• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Mapping Contest #3 - Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Oh, and for the "controls no other units", I'm going to guess that summons Charm, Resurrection, ect. are allowed?

Yea summoned units are allowed.

Mine and Fibians map is 80% compleat all we have to do is make 8 more heros for the ferst release. Also are we aloud to protect it or do you have to see the triggers. also we never made a rpg.

Well you can release a protected version if you want, but you will have to send me an unprotected version so I can look at the map.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Bob27, while talking about this on chat I discovered you have not clearly defined what a "hero" is. As it can be interpreted literly meaning the main "good guy" of a story or in the WC3/gaming terms as an object that can level up and by doing so increases in power.

The reason this has to be defined is people like pyritie are pushing it to its limate by using what can only be described in WC3 terms as a "unit" (no leveling up or increasing in power) rather than a "hero". This may cause some unexpected map submissions unless it is cleared up.

Anyway good luck with the compitition.

Level 17
Lf partner, I have an idea for a roman gladiator map. If I cant find one Ill just pair with Darkholme.

Sorry dude I can't. I have 2 projects already, and all of april is filled with university exams. I don't have time for a map making contest on top of my other stuff..

Plus I have a painting due on the 7th, a 12 page essay due monday, and I need to sew my cosplay for anime north at the end of may (after creating the pattern and all that other stuff). It's all stuff I can do within a month, but with all the stuff I have to do + my girlfriend, I just don't have time for this contest.

I looked at the competition when it first went up and thought it would be fun, but I'm too busy.

Level 2
It's a hero. Hero is like a unit type. Just because it has the power to level up doesn't mean you have to make it level up.

Pushing the limits and fishing for votes with a concept like that - looking good!

Does the hero have to have any "abilites" per se?

Because the only "ability" ours has is the "ability" to make portals :3

Sounds like a really interesting "hero" by the way.

Level 8
Yay Fibian and i almost finished around 90% we have to make 5 more heros and then we make more waves we have 12 waves so far. Also we are wondering how do we send you the map and are we aloud to send it a couple of days late becouse he wil be going on a holdiday 2 days before it is due and i will be going on 1 the day before or can i give is before the dewe date.:infl_thumbs_up:

Yay Fibian and i almost finished around 90% we have to make 5 more heros and then we make more waves we have 12 waves so far. Also we are wondering how do we send you the map and are we aloud to send it a couple of days late becouse he wil be going on a holdiday 2 days before it is due and i will be going on 1 the day before or can i give is before the dewe date.:infl_thumbs_up:

You have to upload the map (click the Go Advanced button below the post box thing).

And no you cannot submit it after the deadline. That's what the deadline is for. You can, however submit it before the deadline.

Last edited:
Level 4
And no you cannot submit it after the deadline. That's what the deadline is for. You can, however submit it before the deadline.

If it's me you're replying to; didn't mean that we would submit it after deadline, just that we'd try to get finished before deadline. If we won't be, we'd obviously not enter. Just that we got way too many ideas, so we have to eliminate some. S'what take time, y'know?

Level 4
Well, it appears my partner (ForrestElmp) has ditched me for someone else...So please replace ForrestElmp with my new partner (TSMC-S_GilmouR) And we dont yet have a map name, so remove Dungeon Gladiators =\

Level 7
I Need a Partner! Someone that is good with triggers, I can do the Terrain and other stuff

Level 2
You mean you and yourself? :/

Sorry :cry:
Here's the thing:
One day ago(when i posted my post^^) eWs.SGMM my IRL friend told me about this contest and we have worked before on maps so he asked me if we could work and in school(We are only 15) we registrered on the hive and he thought that he were posting from his account =/

Sorry for the trouble Pyritie and everyone else!

So can you add eWs.Azure and eWs.SGMM as a pair, mapname is undecided.

Thanks for understanding,, I hope :p

Level 8
Sorry but i lost my map my laptop got stolen and my frend whent on holiday for a week and he never got the map sorry but i have to pull out unlsee some one whats to continue with me i have a 50 pacent compleated map what was on my other computer that is all and my partner can't make it becouse he lost his intanet becouse his parents stopd paying.

Level 34
I think redscores and myself are in. Making a Hero Defense hopefully (waiting for confirmation). Map name undecided.

Level 10
I started making a map about a week after this contest started and didn't know of it and now I see it and really wanna join. Can I if: I did start the map after the contest started without a partner on the requested theme (Hero Arena)? Cause I'd really love to.

Please pm me if I am still allowed to join the contest.
If anyone wants to be my Partner (and if i can still join) pm me.

Here is a bit information about the map:
Name: Advanced Wars
Type: PvP Hero Arena
Theme: Modern Warfare in Arctic Tileset
Description: 2 Teams battle it out in several Arenas. Pick from a class, get your team ready and go! Battle in different Arenas ranging from Deathmatch over Gun Control to Capture The Flag to win. Teamwork is the key!

At the moment I've only created 6 classes, 20 items, 3 arenas and the game can be played but needs a lot of refining. So If you wanna join me pm me!

Level 24
Ok thanks for the delay everyone, I've been away for the last week.

Bob27, while talking about this on chat I discovered you have not clearly defined what a "hero" is. As it can be interpreted literly meaning the main "good guy" of a story or in the WC3/gaming terms as an object that can level up and by doing so increases in power.

The reason this has to be defined is people like pyritie are pushing it to its limate by using what can only be described in WC3 terms as a "unit" (no leveling up or increasing in power) rather than a "hero". This may cause some unexpected map submissions unless it is cleared up.

Anyway good luck with the compitition.

Ok well I would say the heroes have to have at least 3 abilities, must have some way of being able to improve itself (doesn't have to be leveling up), and it has to be an actual hero unit type.

It's a hero. Hero is like a unit type. Just because it has the power to level up doesn't mean you have to make it level up.

Yea it doesn't have to level it up, but you should add some way of the hero being able to improve itself.

Aw damn.Do we have to get a partner?Or is it possible to do the map ourselves?

Yes you will have to be in a pair to enter this contest.

Me and eWs.Azure, that means:

User 1: eWs.SGMM
User 2: eWs.Azure

Map Name: Unknown atm
Type: AOS

:) :)

Sorry :cry:
Here's the thing:
One day ago(when i posted my post^^) eWs.SGMM my IRL friend told me about this contest and we have worked before on maps so he asked me if we could work and in school(We are only 15) we registrered on the hive and he thought that he were posting from his account =/

Sorry for the trouble Pyritie and everyone else!

So can you add eWs.Azure and eWs.SGMM as a pair, mapname is undecided.

Thanks for understanding,, I hope :p

Well I need to know that you are two different people, so you will need to try and prove it. Maybe try making a post each at the same time, when your at home.

k um yea i whana say i am out i couldn't find a new partner so remove me and Fibian sob. Dam i hate this. Also i am wondering if i can start my own map making contest where i am the juge and i deside what tipe of map there is to make.

You will need to make a post in the Contest Submission forum then.

Level 24
Do the abilities themselves have to be improved or can it be other things like increasing jump distance or portal creation speed, for example?

Basiclly as long as the hero itself can improve itself it should be fine, so since i'm pretty sure your map focuses on these portals, then it should be fine to be able to improve on jump distance and creation speed.

Yes, me and Gilles join, i will talk with him when he gets on next time.

Ok Added you to the contestants list.

hey ill join, my lil brother and i will join the contest. Sign us up ^_^ xXkyXx + SofaKingGood Vorpal Arena

Sorry, but I would prefer that family pairs did not enter the contest, as it is to hard to figure out whether or not it is a pair or just a single person.

Status
Not open for further replies.