• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reputation FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi.
So when I hover over my reputation circle it says that I'm unknown quantity. My English is not perfect but shouldn't it be "entity" instead? :D

Level 24
Hi.
So when I hover over my reputation circle it says that I'm unknown quantity. My English is not perfect but shouldn't it be "entity" instead? :D

It says unknown because you're at exactly 0 reputation and no one knows yet if you'll be an addition or liability to this website, not that I think you'll be a liability.

Level 2
It says unknown because you're at exactly 0 reputation and no one knows yet if you'll be an addition or liability to this website, not that I think you'll be a liability.
I understand the "unknown" part, the question was about "quantity". "TuncTunc is an unknow quantity". Human being=quantity:true? :D

Level 24
I'm still curious to see what happens when someone reaches 3600, will they get a second golden ball?

Hello there, wanted inform you that there is an incorrect information about reputation gem.

In thread description there is shown: 60-99 rep = 3 2 green gems

But actually it's onyl from 60-89 .. I recoginized this by my own account

Now I have more than 89, but here's proof: random account

Edit: Thx, Adiktuz.. I mean 2 gems ofc, not 3.

Last edited:
Level 24
but yeah, there seems to be a bug... he has 3 gems at 90 rep already...

No it's not a bug you're supposed to get a green ball for every 30 rep you gather so you get one at 50 (for some reason) then one at 60, one at 90 and one at 120.

Here's the desc...

attachment.php

Attachments

• green.PNG
    green.PNG
    13.4 KB · Views: 137
Level 30
The description for the reputations are pretty much confusing and...

I think it is somehow helpful to see the image that Adiktuz just linked now but 2 green balls is not 60-99 but 60-89, 3 green balls is not 100-129 but 90-119, and 4 green balls is not 130-149 but 120-149.

I think this should be updated ASAP so as to not confuse the newcomers around that will look into this and...

@Maker
Green ball for 30 rep? Looks totally wrong and if we are to look the user that Razosh linked, he has 40 rep and yet he doesn't have a green gem or whatsoever... I guess mods also are confused at this matter.

Level 35
Why even discuss this? It changes when it changes. The reputation one has does not become less if represented by a yellow or a white orb, no matter the actual point where it changes.

If you receive rep then you have been given an indication that you have done something, that others like. Even more important you've gotten a message with that indication. As long as that is clear and understandable I see absolutely no need to beat the poor horse over and over with a discussion about the specific color of this or that gem.

Heck it could be represented by cooked orc heads and it wouldn't make a difference as to the actual meaning of reputation nor the function of it.

Last edited:
Level 37
Yet this user has 40 rep and no green ball, it seems you're lying or don't know what you're talking about, but wich one?

It seems I was wrong about when one gets the first green ball.

A green ball is worth 30, but you get the first one at 50 , not at 30 due to one getting the small yellow balls before that. Just like you said. You get two green balls at 60 as it normalizes the worth of the balls. 30 + 30 = 60.

Status
Not open for further replies.