1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

{OLD} Wc3:WoW Discussion

Discussion in 'Warcraft 3: World of Warcraft' started by Craka_J, Jun 26, 2007.

?

What should the Wc3:WoW Team focus on most?

1. Terrain: Landscapes, Cityscapes, making all surroundings as similar to WoW as possible.

20.9%
  2. Characters visuality: Visible equipped weapons and armor, physical features such as beards or hair-s

17.9%
  3. Class balancing: Make all classes as balanced as possible, to make PvP much more competitive.

6.8%
  4. PvE: Quests, Mobs, Instances/Dungeons, etc.

16.3%
  5. The Website: Make the website have a more Warcrafty style, add more information about Wc3:WoW's prog

0.8%
  6. Cool WoW-Like Features: Auction House, Inventory system, Battlegrounds, Talent Tree system, Party/Ra

18.6%
  7. Fix it: Fix as many bugs as humanly possible before proceeding to progress on another part of the pr

6.1%
  8. Beta Teams: Make the Closed Beta team a bit larger. Focus on their suggestions and consider their id

1.5%
  9. Ventrilo/Chatrooming: Get a ventrilo server for fans to get a chance to gather and talk to the Wc3:W

0.9%
  10. Advertisement: Focus strongly on advertising Wc3:WoW on YouTube vidoes, Battle Net, etc. and release

2.7%
  11. PvP: Make Player VS Player/Bot more entertaining, balanced, and skill-based.

7.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very useful. Thanks!

Oh and I will start assigning our modelers to work now.

~Craka_J

2. Rhollu

Rhollu

Resources:
    Resources:
  3. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Heh. If I had a nickel everytime someone sent me an incomplete BETA application, I'd be more rich than Bill Gates. :\

~Craka_J

4. Ur1z13L

Ur1z13L

Resources:
    Resources:
    When are you gona release the open beta cus you know i sent an email and me wants to see it :grin:

5. mokkil123

mokkil123

Resources:
    Resources:
    OMG, stop asking for the god damn open beta for god sake read the news on there website, they dont know the release date on the open beta yet

6. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Stormwind Is Being Made

Are you a fan of the Alliance? Do you like the noble human's capitol city, Stormwind? Well then you're about to become even more starving for more screenshots! Today, I've begun the creation of Stormwind's terrain starting with the entrance and the Trade District. The two areas are nearly complete - still lacking some models that will fit better in the map - and there will be more to show off tomorrow as well. This whole week I plan on spending my spare time on Stormwind. When can you expect to see the screenshots of Stormwind? Most likely some time later on tonight or very, very early tomorrow. I will release at least one new screenshot, if one is all I show, you can expect more tomorrow.

The next area I plan on working on when I feel that the Trade District is complete is the Canals and either the Old Town or Dwarven District area of Stormwind. Will I add the Stormwind instance? Very doubtful to happen some time soon. Sorry!

~Craka_J

7. Freiddie

Freiddie

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sounds cool! Keep up the good work.

8. Skudgemuffin

Skudgemuffin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Epic awesome.

9. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Damn.... Too bad I disturbed him with a cool video which is approx 1.5 hours long while he was working on Stormwind. Anyway I hope he finishes it soon.
    The movie called Tales of the Past III with more than 3 million downloads worldwide(It's kinda hard to keep track on all downloads).

10. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, lol. I'm having a technical difficulty with the World Editor: The custom tiles won't show in the editor! And since its not playable, can't even get in-game screenies (tiles work in-game)

So until I fix this - which will hopefully be soon! - there will be a slight delay on the release of a screenshot. But don't feel bummed, this gives me more time to work and increase the amount of screenshots I will be able to show off. :wink:

If any of you guys know why the custom tiles show in-game but not in the editor, please provide a solution if you can. Much thanks and a +Rep to those who succeed in helping. :p

[EDIT]
    By the way, this video is nuts. Really well made and... just awesome. I definitely recommend it.

~Craka_J

11. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lol... Anyway do you try to restart the editor? I'm sometimes experiencing that the imported files get fucked up but when restarting the WE it should work nicely.

12. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah. Did it several times actually. To be honest, they all worked a while ago. But now they don't. What is the filepath to the "Brick" tile in the Dalaran tileset? I have a feeling I put the wrong path.

~Craka_J

13. Huurka

Huurka

Resources:
    Resources:
    Make funny easter-eggs too :D

14. Skudgemuffin

Skudgemuffin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I believe it is TerrainArt\Dalaran\Dalaran_BrickTiles.blp

15. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Crake_J has created another topic about this issue and if I remember correctly he did got an answer.
    Hm.. I've never really thought about tile paths before.

16. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh don't worry. After we've fixed an arsenal of bugs, I will begin adding little easter eggs in Wc3:WoW.

~Craka_J

17. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Craka, go to File > Prefereences > Video > Texture quality > set to low > press OK
    then do everythig again but set it to HIGH. it should fix it.

18. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Does this also fix textures on buildings and units as well? Just curious.

~Craka_J

19. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  20. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Awesome. Thanks!

I haven't worked on Stormwind that much today. Got bored of it easily and I am in a bit of a problematic situation: I need a few more doodad models to help decorate the city accurately and I also will soon need a modeler/skinner to make more units for the mod.

But I haven't stopped on Wc3:WoW that easily... I'll be working on some other stuff as well such as Durotar and Muglore.

~Craka_J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.