1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Spells & Systems Mini-Contest #19

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by Bribe, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Welcome to The Hiveworkshop's

[​IMG]

Spells & Systems Mini-Contest #19

Introduction
    The Spells & Systems Contest is more of a fun code learning environment than a contest, due to its low requirements, its short time limit, and its small prize. Each spell must adhere to the theme listed below, and to win, it should be executed well and take the main judging points into consideration.

Task
    This contest's theme is

Comedy

The spell must do something funny yet creative enough to still be viable to use in a serious map. Can be light humor, dark humor, slapstick humor, but not obscene things.

Rules
    1. All work should be done by the contestant and original to this contest, started after the contest started.
    2. Each contestant is only allowed one submission.
    3. The spell map must be unprotected.
    4. Please post the triggers in
    • tags (JASS in [JASS] tags)
      • 5. Imported material, beyond a dummy model, is strictly forbidden.
      • 6. Spells should support multiple levels, preferably an indefinite amount.
      • 7. The testmap should provide an adequate testing environment for the spell.
      • 8. GUI, JASS, vJass and Zinc are allowed.
      • 9. Third-party tools are supported, but the spell must be playable on Battle.net and editable in World Editor (GUI) or Jass NewGen Pack (vJass).
      • 10. vJass users, you may use other libraries to complement your code, some useful examples:
        • [list][*]TimerUtils[*]UnitIndexer[*]DamageEvent[*]Table[/LIST]
    • If you break the rules, you may be disqualified from the contest, but minor offences (Such as an imported model/icon) will generally be punished simply by the ignoring of them (as if it didn't exist) in the scoring, and a penalty in the related category.[/BOX]
    • [BOX=Entering] [COLOR="silver"]There is no specific required entry method. Just say you wish to enter, or post your spell when it's finished. Whatever works for you.[/COLOR][/BOX]
    • [BOX=Judging]
    • Judging will be as follows:
      • 1. [COLOR="silver"]Idea (5 points)[/COLOR] - Originality and execution of the idea.
      • 2. [COLOR="silver"]Triggering (5 points)[/COLOR] - Make efficient, leakless, simple triggers..
      • 3. [COLOR="silver"]Overall Aspect (5 points)[/COLOR] - Making sure your spell is easy to read (tooltip, comments, logical variable names), as well as having a practical use in-game.
      • 4. [COLOR="silver"]Visual effects (7 points)[/COLOR] - A nice-looking, non-laggy effect. Again, don't use custom models, achieve the effect with native WarCraft III models.
      • 5. [COLOR="silver"]Lulz (8 points)[/COLOR] - Slapstick humor, dry humor, please refrain from obscene humor.
    • [/BOX]
    • [BOX=Prize]
    • A spell can earn a maximum of 30 points. It's simple, the contestant with the most points wins.
    • [COLOR="silver"]The winner's prize will be 10 reputation points, and earn a spot in the "Spells/Systems Hall of Fame" (the list of winners of this contest).[/COLOR][/BOX]
    • [size=3]Contest is now closed :) Congratulations to our winners!
    • [COLOR="silver"]~Bribe[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  2. baassee

baassee

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You should make a notification like it is with all other contests "blablabla has start" :p

I'm probably in if I have the time. No WIP showing needed? Awesome.

3. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I have requested to make the announcement, here in Europe we are all awake but in the Amercan continents they're still sleeping ;)

4. baassee

baassee

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hehe good point! :)

5. Axarion

Axarion

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    What about tooltip creators? :p

Anyway finally a new spellmaking contest. My only problem is the theme since I don't really know what a funny Spell should do (My spells are srs bsnss) But I will try to create a proper one :)

6. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Even something like a funny little Moogle-type spell that just summons a little squirt that deals a huge, mighty attack would be considered "funny" ;)

I advise doing some brainstorming to come up with your spell. Write down all the first things that come to mind - remember - when brainstorming, bad ideas are welcome. Come up with a list of like 10 ideas. Some of them might be really bad ideas, but write them down anyway because that gets your creativity stirring. When you have a list of 10, odds are you've got 3-4 decent ideas and from there you can work.

7. -Berz-

-Berz-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Ok, I'll make Super sheep spell (based on worms series) :D

Summons a sheep that bounces around until it reaches the first enemy -> kabbom :p

Edit: and meee, meee sound (if there is one in editor)

8. NFWar

NFWar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Haha I loled "Deadline at 1 April >:D" sounds like if u will not finish it until then u will DOE! Doe on FOLL's DAY! xD

I will join this.

Indeet it have one :D

9. baassee

baassee

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Believe it or not but this was exactly to the word the idea I had in my mind before I read this ;)

10. -Berz-

-Berz-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    bassee, darn, well i can think of another idea so NP ;)

NFW, that's good to know :D

11. baassee

baassee

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No no no I'll either come up with something different or something new added :p

12. Axarion

Axarion

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Ok I think I have a good idea :) I hope I find the time to code it, since I am busy with school and my other system. Good luck to all contestants :)

13. Gamecrafter_DK

Gamecrafter_DK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Cool! I think i'll join! hmm... Everyone seems to be going for spells... I'll go for a system, then! since it IS spells & systems! dunno how practical it will be if it's just for fun :D

14. Troll-Brain

Troll-Brain

Resources:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    You have to make a spell actually.

I will join it if i find a good idea.

15. The_Swamp_Warrior

The_Swamp_Warrior

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
  16. Kala

Kala

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Joining if i get some idea.

17. NBalfa

NBalfa

Resources:
    Resources:
    If I find out that I have some time, I will join.

Maybe a nice spell will be the mighty croud:
    and I am between: one target ( you call the croud to smash 1 target and targets mixed in this fight ... might have a huge problem)

no target (the croud runs forward throw low healthed enemies in path, in the air and "I am not sure yet how" somehow dealing damage to other enemy units)

18. Adiktuz

Adiktuz

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I'll join... ^_^

19. Klingo

Klingo

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    May join too... If I find a lulz idea...

20. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Subscribing :)

Thread Status: