
  2. Feels kind of useless to hunt a 5k HP ship on a small 1v1 map when you should use your resources and time to defeat the enemy not waste it on training aerials. Not sure how many shipyards you'd need to build since the enemy ship is resistant and decimates every shipyard on the first encounter.
  3. Not sure about the forced camera with the opening of the door towards the troll boss. Does it show to both players at once? If not, the player who sees it might get attacked by the other player in those seconds without being able to defend properly.

Honestly, this is a sort of altered melee, not a mini-game or other/miscellaneous.
However, learn more about altered melee:
UB - Ultimate Battle v2.20b AI+
Deforestation of Felwood v2.1.1
Nightborne v1.04
Planetary Domination v2.04
Sands of Time [v1.9]
The Grand Citadel (Racial Issue 1.6)

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
Daffa the Mage
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Ty for the Review deepstrasz! I created it first on spanish that's why a few words still on spanish. I'll check it out and fix it on detail.
Yep, the map pieces can't be droped. I know it can be annoying but it's a way that the other player know and hunt your hero to get it.
I didn't know in wich list set the map so I selected "minigame" because of that. Can I still change it's location to "Altered Melee"?
I tought too about pause for the entrance fight. I'll fix it freezing the combat for all units until the scene ends, however both players can see the scene. It's another incentive to focus and attack the player who is fighting the troll boss. Also both players grants vision of the boss fight so you can attack the other player in a pincer attack with the boss and get the big treasure for a counter game and win.
The pirate ship it's a gold source if you or your enemy deploy all the gold mines, the naval armies can sunk the ship faster even if it's 5k in group. Also you can't train aerials in this map.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I didn't know in wich list set the map so I selected "minigame" because of that. Can I still change it's location to "Altered Melee"?
Yes you can. Edit the map description.
Also you can't train aerials in this map.
Darn, was it because so you couldn't get to the troll? You can just use air pathing blockers around or make the troll invulnerable until the door opens.

Anyways, the gameplay is too simple. It's a nice idea but it could be better. Think of more stuff to add, polish.

Level 15
Yes you can. Edit the map description.

Darn, was it because so you couldn't get to the troll? You can just use air pathing blockers around or make the troll invulnerable until the door opens.

Anyways, the gameplay is too simple. It's a nice idea but it could be better. Think of more stuff to add, polish.

Not only for that: I tryed to add air attack to pirate ships but it didn't work. Also the dockyard occupies a slot in inventory for human's worker race so I just have to add that space for it. Therefore, the idea of the troll is that becomes into a "surprise".

To the next update I'm thinking just to left the big treasure on the ground so once you enter in the arena spawn the troll, destroy the treasure and generates other once the troll dies.

I know the gameplay is simple, that was the idea since the first place because I'm a rookie yet hahaha xD however I'll continue improving my skill with your suggestions and useful tutorials, so thank you so much! C:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Not only for that: I tryed to add air attack to pirate ships but it didn't work. Also the dockyard occupies a slot in inventory for human's worker race so I just have to add that space for it.
Can't you make an advanced build menu for the shipyard? Basically another build menu besides the current one?

Don't forget to translate the map items to English.

Level 15
Can't you make an advanced build menu for the shipyard? Basically another build menu besides the current one?

Don't forget to translate the map items to English.

Lol not yet, I don't know how to do it. I'm still a newbie in map crafting. Most of my dessings are for paper and pen rol games, then I try to put it in maps of warcraft 3 as missions because my hype and fun xD
About the translation, don't worry, I'll do. I'll also read the tutorials you have posted in map creation guide list <3 :D tysm!