• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Mapping Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm pulling out of the competition so that I can work on my own project, but I didn't have a partner anyway, so everything is fine.

Level 24
Ok well haven't gotten screenshots from many of the maps. So if you haven't posted screenshots yet, then post some!

And if you want to find a Partner, there are heaps of people who have posted in this thread ask for a partner, but haven't got one yet. So have a look, find someone who doesn't have one and give them a pm.

Level 4
Hi, me and doc are almost done with City Of Drugs so u might just quit the contest now if u dont want to be embarrassed :grin:

(just a joke, looking forward to see other maps)

I had to revamp Armageddon...
The BIG map in its entirety would only be good for a big melee map.

I'm rebuilding it town by town,currently fixing up the second towns glitches and the first towns ending cinematic,there'll be ALOT more detail in the last few maps (I.E:Battling the other-world bosses(All 25 of them(Each vulnerable to something).

The third town'll be REALLY detailed compared to the last two,mostly cause its elven,but also cause elves are notoriously bitchy clean freaks.I hate Elves...:sad:

Look at most all Elf maps and tell me i'm wrong.You know i'm right.

Level 19
Hmm... This is a very difficult submission to complete...

What do you guys think?:

Storyline:

In the vast universe of Starcraft, there are many objectives to complete. You may choose from 3, unique, completely balanced and designed races. Including the: Terran, Zerg, and Protoss.

The Gameplay (so far):

There are 12 planets to explore, fly to, devour, etc. Each planet has it's own unique creatures. Certain races inhabit certain planets, and only units of the same race may communicate with eachother. It is Singleplayer, but there are certain codes to use to communicate with anything from Overlords to Zealots!

The 12 planets are not featured or even mentioned in the Starcraft game. This RPG is stationed in a unique, and fairly new civilization being conquered by the three unique and choosable races.

PLANETS:

Yan'vabarian:
Race: Protoss
Size: Large
Details: This planet, no matter how sacred or vast, is very open to new mercenaries and space explorers alike. Any inhabitants left unknown on Yan'vabarian, are likely tenacious and crude, which is what makes this planet in desperate need of help against this natural-hostile threat.
Start-off planet for the Protoss.

Windar:
Race:
Size: Small
Details: Windar is a small, yet very well established military-based planet, and is ruled under very strict rules by it's Leader, William Travels. If any law is broken, the offender will be sent straight to a prison sector (constantly under attack by Zerg invaders), where you may get out only by joining a military strike force.
Start-off planet for the Terran.

Tix:
Race: Zerg
Size: Small
Details: The Zerg colonized this planet for it's nearly infinite supply of vespene gas. It's inhabitants include all types of wild-life, and a large Terran base, which is kept unbroken to continue an on-going infectious Zerg experiment to breed new warriors for the Overmind.
Tix is the start-off planet for the Zerg.

Those are all of the planets I'm giving away so far, but, the races and classes will be explained shortly.

Level 10
Melkor, lol, who said anything about kael? Magic? 0% so far. Right, i used kaels model, but think of it as his twin brother that knows nothing about magic

Scyth-Master, did u knew that u could create a new topic telling about your game here on hive. Go to Map Development. If u havent noticed some maps as "One Spooky Night at the Mansion" or "City Of Drugs" already have a direct link to other pages from the 1st page of the contest.
Its much easier to update or follow the map progress for other users. Also wouldnt hirt if u posted some screenshots.
Must of been hell a lot of work to create 12 planets and 3 races in 1 month

y'know,Pepper,I'm not afraid of anything,I just want to keep my project a bit of a secret,and I don't really have the time to make some submitting mistake,I just want Bob to look over a map.Theres also the problem of my other computer crashing,and the complications with single maps,and that I can't do a single large map,so i'm gonna try making a campaign out of it,if thats alright.
Screenshot of the champions or the beginning of one of the maps'll be up as soon as I get my computer up again!

P.S:
I still hate most of you.:grin:

Edit:I would've totally made a map about Jews but I can't find any models with the funny hat...I want a funny hat...

P.S:
I still hate you people.

