1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Patch 1.30.1.10151 PTR Update

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by TriggerHappy, Sep 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. opium911

opium911

Resources:
    Resources:
    11) Go to "Battle.Net Custom Games" screen where you see all the custom games being hosted.
    Locate a game that is actually being hosted and that is "STILL" visible to you.
    Double click the game that you want to join.

Now normally if this game has started, the game will disappear from the list and you will get a message along the lines of "The server could not locate your game." and you would have to press on "OK" in order to refresh the list of games available.

The problem that is occurring now in this PTR patch and it seems to be also occurring even in the active 1.30.0.9922 Patch, is that the server will be trying to find the game you initially wanted but in an indefinite loop manner.
    The game you initially wanted to join will disappear because it is no longer available ; either because it already started or the host cancelled the game.
    The game will be completely unresponsive and you cannot even escape from this screen.
    The only accessible button is the "refresh" button for the game list but this leads to nowhere because you still can't click on any of the available games.

The only solution to this problem is CTR + ALT + DEL, or ALT-TAB'ing the program so that you can close completely the application.

Link: Imgur

2. kantarion

kantarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well it would be nice if already started game would be totaly removed from the list.

Also i pray for a day when different game interface would be made. Cause after every click cancel-leave (inside custom game lobby) warcraft sends me to chat room,(its kinda new padding window), then you must select either ladder or custom games-which is again new padding window.Probably same when game ends. I think chat can exist along with game list . After so many years its kinda annoying , i mean even dota 2 mods solved it long ago lol - but i hate dota 2 and i like blizz so : What we gonna do damn

Oh heres is to demonstrate how 1 very old moba did it , i hope its allowed for showcase.A perfect example of simplicity with lot of content to preview in a 1 breath.While you are chating,news are poping up,ads,without interupting your chat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  3. opium911

opium911

Resources:
    Resources:
    12) Log-In to Battle.Net
    Remain on the main screen where it says "Welcome to Battle.Net."
    Click on the top left image section where it is written "Welcome to Battle.Net".
    It is supposed to lead you to "Battle.Net".
    Link: Imgur

So the game will minimize and you will be on your desktop but it will not trigger any website.

Therefore, when you click again on the Warcraft 3 application that was minimized, it brings you back into the game.
    Now at this point, anywhere you click on that "Welcome to Battle.Net." screen will also constantly minimize the application and constantly try to trigger the "Battle.Net" website.
    So even clicking outside the "Welcome to Battle.Net" image section will trigger application minimization.

4. chusrubi2

chusrubi2

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just installed the PTR in my laptop (I cannot install it in my daily pc right now) and this is my conclusion for the mouse lag:

- With -nativefullscr the mouse delay seem to be gone. The problem is the transition with Alt+Tab is not smooth at all. It's really slow.
    - Without -nativefullscr there is still mouse delay.
    - -graphicsapi OpenGL2 is simply not working.

Other problems (will be editing):

- There are still issues with the sound. F.e: if you're in the main menu and you click on "Single player" the sound is echoed, probably because its played more than once.

Bug in public 1.30:

- Something went wrong in this game on this map. The players nor the obs are/were displayed in the loading screen and in the replay, the spawn position for the obs is not one of the players's base.

Setup:

- i5-4210U.
    - Nvidia 840M

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  5. RedneckWizard

RedneckWizard

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know there's been a ton of reporting regarding sounds, I'd like to chip in on that.

I apologize in advance if this has been detailed elsewhere. I read and searched through several pages for keywords that match what I'm describing and haven't found anything specifically describing this issue.

Weather sounds are messed up. It seems that when a weather effect (rain, for example) is created, then turned on, the looping raining sound effect is instanced as a positional sound effect. It would also appear that it is created at the location of the camera view and also again when the camera enters the region containing the weather effect.

I made a quick recording that demonstrates the issue in-game. This is the most info I can provide at this time, but if needed I can put together a demonstration map another day.

6. aeman

aeman

Resources:
    Resources:
    avahor's etales is working well with this patch

7. Akolyt0r

Akolyt0r

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Kam probably meant to ask if you also tried it with vanilla registry settings (so without the changes you described in (1)).

8. mori

mori

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I tested my maps and things more or less seem to work fine.
    One other more interesting aspect... Some things seem to have started working faster. By which, I mean, certain resource-intensive operations now take less time to finish. Notably, unit creation and terrain deformations.
    There's no way for me to confirm this, since we don't have benchmarking natives, but I guess this is an improvement.

9. Avahor

Avahor

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Indeed last updated version of etales was done with 1.27 using JNGP and vex optimizer. unfortunately I've no luck with current mindwork editor (I really like the way that editor is being improved). the generated map falls in some sort of OP limit touch that I cannot get rid of. In old versions this problem was easily solved using vexorian optimizer but it's incompatible with latest editor map versions (at least for me). I tried with j file modification too, even replacing call init with call executefunc.
    @Kam I don't know if this issue can be categorized for current PRT checks. tell me if it fits plz.

10. EredarArbeiterYU

EredarArbeiterYU

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is it within the realm of possibility to make it so that I DON'T get kicked from Bnet because I had a new line at the end of the game name in search when I press Enter?
    I sometimes copy the gamename from a hosting bot website and paste it in Bnet to join. BUT I leave the new line that was copied by mistake in.. and I get a 10 minute ban from Bnet! Whyyyyyyyyyyy?? :(

11. WeirdEditor

WeirdEditor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Mouse over "Menu(F10)" button above, and text of it will dislocate. Only appear when -nativefullscr.

12. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.