1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Self-fix for JNGP on Patch 1.28

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by TriggerHappy, Apr 6, 2017.

1. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    It's broken for everyone but the latest version of WEX has a hotfix for it.

2. Hotwer

Hotwer

Resources:
    Resources:
    This only would be a problem with special characters path names.

Whay they need to fix is to use the path itself, (actually use the %UserProfile%/Documents/Warcraft III/Maps path)

3. Nordmar

Nordmar

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    so annoying to redo this fix after every little patch...

4. Hotwer

Hotwer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, I've tried everything that was possible to migrate to WEX. Maybe you could ask MindWorX to implement the features that are holding you back.

5. jamie ashby

jamie ashby

Resources:
    Resources:

I have the font file with both 'font' and 'tft.font' however im not sure where to put them in MPQ, i tried just 'Adding file' but that didnt work, any advice welcome

6. Yousef

Yousef

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, I don't get how am I supposed to put the folder file in the root of the MPQ, what do you mean by the root and how can I put the folder file? I only have the option of uploading files not folders.

7. ToolorDie

ToolorDie

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am having this same problem, using the MPQ editor provided in OP link. Would another MPQ editor be a better choice? I will attempt to create my own folder called "Font" and place these files within. Be back with conclusion

-edit: I have tried to create new folder and place files in, as well as drag and drop entire folder, following OP instructions. JNGP will still load with ROC impression. Dang it. Someone who has had success, please help!

-edit2: Missed the crucial step of changing roc.font and tft.font to just "font" before dragging and dropping folder. JNGP successfully back to TFT display. Hope this helps anyone else who missed that step!

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  8. blackrat5521

blackrat5521

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can someone please craft a tutorial on how to use the MPQ editor correctly? I have tried using everyone else's experiences but have not found out my solution.

Thank you!

9. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    JNGP is no longer supported. I advise changing to SharpCraft, which was designed as a replacement for it.

10. Frotty

Frotty

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Wurst:
    Resources:
    For any1 still interested in using JNGP instead of WEX, I fixed Wurstpack(which is based on jngp) for 1.28.5 by creating a compatability copy of the wc3 installation.
    Your original install will stay untouched. The only drawback is that you need another 1GB of space.
    Additionally the map needs to be copied into the documents folder upon testing in editor.
    It's not 100% ready to be published, but you can try it out via this link: http://peeeq.de/hudson/job/Wurst/ws/downloads/wurstpack_complete.zip

Of course this requires a valid java installation on your system

Just extract the archieve and run WurstWE.exe - a dialog should pop up asking you to fix your installation.
    Feel free to test and tell me how it works.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  11. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I had to crack wc3 to get a 1.26 version. Downloading from battlenet automatically patches to 1.28

I just wanted the edit tileset feature :<

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  12. ToolorDie

ToolorDie

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dang, I was just trying to figure this out. Sharpcraft can't have 16 tiles?

13. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    MindWorX has a lot of updates waiting for WEX such as the tileset editor and colorizer, but he is waiting for 1.29 to drop before he releases it to avoid compatibility issues.

14. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Knowing Blizzard, they will do it at some inopportune time.

15. Ragnar9

Ragnar9

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am also having trouble with this, so I installed the NewGen editor and have the shortcut on my screen. However, when I click it it asks me to "Select directory warcraft 3 is installed to" the problem is it cannot find warcraft 3 at all. No matter which folder I pick (ive tried all of them) it says warcraft 3 could not be located. can someone point me in the right direction?

16. loktar

loktar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I still get the "Could not locate warcraft" when trying to start JNGP. Is there a new version that doesn't look for worldedit.exe anymore?

17. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    JNGP doesn't work with 1.28 version or other versions above in terms of editing/making a map. If you have a copy of 1.26, JNGP will work with that. Maps made with JNGP using the 1.26 version of WC3 work in the latest version of 1.29. (So far that I've seen with my own maps.)

18. Retera

Retera

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's left to the viewer to decide whether this video is a joke or not, but supposedly you could like this video 100 times and then download Patch 1.52 and it would include JNGP, then you could run your creations in 1.29.

I heard a rumour that their "missile natives" embed themselves in the map so that it plays on 1.29 as well as 1.52, haha