Last edited:
Level 10
Here are more screenshots from COD

Attachments

• helmet2.JPG
    helmet2.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 87
  • Weapons.jpg
    Weapons.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Level 19
Melkor, lol, who said anything about kael? Magic? 0% so far. Right, i used kaels model, but think of it as his twin brother that knows nothing about magic

Scyth-Master, did u knew that u could create a new topic telling about your game here on hive. Go to Map Development. If u havent noticed some maps as "One Spooky Night at the Mansion" or "City Of Drugs" already have a direct link to other pages from the 1st page of the contest.
Its much easier to update or follow the map progress for other users. Also wouldnt hirt if u posted some screenshots.
Must of been hell a lot of work to create 12 planets and 3 races in 1 month

Yeah I know, I asked what you thought of that small portion of the project because that's all that I'm revealing. And why would you make a topic in Map Development for an unfinished contest entry? I've been here for a good 3 years, I know a lot about topics, posts, and grammar, if I wanted to create a topic in map development (even though I never would anyway), it would be full of spam because I have no screenshots that may be revealed, and the race classes are unfinished. BTW, thanks anyway, now what do you think of the idea-of-gameplay so far?

Level 7
Bob27, please change the name of our map (currently labeled as Heavenbound) to Heaven Bound. At first we were unsure about the proper name but we've decided upon that. Ty.

Overview of map:
We arent working very fast on this map since we are both working on different maps as well (him 2 others and me 1 other). However, we have done a big change in the gameplay by changing it from 6x8 squares to 9x9 squares. Camera is now above it all (not side-view) there are over 12 models to choose from and 14 (out of 25) trials. We have also included an -infinite lives mode for people to try out and practice. We try to keep the trials as cool as possible and some are verrrrrrry hard where the -infinite lives comes in, haha. Anyways mo screenshots yet but i'll try and bring some in my next post.

Level 10
You are realy one anoying little dude...
I know, i know, you have said it yourself:
i ask all my friends about policemans on a map and they laugh at me
Everyone is laughing at you because you are not that smart, we know that. Also, its probobly useless to explain anything to you or get a decent answer, but i will still try:
Dude, you cant just say "omfg, u cant use kael in modern maps, omfg" or as u did in other topics "its not good, try harder".
This is not critisizm, its spam, even if your friends are laughing at you, you dont make the point.
And why cant i use kael as a citizen? He looks human, he talks human, his dress is human, what do u want more?
Anyway, stop saying: "u cant use him" unless you have a very good argument

Level 7
Bob27, this will be our map name now.. Please register these:

Contestants: jonadrian619 & Diablo-dk
Mapname: Insurrection

I've got a few questions:

1) Can I use Imports made by mine to make the map cooler (like my systems, Map Previews, Loading Screens, textures for the Game Interface, and others)??
I've already put my own imports in my map, to make it cooler.

2) Can the map be released after this contest, like the Pirate Tag map, so that I could host it in THW and Wc3Campaigns?
I'm planning that 100%.

Level 24
Ok,Bob27 u better delete my name and DeadlySheep_1's name from the list because i think he lied at me.

Good Luck to all map makers!

Ok done.

Hey Bob, can i create my own Models and put it in my map? Another thing i try to post an Screen Shot of my map and nothing happens.

Yes, you can create your own models. And as for the screenshot problem, I can't really help you unless you give me some more detail of what the problem is.

Bob27, this will be our map name now.. Please register these:

Contestants: jonadrian619 & Diablo-dk
Mapname: Insurrection

I've got a few questions:

1) Can I use Imports made by mine to make the map cooler (like my systems, Map Previews, Loading Screens, textures for the Game Interface, and others)??
I've already put my own imports in my map, to make it cooler.

2) Can the map be released after this contest, like the Pirate Tag map, so that I could host it in THW and Wc3Campaigns?
I'm planning that 100%.

1) Yes that should be fine, as long as the map itself hasn't been started before the Contest.

2) Well that will be a bit difficult, since some of the score is decided by a public vote. If you really didn't want to release it yet though, you could not release the map to the public, its just that you wouldn't really get the few extra points from the poll, because people can't really test the map. However since most of the score is made up by the judges, it should be fine.

Level 7
Umm. Bob27 There are 2 jonadrian619 and Diablo-DK in the Contestants area of the thread. Please fix it..

Our map is doing just fine..

Anyway. Thanks for the heads-up. I need to save some time for some projects that I'll make, also my school cheering this week, then I'll proceed once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.