• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Any Good/Cool Ideas/Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Wc3:WoW is going to focus strongly on recreating everything that makes World of Warcraft great and what it is. However, World of Warcraft has flaws and we all know it. There's a lot that could be added to it to make it better too. If you have any suggestions or ideas that you think would be good for Wc3:WoW to add that World of Warcraft might not have, please feel free to post it here!

Suggestions you can provide can range from what is in WoW that you don't want in Wc3:WoW, to reminding us of cool features WoW has that you think we might miss. And of course, you can suggest we use certain ideas.

Now that this thread exists, there is no reason why you should create your own thread about an idea you have for Wc3:WoW.

Level 12
Well how about making a custom interface for the game like a whole new look that matches WoW maybe even new command buttons and custom cooldown ui's which will all be made a lot easier since new map size is 8mb instead of just 4mb :thumbs_up:

Level 8
haha oh your unlucky I found this thread.

1.Custom battle grounds in each contested area or in specific... Something along the lines of old warcraft 1-3 RTS game play, that you must protect AI that collect gold and or lumber and you must stop the other team from collecting there gold/lumber. The reward could be an experience gain, reputation, etc, etc probably something that isn't permanent so you have to keep doing it.

2. Having a large call for help range for similar mobs like defais aggroing defais and not some random boar. This is so that you need atleast 10 people to just go around and do quests with so that you can actually live when marching into a town full of enemies.

3. Spreading out and making animals more realistic so that there isn't just 100 tigers in 1 area randomly moving in a 10 yard radius, but instead make it so that there is 30 tigers that are in dens or hunting.

4. 180% creep point of view, so that if you run behind a mob they will not attack you but if they happen to turn around you obviously get in a fight. You may want to include that you can around them 360% but not as far away as the 180% would agro.

5. (This is a bad one changes game values largely) The other day playing wow I had rez sickness and realized that the game could have been totally played with this debuff but not as a debuff but permanently lowering everything to make it twice as hard. And if the values of everything where decrease 50% to 75% this would leave so much more room for expansion to endgame + pvp(content & gear). The less variation in the amount of damage you can do and take allows for more and better gear, say like from Tier 1 to 10 that would have been obtainable in prebc and Teir 1 wouldn't have been that far off from Teir 3, etc, etc.

My suggestion is that you pimp out this project. There is plenty of private servers out there for people that want wow, not many that offer the 1.12.1 experience but there is a few out there and they are quite buggy or not real 1.12.1 servers. But if people want an authentic 1.12.1 experience they should find a private server that offers that in the actually game. Blizzard never took Warcraft where it should have went, I think you guys should totally make Warcraft RTS and Warcraft RPG make babies!

Last edited:
Level 6
Well, I would say make the expansions, but I know that your not gonna do that.

Lets see now...

1. Make the battlegrounds like WoW. Make ally vs Horde AIs that trying to capture the lumber mill, gold mine, farm, etc...

2. Casting bars would be really cool.

3. Are we planning to have weather? Like raining, etc?
Eventually I will think of others :p

Last edited:
Level 8
#1 Making it more zoned into pre bc WoW (Since this is what it is based on) Such as...
[A]Mounts of other races purchased after exalted is earned.
PVP rewards based on rank/marks.
[C] Pvp queue giving the game a couple of mins to set up the map/zone for pvping letting us quest/duel/grind until it is up.
[D] Resist gear working properly, reducing the damage and giving a chance to negate (resist) the damage.
[E] When raids come out attuning required to get in maybe?
[F] Gurubashi arena swarm lol and STV Fishing fun =)

#2 Hopefully making it so that we can have every class spell up to rank 10 and up. (opening a spell book and putting what we want on our bar/bars)

#3 Easter eggs, Easter eggs.

Level 25
CHA_Owner: Wc3:WoW is a campaign, not a map. Meaning, it is single player and has over 20 playable maps in it. Its current filesize slightly exceeds 70mb.
We can't alter the User Interface to an extent that you cannot see it. We also cannot resize or rearrange it; the WarCraft III engine simply does not allow it. However, we will be retexturing the entire User Interface eventually to fit the World of Warcraft theme.

