• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The reputation system:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
there is a point to it! you can reward someone, you can purchase favors and give recognition to beta testers and hivers who contribute!

show our appreciation with far more than 1 point

Level 21
Up to 4 points to be exact. I don't see much point into the value for reps. It's already abusable already and further making such will only yield like lots of issues. At that rate, I would easily rep my friend like 150+ rep and make him highly reputed out of the blue.

/just 2 cents
150+?That's a lot.Also,you have to spread remember?
Oh,and you used already twice :D

I'm sorry, Can someone please explain me how this reputation work ?
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/site-discussion-97/reputation-faq-94520/
It should be sufficient for you to understand :)

Exactly. What matters is 'real rep' which is other user's perception of you which cannot be represented by GIF images.
No matter how reputed you are, there are people that still looks down on you.
Same goes otherwise, even a low reputed person here can be very famous, it's quite reminding of the early days of mine for some reason though :D

Level 21
Anyway, it's not like reps have much meaning, at least for me.
Same

No matter how reputed you are, there are people that still looks down on you.
Same goes otherwise, even a low reputed person here can be very famous, it's quite reminding of the early days of mine for some reason though :D
True.It's often the trolls who are the most reputed

Level 19
reputation is a good way to say thank you... that's why I feel it should be more meaningful than points which cost you nothing.

they should be points you sacrifice from your own reputation

Status
Not open for further replies.