• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

About reputation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
There wouldn't be a need for topics like this one if there was no rep system, which we don't need either.

Noobs/newbies/new members or w/e i should call it gets happy when they archieve reputation and thats their "fuel" that makes them keep going.
People want something that actually says that they did a good job.
I was the same about 2/3 months ago.
But now i understand that its no point in having rep, if i like what i do, im happy, even though other people might now like it as much as i do.

Level 11
I think that if Septimus doesn't want to give 2 reputation, but only 1 gem, then he shouldn't give any reputation for that post at all because his reputation is too worth for that and the post doesn't deserve to be +repped by Septimus.
Just don't rep the user if you don't want to give him +2 gems!

Level 17
I think that if Septimus doesn't want to give 2 reputation, but only 1 gem, then he shouldn't give any reputation for that post at all because his reputation is too worth for that and the post doesn't deserve to be +repped by Septimus.

But that would make it unfair, wouldnt it?
He can only give to people that deserves two rep and not the ones that deserves one rep. And you should be able to give less rep then your maximum amount, i mean. What if someone can give say like 6 rep, and all the guy did was to say something nice, does he deserves the 6 reps for that?

Anyway, this thread is dead. Its about a half month old. Just leave it alone.

Level 35

Necro posting ain't really a good idea...

And the matter have already been discussed. Maybe the tread should be closed?

Level 34
People make far too big a deal over rep for claiming to not care about it.
My thoughts exactly. If you don't think it's a big deal, ignore these threads.

Personally I enjoy it, and without it there wouldn't be half the motivation around here. Overall I'd say it's served its purpose well.

Level 13
I disagree, Gilles.

I believe that there would be much better motivation around here if there weren't reputation gems around to corrupt it.

I bet my gems that if you had 600+ rep points you wouldn't be protesting.

Last edited:
Level 35
Why should be closed? We are not discussing on removing reputation, just about implement something that allowed user to adjust the amount of reputation they want to give.

Agreed, and a conclusion haven't been meet yet... But it was inactive for some time.

I mostly want the feature to see all rep history, and not just the newest.

Level 17
Oziris is right, if you think that if you +rep someone will give too much rep to that person, then just don't rep him. End of story.

Just becouse you want to get more reputation. (joking xD)

Seriusly. Some people might not care about this but for gods sake, people should be able to choose if they want to give one or six reputation to keep it fair. Becouse there is people that care about this.
If i was able to give six reputation and wanted to rep someone for doing me a very small favor, i dont feel like giving six reputation, i would want to give one/two reputation.

But w/e. The Story Ends here, becouse they wont do anything about this, but im still allowed to post my opinions.

Level 35
Like ''omg'' you guys are posting for who? for your self's maybe. No one, i mean no one in the right world will listen to you, this thread and the rest are just some stupid whining about rep that leads to nowhere. I suggest closing this nonsense now.

Try reading the whole tread, and keep it polite... You actually breaking hive rules.

And it was not just "whining" about rep :thumbs_down:

Level 13
Now, just a question: What would it change? There are quite a lot issues that require attention now rather than bothering to give 1 rep point instead of 2 because that guy didn't help you enough. IT WILL CHANGE NOTHING
If reputation was something vital (and it is not) this idea could have a point, but it does not. It stole time from admins when they read it, and now it's just a sh*thole where people throw in all their complaints about reputation. Please, please, PLEASE close this.

Level 27
We have heard your suggestion(s), and will put them on the list of things to do.

...Eventually.

If you have any more suggestions about reputation, feel free to search the forums and find that they have already been brought up about a hundred times make yet another thread about it.

Really though, do feel free to post if your think it is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.