• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spells & Systems Mini-Contest #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Thanks again all. And Jonnny, you just needed alittle more time and it was good to go. The same with yours Herman.

Me as hoster? Maybe, maybe not. Just because I won this contest doesn't mean that I have the most knowledge of spell making here. But sure, I guess it would be a good idea since I can't join the next contest and you can. I do not know what to say though. Maybe I should sleep at it;)

go for it :D

Level 9
Congratulations Eccho! :) You did a great job on your spelll :D Especially the shield itself, looks really good and smooth. The damage reflection effect looked kinda weird at first, so that i thought it was a bug, but then took a deeper look into the tooltip and realised it's made on purpose :D

Also, great tribute for Poot, i just said "holy shi-" when i saw all those entries marked in one, huge post :eek:

As to the Eccho as judge - he's a very good person for it, but i suppose he doesn't have such wide knowledge as Poot do. Anyway, if he agrees, i would be very pleased to see him hosting the next contest :D

--
Yeh, i overnulled the variables a bit :p And would have thought of better way to detect whether the unit dies or not.
Also, could have made it a more delayed effect instead of instant kill, but meh... The tree color is made on purpose anyway, just thought it would look more weird if blues unit suddenly changes into reds one
And yes, a friend of mine already told me the spell is overpowered :p (instakill + explodamage + poison...)

Level 23
Yes Poot made a tremendous job and really deserves every fruit and cookie he can be given. And raft and justify, thanks you too:p Yeah, it took a while to find out how I should make it orbital, but rememered that it should be moving like a sine curve so=).

As to the Eccho as judge - he's a very good person for it, but i suppose he doesn't have such wide knowledge as Poot do. Anyway, if he agrees, i would be very pleased to see him hosting the next contest :D
You are absolutely right. Poot is really so much wiser at that point:p
But yeah, Berz said something about Hanky hosting the next contest. So I dont really mind. You did a good job as well.^^

Good luck guys on the next contest.

Level 14
Congratulations, Eccho! You've done a good job. Well, I don't know if I will host the next contest, but I would like to, if none have anything against it. I'm also having a new rule expansion: The guy who won the last contest is the judge for the next contest, thus there will be 2 judges. Myself ( Hanky ) and the previous winner. So in this case Eccho would be the second judge in the upcoming contest. Yet I'm not sure whether this is a good idea or not.

Level 23
Christmas spirit.... meh its just not only the time away from school. What I like about it is to spending time with my relatives. Also, usually hanging around with some friends:p

/@ Hanky. That sounds fine. I agree that it is better with two judges. Conclusively, it is a good idea and count me in on it.

Level 12
Judging & winning ... the contest is not about that :p
It is about doing the best you can and getting a review and a pat on the back(does wonders for self-confidence) ;)

P.s. Poot, fix Ribenamania's score :p

Level 18
Why make the last winner the judge at all? If he wants to and has the capabilities to judge, then ask him at the time or he will ask himself. If he doesn't want to or can't do it because of whatever good reason the moderators can think of, then he's not going to be judging the next contest. Can't be any easier in my opinion.

PS: In case of female contestants, the "he"s may also be replaced with "she"s :wink:

Level 23
Judging & winning ... the contest is not about that :p
It is about doing the best you can and getting a review and a pat on the back(does wonders for self-confidence) ;)

Meh, the reason I am volunteering is because I wanted to help... Nevermind what decision is to be made though.

Hanky is a good spell moderator, thus he is propriate to be the judge, with or without help.

Level 40
Fixed, spiwn, thanks for pointing it out!

Hanky, basically what hawk said. If you want to make a public portion, I'd suggest a poll, though I'm not sure whether it's worth bothering as this is only a little mini-contest to have some fun, make a spell, and improve your coding skills.

Anyhow, if I have some time, I may put together a compendium of all of the pretty good spells from the contests, and post it up somewhere for download (Spells section and/or T&S SSMC thread) to get these used some more.

Level 9
Nooooooou ;< Im going for vacation tomorrow for 2 weeks D: Im gonna miss most of the contest time, if not whole... Meh, i'll take wc3 with me ;3

The_Reborn_Devil said:
Having the contest next week is a bit soon, and I can't participate if it's next week either.
Agreed, start it a bit later. Half month delay would greatly fit most of the people around here (or at least i think so). And the contest would start close to the new year then.

Level 23
A half a month would be right in time when I start school again, lol (but I won this one so I am not allowed to enter anyways). What I meant with that point is that I think several is having it that way. But well, Sweden may have different schedules.

Level 12
Yeah, I know this whole site is on different schedules, so trying to start it so that everybody has more time is most likely not going to work (for instance I live in New York)

I would just hope the next one gets started as soon as possible

Level 18
Since it's during the vacation, why not take something like 'Soothing' as theme? It can be some sort of healing ability or improves attack, defense or stats of a unit.

@Hanky: Then the theme better be called Sacrifice, since it doesn't necessarily need to kill the unit :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.