Aschy:
  1. Not too bad of an idea. Perhaps we could turn this into a "Savage 2" type of mode. I recommend you try out the free game Savage 2 to understand what I mean.
  2. Isn't necessarily as easy as it sounds and I'm not sure if such a system is necessary. I'll think it over though.
  3. I thought the same thing, but I believe Blizzard did what they did not for the sake of reality, but it was for the sake of balancing areas and making it easy to know where to go to. The game requires you to look for enough, it would only be piling on top of that if we were to make mobs rarer and fewer and placed in different/random areas. I think I'm gonna have to shoot this one down.
  4. We'll see. :wink:
  5. Sounds too major of a change for Wc3:WoW to take on.

I don't think we'll ever make Wc3:WoW an RTS, but I really love S2's concept for Savage 2 (RTS/FPS) and even I was thinking of adding a custom battleground like this... however, Arathi Basin and Warsong Gulch come first. Lucky for you, 'pimping' out this project is on the agenda!

Oohforf:
  1. It's already on our private "To Do List". So definitely adding this.
  2. Will try very hard to get this into version 2.0.
Take your time thinking of ideas. No need to rush it. It takes patience and hard thoughts to come up with golden ideas... and creativity too of course.

Yabooer:
  • When mounting is added, you'll be able to purchase an Skeletal Horse, even if you're an Orc. But you'll most likely require Exalted reputation with a faction in order to do so.
  • PvP rewards won't be in 2.0 most likely, but you'll be able to purchase items via Honor points and marks. Not sure if I really want to incorporate PvP ranks too in the mod at all.
  • PvP queue time is actually something I didn't even think of... to make it realistic, we'll probably have a timer that chooses a random time between 0:01 to 5:00.
  • We'll have this eventually, but may take a while to get correctly.
  • Definite a great idea for the AI of bots! There will be guilds owned by bots and some will be PvE guilds which could only be asking for assistance of bots/player with 'proper gear'. Nice suggestion!
  • When we add Stranglethorn Vale, you can definitely expect the Gurubashi Arena being swarmed every now and then. Fishing events... we'll see. We aren't adding any professions in version 2.0.
  1. It may be possible to do. There's a hosted project on the Hive that has its own Action Bar that allows the player to customize which spells they have on the bar and how they're setup. We'll look into it, thanks.
  2. Oh, there will be!

Level 8
Oh, my bad I thought we were just adding suggestions not for the version that is being released.

Level 6
How about when we are creating a new character, the person can make up the name? Like on WoW?

Level 8
Thinking of things, It would be nice to add.

Customizable heroes, Hair style, Beards etc

Highly recommend that we release first aid in the release, not all the way up to mageweave and runecloth and what not, just so we can speed up combat etc. Shouldn't take too long to do

Pausing in battlegrounds doesn't pause making it more realistic, if paused or in menu your character will still be able to get attacked.

If specs are added then in PVP don't have some PVE spec charc in there because people who PVP are specced for it usually, but in world PVP let PVE specs be roaming around.

In battlegrounds put a random on twinks in the battleground such as 1 horde twink 2 alliance vice versa, or twink guilds that might enter together (full team of them) on either side (Twinks have very great AI and know what they are doing)

Marks be won after BGs letting us grab some lowbie PVP gear from the WSG/AB vendors, Requiring ranks (IE: GM) and Rep (IE: Exalted making it cost less and opening more items to be available towards you)

If logging off in a BG (Something important comes up) Counts as a loss/forfeit and thrown into the city you signed up at, when logging back in Deserter buff making you have to wait to reenter.

Rares are a MUST for the loot they drop =)

Maybe add the Elite gold dragon around a mobs head & a Elite gray dragon for rares and of course no dragon for regular mobs.

w0kxup.jpg

A hunter is nothing if he cannot tame his own pet. Each pet has different stats rares having the most, Bears are tankers, Cats/raptors are dpsers blah blah blah.

Hunters can train their pets giving them attacks they would like from other pets they have tamed.

