• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

{Closed} Project Warsoc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Three questions:

~If this WC3:WOW is a CAMPAIGN MAP, then how will it go ONLINE?
~I've heard of PROJECT WARSOC... It says it is a KIND of SOFTWARE that allows you to go ONLINE in WC3:WOW... Do you have to DOWNLOAD the WARSOC so that you can PLAY ONLINE with WC3:WOW?
~And also if WARSOC has to be DOWNLOADED... where will you put this FILE on the WARCRAFT DIRECTORY or FILES?

I need to know?

Level 25
1. The project "Reinventing the Craft" plans on including a very large third party program called WarSoc which will enable the feature to make campaigns playable online with over twelve players.

2. Yes. You must download WarSoc when it is released and make sure that you are running the program in the background while playing Wc3:WoW. Not having the program running will just crash the game back to your desktop, most likely.

3. I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think it matters where you put it. You can leave it on your desktop if you wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.