1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Project Discussion

Discussion in 'Apocalypse' started by Craka_J, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    In this thread, you can ask questions about Apocalypse, leave us with compliments, complaints, and other commentary regarding Apocalypse. Please try to keep this thread, along with all others, on topic. Thank you!

~Craka_J; Leader of the Apocalypse Development Team.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  2. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I see you got the forum up Craka, about time... I mean, that's good :p

Should I create a few threads aswell?

3. Punisher_x

Punisher_x

Resources:
    Resources:
    Umm feel free to make your own moddb page and also i think we should get new names. Cuz 2 apocalypse projects are kinda confusing.

4. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Ragingspeedhorn: Yeah, you can create threads of your own as well. :smile:

@Punisher_X: Which one of us will change our projects name? Us or you?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  5. Punisher_x

Punisher_x

Resources:
    Resources:
    You being a break off of my original :p

6. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just to let you all know, there is a thread titled "What is Apocalypse?" which contains a lot of valuable and interesting information such as screenshots, brief description, credits, list of some features which will be included in the game, and I think there is also a work-in-progress background story to the Apocalypse as well... there's only one way to find out.

Check it out here! Now!

7. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This forum needs an icon :3

8. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think Ragingspeedhorn is going to make it. If not, we'll have to ask someone to contribute a 40x40 icon for Apocalypse with WarCraft button borders.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  9. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What do you want it to look like.

10. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    A bloody skull icon, sort of like the Gears of War logo, would be really cool. :smile:

11. Jaakko

Jaakko

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have no idea how you are able to do a Gravity gun or to make bullets stop when they collide with wall etc. and I don't need to know but those will be the first things I want to experience.

12. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's a hard system to make and takes a long time to make too. Once we've successfully added it, we'll announce our progress. :smile:

13. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yesterday, Punisher_X had confirmed that he has either put his version of Apocalypse on hold or had stopped working on it all together. This is a bit of an advantage for us since now we have less competition, we don't have to change our project's name, and best of all, Punisher_X has agreed to join our Apocalypse Developement Team for at least a temporary amount of time. What skills of his will he be using to contribute work for Apocalypse? Well, he has agreed to work under my command and keep me as leader and terrainer of the project, so there's no arguement on that. But also, he will doing a bit of everything. He might help polish the terrain a bit more and work with triggers as well, but as of now, he is mainly probably going to be working with unit statistics, item properties, and other GUI related things.

I've decided to work on the storyline of Apocalypse a bit more, since not only is it a bit... amaturely made, but also because of a sudden burst of inspiration I've gotten from other maps. I'm planning the storyline a bit more before I actually update and announce the changes with the story, but I promise for sure that once the story is done and when I think it is ready to be recognized, I will announce it.

14. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Shouldn't Punisher_X also be helping with modelling and skinning? I am sure he has some new cool models with him from his other project that we could use.

15. Punisher_x

Punisher_x

Resources:
    Resources:
    On the Real side. I just added the tank and bomber models to your list becuasse you guys didn't have them before and also I contrbuted my UI which is another 500kb -1000 kb. So with the map already being 5000kb there is no real need for any more models. I will however toss some of your useless model/ replace models and just do an overall tweak to the imports unless Craka plans on useing my map which would be good becuse i've managed to keep the imports low.

16. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    punisher, it would be good if you could shrink some of the large stuff, but remember the 5k size is with none of the models or textures un-shrinked in any way so there could be taken a lot kb's away as it is atm.

17. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not really sure if the tank and bomber plane would be needed in our version. It'd kind of make players over-powered, in reality at least. The custom user-interface is a good addition though.

I think we should start squishing all of our models now and try to reduce the filesize as much as possible. Reduce it enough so it can at least be playable on BNet and on LAN.

~Craka_J

18. Punisher_x

Punisher_x

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol that wont be any time soon. Keep Dreaming. Only about 10% of the systems are up. Theres nothing to play yet just shoot zombies. We need more jassers if anything is to move. That should be priority one. But has the decision on which map been decided?

19. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I want to stick with mine. Why? Because of the following:
    • It is a lot more complete than yours and is almost done.
    • I and Ragingspeedhorn spent a lot of time on it. Would hate to put it to waste.
    • Gameplay-wise, it is better. (Life-sized doodads may aggrovate players sometimes)
    • I may be wrong, but I think ours has more triggers.

Things like this. I know it may make you frustrated that I did not choose yours, but I really don't want to throw away what I've been working on for months. Hope you can understand that too.

~Craka_J

20. Punisher_x

Punisher_x

Resources:
    Resources:
    1) My terrain is built more towards gameplay. The sizing has nothing to do with it. If you remember your terrain came from my the old terrain i did but it sucked so we started over. So you built off the crappy terrain i had started (Sorry to Say).

2) Myself and Desmasic put many hours into our my terrain

3) The quality is alot better

4) My terrain is untriggered but that would take less than 20 minutes to change. Lol

Yes u might have more done but thats because the quality of the terrain you did is not the same as the quality of mine. Me and Desmasic spent way more time doing our terrain than you. I had to actully go back and redo most of it because of some issues with the sizing.