- Jun 23, 2007
Win a Sc2 Beta key
Win a Sc2 Beta key
The objective of this spell contest is to create a futuristic type spell which would fit into Starcraft II concept-wise. Once again, the spell needs to be futuristic or tech-like and must be a spell which would fit into Starcraft II. All the placers will receive a beta key for Starcraft II (1st, 2nd, 3rd place) along with some rep.
There will only be one judge which is me.
- No submission may violate any Hive Workshop site rules.
- Your submitted spell must follow the theme description. If the judging moderator feels that your spell does not follow the selected theme, then it is his decision to disqualify you.
- You may use any amount of imported resources in your spell as long as you give proper credit to the creator of the resource.
- Either GUI or Jass may be used to create your spell; you will not be penalized if you use GUI over Jass.
- Spells must be at least MPI. You will be marked down for not having a MUI spell. If it's not at least MPI your submission will not be counted.
- Third party editors may be used in the creation of your spell, but you must clearly state which editor you used to create the map. If a third party editor is necessary to use your spell, add a link, along with your spell submission, to download the editor.
Examples of third party editors are:
- World Editor Unlimited
- JassNewGenPack (or Grimoire)
- Each spell submission must be created during the contest and must be submitted before the contest deadline (noted at the end of this post).
- You may use utilities that do small jobs for you, but you may not use large systems that do everything.
Example of utilities
- Armor Detection System
- Local Handle Vars
- Vector System
- Caster System
- Particle/Object Engine
- Knockback Functions
- Jump System
- An infraction of any of the rules stated above may result in a disqualification.
- Judges may not participate in the contest as contestants.
- Your submission must be created only by you : No team submissions.
- Completed submissions must be physically attached to this thread in a post.
- Your last submission will be the considered the final submission, unless if you are previously disqualified from this contest.
Eyecandy 20 pts
Does the spell look good visually?Coding 20 pts
Is the spell efficient, leakless and MUI?Rules 10 pts
Did your spell follow the rules?Concept 20 pts
Is the spells idea unique and original?
First Place: 10 rep, a beta key and an award icon.
Second Place: 8 rep and a beta key.
Third Place: 5 rep and a beta key.
The contest concludes on April 30th.