Pet's can get resistance as well

Pet bar to set to passive/aggresive/defensive letting us also send in use spells of them etc...

Pet stable allowing us to have multiple pets.

Level 25
Oohforf: We will definitely try to add this. Hopefully it isn't as complicated as I think it is to make it.

Yabooer:
  1. Hair style, skin tone, facial hair, etc. are features we might actually try to bring into 2.0.
  2. Although we don't plan on working on any professions, first aid sounds rather reasonable since it isn't really that complicated like the other professions.
  3. I'm not sure if we can outlaw pausing. But if we can, we'll definitely give it a shot!
  4. Talents will be added, but unsure if we can squeeze it into 2.0. We might have to regardless though. Not everyone battlegrounds will be setup for PvP so well; Example: a lower level guy in a battleground might be using PvE spec and the higher level ones or twinks have PvP specs.
  5. Oh yeah, there will be twinks for sure. Making them powerful isn't the difficult part, it's making them smart! But AI is one of the hugest things I'd like to focus on in Wc3:WoW, so time can only tell when the AI is great enough.
  6. We have plans for this. Probably not for 2.0, but marks, honor, and possibly even rank will be used to purchase PvP items. Oh and to help answer a question that may pop up later, marks will not be items like they were in the original WoW, they'll be more of a currency like in today's WoW.
  7. Doubt this will be hard to implement. So yeah, will add it. :wink:
  8. Of course!
  9. Impossible to alter the User Interface like that in-game. However, we may put small character profile images like in WoW at the top left of the screen which will show off level, health, mana, and possibly the mob name too.
  10. This is a bit of a complicated process since you need to store pets in stables sometimes and all that, which is why we might not include Hunters in the initial release. But we'll try!
  11. We will try to add this, although adding spells will be different than it was in WoW. You'll have to go to a stable for example to check what pet spells are available and pretty much buy (for free, since they're already discovered) them for your pet. Purchasing pet abilities will replace other spells to make room. This is just a rough guess of how we'll do it though. Don't go crazy just yet!
  12. Hopefully we can add this. Should be doable once the player and bots can get resistance though.
  13. Of course!
  14. Will try our best to add this!
Thanks for the suggestions and ideas!

Level 6
instead of adding mana to all classes, how about you add energy to Warriors and Rogues, etc. And of course runic power for dks.

Level 25
instead of adding mana to all classes, how about you add energy to Warriors and Rogues, etc. And of course runic power for dks.

We can't change the color of the mana from blue to yellow or red like we'd want to for specific classes, but Rogues and Warriors will have their own way of using Energy and Rage which works like in WoW.

Rogues have 100 energy and it regenerates quickly. Warriors have 100 rage which degenerates over time but regenerates when the Warrior deals damage with normal attacks or receives damage; can also regenerate a bit of rage with certain spells and potions.

Death Knights will never be added... ever.

Level 6
How about for the time being, we add the Looking for group chat? Its like:

Me: LFM for Ragefire Chasm!
AI Bot: May I please join?

OR

Me: LFG for Ragefire Chasm!
AI Bot: Would you like to join me?

Level 8
Well ATM if it still the same system as before, you just click on them and a message will pop up asking if you want to invite them. They can decline sometimes or accept, if they accept they will follow you around and pve/pvp (World PVP) with you.

Level 25
Hopefully we can do something like this (not in 2.0 unfortunately) now that we'll be using pre-made bots where you can /who or whatever and find bots in other zones and ask around. Some will be interested, others won't be. In 2.0, the only bots we expect to be able to interact with you are the ones in the same zone/map as you.

Level 6
How about a dueling system? We can use that flag from where the units spawn when you create units from Barracks, etc. It would be cool to see alliance dueling outside SW ,and hordies outside org :D.

