• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reputation FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
but.i mean don't we have the right to just give reputation as we want to? :D :grin:

You do, but within limits.. If two people consitently rep each other for no reason, other then getting rep.. then thats against the rules. Which also applies to threads or groups created for the sole purpose of getting reputation.

The basic idea is that reputation is given within reason, so a good deed or any form of help is rewarded.

Level 17
Reputation Power determines the number of reputation points added to other users:
  • For every 200 reputation points a user possesses, he or she adds one point to their reputation power.
  • For every 2500 posts a user possesses, he or she adds one point to their reputation power.

Level 35
The why do I give only two when I'm supposed to have three?
Is this a bug of some kind?

It might be because it either is using the rep or the posts. Depending on what's highest.

So in your case you give the total of 1 from normal + post count which gives +1.

Or normal 1 + 1 from reputation count.

Dunno..

Level 13
it still looks like its cookies and cakes to me.. ppl may have their gems by their name but its not back to normal in here yet.. from what i can see.

reputation_neg.gif
reputation_neg.gif
reputation_neg.gif
reputation_neg.gif
reputation_neg.gif
reputation_neg.gif
-1 to -10
reputation_balance.gif
Zero Reputation
reputation_smallpos.gif
1 - 9
reputation_smallpos.gif
reputation_smallpos.gif
10 - 19
reputation_smallpos.gif
reputation_smallpos.gif
reputation_smallpos.gif
20 - 29
reputation_smallpos.gif
reputation_smallpos.gif
reputation_smallpos.gif
reputation_smallpos.gif
30 - 39
reputation_smallpos.gif
reputation_smallpos.gif
reputation_smallpos.gif
reputation_smallpos.gif
reputation_smallpos.gif
40 - 49
reputation_pos.gif
50 - 59
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
60 - 99
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
100 - 129
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
130 - 149
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_higherpos.gif
reputation_vhighpos.gif

Level 13
Apparently, dessert rep icons are still being used under 'Terran (Beta)' theme for Hive, while 'Night Elf' theme is using regular gems (@CaptainObvious: You're welcome.). My guess is that dessert rep icons were supposed to be used during April's Fools day as the joke, but they decided to keep them, or forgot to remove them.

yea thats what i assumed was a April fools thing, also i use the night elf theme as well so idc really just stating that it still hasn't been changed back :p

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
You get the rep system but you don't understand any of its features?
...which users can give more than 1 rep at a moment and who can give neutral and negative rep?
All those questions are answered in the first post - as such:
Reputation Power determines the number of reputation points added to other users:
For every 200 reputation points a user possesses, he or she adds one point to their reputation power.
Put differently, when you reach a reputation level of
  • 200, you can add 2 rep per batch.
  • 400, 3 rep per batch.
  • 600, 4 rep per batch (maximum for ordinary users)
Negative reputation can only be imposed by:____
Only administrators and moderators may impose negative reputation penalties.
And in addition:____
Administrators have a reputation power level of over nine thousand.
Moderators can give and remove up to 12 reputation points and anywhere in between.
And that's it, nothing too complicated really.

Level 27
I think I'd prefere vespene gas.

But vespene is very limited!

And there are different kinds of minerals ingame - blue standart, rich ones, mineral pallets, not to mention there can be like tinny mineral shards and some bigger pieces of them... while gas is more limiting in creativity - it has no variations and it's kinda hard to show him in different amounts. Same with Terrazine, btw.

Level 4
Humm, I clear all, thanks for the info, I'm new hive, I like it because there are always people willing to help, and that is not seen anywhere.

Greetings guys.

For every 200 reputation points a user possesses, he or she adds one point to their reputation power.
For every 2500 posts a user possesses, he or she adds one point to their reputation power.
Note: These are rough guesses so your actual reputation given may be different

Means if you fulfill one of them you will gain additional rep powers, means everytime you give a rep it will be increased based on your rep power.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.