• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reputation FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I still don't get it, why does it matter either way? If you want the discussion to stop, then stop spamming the thread asking why the discussion exists. Common sense.

Level 22
Next person who continues this off-topic and pointless discussion about this thread gets a nice, large, -rep from me and the post deleted.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Let's get back to the topic at hand, which is to, politely, answer any questions and discuss comments concerning the Reputation system.

Level 1
Originally posted by Ghan_04
"Users must possess ten reputation points and ten posts in order to add positive reputation points to others."
isn't that incorrect now users with 0 rep can also give rep?

What is a disabled rep?

Level 24
Attached my latest reputation. Yes, you can see how much I have. LE GASP.

I've found that after the initial rush, I've received less in fact. On the other hand I have been telling people that there isn't a point to giving me reputation.

I've also not done anything really worthy of rep, except that BTNBranch deal.

Oh, and Pecker 'n me are just that awesome.

EDIT: I don't know if you can actually read that. I can't on this screen.

Attachments

• Screenshot-2.png
    Screenshot-2.png
    300.5 KB · Views: 169
Level 6
Why bother allowing a user to change the amount of rep he can give? It wouldn't really matter to just give the user some extra rep for him to admire his gem or to polish it?

I think the current rep issue is fine, no need for amends. I would rather the site focus on the resources uploaded in the site rather then bother with tiny issues.

Level 35
I already discuss the matter with Ralle, he going to tell ghan to implement it.

This thread can be close since it was going off-topic several times and the webmaster already agree to implement it.

Nice :D

No, only mods can.

They have to request in AC so normal users can't use it to hide -rep.

Damn, then I were wrong - but well requesting it is almost the same as being able to remove it yourself.

Level 35
Question! I'm sure it was already asked though, I noticed it's possible to give more than one reputation point. How do you do that?

Well that depends on amount of rep you have and the amount of post you have.

I for instance gives 3 rep.

To quote the rules (which is written in the first post of this tread):

Reputation Power determines the number of reputation points added to other users:

* For every 200 reputation points a user possesses, he or she adds one point to their reputation power.
* For every 2500 posts a user possesses, he or she adds one point to their reputation power.
* Administrators may set other reputation power modifiers.

So no need to ask really, but now you have your answer. :wink:

Level 27
Advertising for Reputation: Requesting / offering reputation in any way is strictly prohibited. Doing so may result in negative reputation punishments. Reputation awards in official contests are allowed.

Hmmm... maybe you should add that prommising to give rep for help or anything else is not rep advertising? You know, like if a guy asks someone to make a model or whatever he requested and prommises to give the rep for the one who made it, that shouldn't be wrong, right?

Level 35
could you tell me how the rep system works?

Simple - Click the button below the user, write a comment then press the big white button below the comment to give rep. Also note that you can't rep the same post twice or give rep to the same user multiple times, without spreading rep around to other users first.

Rep should also only be given with reason.

Like shown in the attachments.

Attachments

• Unavngivet.jpg
    Unavngivet.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 123
Status
Not open for further replies.