Level 25
It's on our To Do List. Not sure if we will be able to include it in 2.0, but I think we may push for it since that would totally feel more like WoW. And yes, duels will almost always be outside of Orgrimmar... and if a 40 man raid of Alliance happens to come, those duelies are going to get steamrolled, as will Orgrimmar probably. :grin:

We haven't worked on any of that yet though. Right now, it's just in idea format. lol

Level 25
WoW Allstars has a lot of WoW model exports. Something we aren't going to do since it would increase the size of Wc3:WoW by a lot and we are currently trying to respect all of Hive Workshop's rules, as well as Blizzard Entertainment's rules. However... some day we may consider doing another revamp with WoW models and textures... but that won't happen for a long time. :smile:

Level 6
Are you going to add the new class combinations coming with Cataclysm? I don't really see any problems with that.

Human Hunter - the first hunters we have ever seen ever were humans, so yeah
Orc Mage - Orcs have expertise with magic
Night Elf Mage - The highbourne have been making appearences, and have convinced Tyrande to put their beliefs aside, and combat deathwing
Dwarf Shaman - Mountain kings, etc
Dwarf Mage - No problems with that one, really.
Undead Hunter - humans -> undead.
Tauren Paladin - The sun is one of the things that the tauren worship.
Tauren Priest - See: Paladin
Gnome Priest - Gnomes have a lot of intellect (mages, warlocks
Troll Druid - ....yeah...

Level 8
I don't think that this should be added, Basic WoW should be how you keep it.
Pallys for Alliance and Shamans for Horde (You OP sons of bitches)

I would also like to make Shamans in This mod pretty OP because that is how they were. Also fun to pvp against was a real accomplishment to kill them haha.

Hearthstone's most likely are going to be added but just in case.

Racial abilities hopefully.

Stacking dots/poisons (Serpent sting + Deadly poison) working together.

Keep Poisons as a tradeskill.

And please,PLEASE, just read your sig and god no chuck norris jokes spamming IF/Org god... Such a terrible thing back then.

Level 25
There will be overpowered classes, I'm sure, but we'll try our best to make it all balanced. Something that won't be an easy task since there's a good variety of classes and some simply overwhelm others, rendering them "overpowered" in a sense when faced against such an opponent. But we'll do what we can. Shamans will definitely not be terrible at PvP. Our goal will be to make the classes fit for PvE and PvP. That way, every time you play, it'll be a challenge that requires skill every time you play. Though some classes will be fairly simple to play, such as Warriors, unlike more complicated classes such as Druids.

In order to master classes in Wc3:WoW, each with their own arsenal of spells at their disposal, we'll need to introduce things to make multitasking and micromanaging much easier for players. Things that may help are: spell bars, visual cooldowns, and an action bar to store some of the spells you'll be using quite frequently when playing. However, it'll take a very long time to get the gameplay to flow seamlessly and maintain balance within the classes. Although a company as huge as Blizzard Entertainment could not balance each and every class in their game completely, perhaps we can. Balancing the classes will call for a ton of playtesting, and when the BETA has gone public, we'll be listening to the community as to what their opinions are and advice regarding the spells and classes in the mod. Balancing isn't something easily done overnight and is, in fact, a very tedious process that involves playtesting, tons of feedback, sorting through the feedback and testing the ideas, etc.

I understand that classes such as Hunters and Warlocks are quite overpowered. They may remain that way for a long time, but we'll do the best we can to balance all classes, including the ones that were/are overpowered.

Level 6
I don't think that this should be added, Basic WoW should be how you keep it.
Pallys for Alliance and Shamans for Horde (You OP sons of bitches)

I would also like to make Shamans in This mod pretty OP because that is how they were. Also fun to pvp against was a real accomplishment to kill them haha.

Hearthstone's most likely are going to be added but just in case.

Racial abilities hopefully.

Stacking dots/poisons (Serpent sting + Deadly poison) working together.

Keep Poisons as a tradeskill.

And please,PLEASE, just read your sig and god no chuck norris jokes spamming IF/Org god... Such a terrible thing back then.

I think we should add the new class combinations, well, because some of them make sense. Some may not be good lore-wise, but yeah. Cataclysm is probably coming out sometime in November 2010, so you have a lot of time to think about that one, Craka.

Level 8
@ Oohforf: (I think we should add the new class combinations, well, because some of them make sense. Some may not be good lore-wise, but yeah. Cataclysm is probably coming out sometime in November 2010, so you have a lot of time to think about that one, Craka.)

Game is based on regular WoW lol not Cataclysm not Burning Crusade, not Wrath of the Lich King. And should keep everything the same IMO you are just going to break down a gate if you keep pushing on with this. Soon there will be kids going: Omg he added class/race combos lets get us horde pallys and ally shamans! Oh we should get now blood elfs and dranei now!. Just saying is all.

@ Niiika: take off that sig, Buckethead is a terrible guitarist just someone who tremolo picks scales (Any idiot can do that) Check out some Yngwie now he has soul. But everyone has their opinions such as people thinking rap is good music.

Most likely will be easy to implement but make spells require regreants (Pally spells) (Shammy spells)

Of course Stances/Aspects Etc... hopefully

Level 6
You know, you CAN quote o_O. You cannot really justify that kids will come and say that they want Blood elves and draenei o_O. This is IMO anyways. I think we should get the class combos. Nothing is wrong with them, even though it is from another expansion. NO WHERE in my post did I say that Wc3:WoW is based off the expansions. I really agree with the dwarven shammies, they are going to be really cool. It kinda brings back the wc3 feeling with the Mountain kings. Yeah, your gonna be able to use warhammers with the shammies :D.

P.S: Lol i hate rap also :p

Level 25
  • Hearthstones will eventually be added.

• Racial statistics and abilities will be added.

• Stacking certain items will eventually be added.

• Not sure about this one, though it seems right enough so we'll probably add that later.

• When bots can talk, you can expect Barrens Chat being the same as it was, along with the ridiculous chat in Trade Chat. This is only an idea as of right now and might not be added at all, but if bots are able to chat with you whenever, then this would come in too! Sorry! :grin: (I always enjoyed the stupidity of Barrens Chat and Trade Chat)

• The class combinations from Cataclysm probably won't be added. Certainly not now. Our top priority is to get the classes done for the appropriate races from the original. Then, we'll decide whether it's fit and in best interests to include Cataclysm's class combinations.

• There will be no separate map that can be played online. If you want a 5v5 pvp map, I at least strongly recommend playing Catze's "WoW Arena Allstars" map. It's the most accurate WoW PvP map I've played and some of the terrains are rather accurate. It's fun once you get good at it and learn good item cominations and so forth. However, it does not feature exploring the world of WarCraft and has no PvE whatsoever. It's strictly a PvP/Arena map.

Level 8
The old WoW Arena did have PVE but not with the very nice terraining we have now. There were not a lot of models in it but fun none the less.

But I digress from the topic at hand.

Hoping there will be the famous chain quests/elite quests (Hogger) (VC) and just alter that towards horde? I am not sure about horde too much never played them really.

Defiantly gotta get the Wanted posters in the game (Hogger)

Lvl 10 quests for sure as well, (Rogue's get poison after their lvl 10 quest.) (Shaman's get something?) (Hunter's get their pet) Etc...

Assuming you guy's are also keeping in the OLD epic mounts? Will we also get the same variety? (Not just one mount for 60%/100% colors added such as brown/black/white rams?)

Level 25
The old WoW Arena did have PVE but not with the very nice terraining we have now. There were not a lot of models in it but fun none the less.

But I digress from the topic at hand.

Hoping there will be the famous chain quests/elite quests (Hogger) (VC) and just alter that towards horde? I am not sure about horde too much never played them really.

Defiantly gotta get the Wanted posters in the game (Hogger)

Lvl 10 quests for sure as well, (Rogue's get poison after their lvl 10 quest.) (Shaman's get something?) (Hunter's get their pet) Etc...

Assuming you guy's are also keeping in the OLD epic mounts? Will we also get the same variety? (Not just one mount for 60%/100% colors added such as brown/black/white rams?)

Chain quests and elite quests will be added, since so much of WoW is just that anyway.

Yes, we'll also include wanted posters as well.

We will try to get quests from level 1-18 in zones Durotar, Mulgore, Orgrimmar, Thunder Bluff, and possibly The Barrens too. If we end up including Elwyn Forest, we'll obviously do our job with quests in Elwyn Forest, Stormwind, and Westfall.

Level 8
Seems you've skimmed the last part, I meant the class only level 10 quests. Will they be in the game?

Class only quests in general will they be implemented?

Level 25
Yeah... depends though, because we'd actually have to spend more time on it than you think for classes like Hunters, Druids, Rogues, Mages, and Paladins... Maybe some other class, but I can't think of it right now. But basically, we'd have to develop special little systems for each class's special thing like the Rogue's poisons or the Druid's shapeshift form quests or the Hunter's pet taming quest. Stuff like that.

We'll try hard to get all that we can in, but the other things will come after.

Level 3
What about the combat system to be more like in WoW, I have seen someone made almost similar one in Dark Invasion 2 RPG. Like when we attack, the character will swing/slash, it only hit anything in the area infront if it. Also to the skills and abilities.

Level 25
The combat system will be a pain. It was always an issue that in the third person camera, your character's A.I. is to attack any hostile near it, even if the target is behind your character. But to attack it, it will turn around to hit it. Can be very annoying because this makes the camera follow the back of your character, so if your character turns around, so does your camera. We'll be working on a way to make your character hit targets in front of it only, that way your camera doesn't get punished by the small annoyances of WarCraft's A.I.

The combat system for Wc3:WoW will be as similar to World of Warcraft as the WarCraft III engine allows us. We'll have the whole "Entering Combat" and "Leaving Combat" systems while also making sure attacking is also similar.

Level 8
Alright Craka here's one, I think you should implement a load/save code for online instances (Harder ones) and Battlegrounds? It could work out so we do get online capabilities, AV would be a big one that I think would be great online, WSG/AB. Just a simple map with maybe a couple of AI bots.

Maybe for WSG 3 players on each side and 2 bots? If there are too many horde loaders have the horde charc just loaded on the Alliance side (Orc race and everything) and allied. (I know that kind of kills it, but it would make it so there wouldn't be a switch to alliance. Also meaning once the winning team won they can just save their earned Badges from the match.)

Making PvP more enjoyable, more social, fulfilling peoples need for online play. Making raids more fun because they aren't all bots making it a bit more difficult (If they are new) or easier (the experienced players)

Having all the Battlegrounds only for 60's to stop people from loading high levels or low levels, or maybe a system that if the host sets the level to 30-39 anything items a level 60 loads will be taken out of the inventory if they aren't items for levels 30-39? Just throwing out a big idea here.

Also an Ironforge and Orgrimmar map as well, To trade/buy/sell with other players online and to buy enchantments? To host a map after collecting the mats for an item to be enchanted or crafted?

Not expecting this to happen just a suggestion.

Level 25
I like the idea, though it puts more work on Yixx. Maybe later we'll consider this, but for now all saving is done via GameCache.

When I'm done with Orgrimmar, I might make an Offensive/Defensive Orgrimmar raid map for multiplayer. Not promising anything since the filesize might be a pain, but it's an idea of mine that I'd like to pursue.

Level 8
Of course I meant for it to be future plans, it would just add more playability to this map. Making more fans, more fun, etc...

Level 11
The social aspect of WoW might be one of the biggest for players like me.
Trade Chat:
Level 10: LFG RFC
Level 60:Go level to 60, nub.
Level 10: Go play with your moms cock.
Level 602: Lol, burn.
I know it's gunna be near impossible to do this, but if it was added, it would attract tons of people.

Class Combinations MIGHT be a good idea, but not like Cataclysm is doing it. Instead of adding a bunch of random comboes, remove some and add some.
Remove Orc Warlock, orcs hate the thought of demonology, atleast in the horde.
Add Troll Druid, It kinda makes sense, when you think about it.
Remove Troll Mage, It's just kinda... gay... period.
Add Orc Mage, it kind of makes sense, it would be like another variation of shaman... kinda...
Just examples. I don't suggest doing those combos.

Level 25
I'm not sure if we'd incorporate a lot of harsh insults with Player-Bots. Though they'll probably cuss saying things like "What the fuck guys? L2Heal!" and get a response from another bot saying "QQ". After all, that is how conversations work in World of Warcraft. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.