• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wc3:WoW Discussion Thread 2

Level 25
Well, if you take the time to look at the first post on this page, you'll see that this WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne mod has been finally put to a complete stop. For real this time. I do mention that I may dabble with the terrain and whatever else I want in the mod, but it will never reach a full release.

Doesn't mean I quit Ardent Heroes RPG. In fact, the activity with that RPG has been a lot better lately than usual! Although my time nowadays is pretty limited.

Level 19
It will be completed, don't give up guys, please. It's really saddening to see great projects go to waste, please do continue it:)

Level 17
Foxy you don't seem to understand.
They can't finish it because they don't have someone with the qualified skills they need and dedication to the map to finish off the project.

Level 24
But if you're not gonna finish it cant you post what you got so far and we can see what you've done?

Level 18
Got to agree with everyone and i think if even said this before about the fact it will be doubtable this project will be ever finished cause of the fact your unable to find the proper people to do the job. Anyway as the other people said they waited ages for a beta and now see the project fall down imo the least you could do is put up a certain kind of beta or something to satisfy them. Hope that this did not sound offensive in any kind of way.

Level 24
It has been over 20 days since I posted that comment and not to be offensive but I dont think he cares about whatever we say since he havent even bother to give a answer.

Level 37
It has been over 20 days since I posted that comment and not to be offensive but I dont think he cares about whatever we say since he havent even bother to give a answer.

Yep, and that's really pathetic.

Just give us all that you have finish.No one in
the world can't make a mod like this.
Why you don't give us the mod when its allready dead?

Yea, give it to the fans. That's the least you can do, creator.

Level 25
Believe it or not, I do care what fans have to say. I just can't provide good answers this time.

But seeing that there are other aspiring modders for WarCraft III who may be able to lead the project to a better stage of completion than I, I have come to the conclusion that I WILL RELEASE TWO VERSIONS OF THE MOD SOMETIME TONIGHT.

The two versions will be the most up to date one, which really isn't playable, and the old version that isn't compatible with 1.24 that is playable. They will be unprotected and the content contained in the mod will be available to everyone. I am sorry that I could not finish the mod, but it was too much for just a couple people to complete. Hopefully someone else in the community can make better use of the resources we had.

[EDIT]
I thought it'd be nice to actually release the project on April Fools, a date I've fooled thousands of the release in the past April Fools days. So this is just to confirm I am not pulling anyone's prosthetic leg here. :]

Last edited:
Level 24
awsome unprotected and free to play with good to hear that you actually do care even tho it took you a mounth :p

Level 24
I agree with Dr.House +rep for realesing the long desired map I really hope some1 will pick up where you lefted it, and if not we'll have to enjoy usingthese models and skins in our own maps :) Good luck with arden heroes.

Rapidshare said:
The file of the above link no longer exists. This could be for several reasons:
The uploader deleted the file
The file contained illegal contents and was deleted from our servers by our abuse-team.
The file is incorrect
The server is busy and can not process the request.

Unassigned file limit of 10 downloads reached. (ea61428e)

can someone reupload?

Level 6
Hehe, well, that would have actually been a great April Fools joke :p. Lie about releasing the beta, and some time later actually release it.

Level 25
I wonder. Craka_J would you allow me to make a terraining map out of this? i got enough free time so i could do it with your permission afcourse.

Go for it!

I don't think this is a permanent good-bye for me. I tend to always go back to it to throw in more terraining improvements and so on. But I wouldn't count on it --- Ardent Heroes ORPG is my first priority project at the moment and we're trying to push for a BETA release in a few weeks.

Level 24
Well I can't still do anything with it since I'm trying to fix my computer and this computer I'm using now can't open w3n files :D But a question to when I can open it, is it cool if I use the grunt skin and maybe someother skins? (I'll give the maker of the skins credit for it ofc.)

Level 19
Hmm, I'll try keeping these threads as active as possible though, since I know of some people who are willing to use this project as an example, ask for permission to continue some stuff, or just want to find out and discuss more about this:)

Level 10
Currently i have wc3 1.24 version, when i used version changer to 1.23version and tried this mod Wc3:WoW - Version 1.5 [BETA] i see black screen, nothing more i can wait forever but i still see black screen. Maybe someone know why?

Last edited:
Level 10
No, then I enter campaign, press "enter world" ( I don't remember how it called ) and see black screen. I tried on 1.24 Wc3:WoW - Version 1.5 [BETA], I enter hero selection whiteout any problems and select any hero ,then I send back to campaign screen.

Level 2
Craka_J You're doing one of the most ambitious projects in warcraft 3, and I think you are behaving to him before the release, and I as a fan of the project would help you, in general, that's Russian site with WoWmodels , and forgive me for my slightly broken English

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 19
Argh, really hope somebody (Or even Craka himself, at best) would be able to continue this, a lot of potential shouldn't go to waste so easily.

Level 24
Well if more people with potential would have joined the team this project wouldn't have gonne to the dump :(

Level 7
Sorry to see that the mod is dead. I've been following it for a while hoping for a finished release. Guess that's not gonna happen anytime soon though. /sigh

In any case, sir, do you mind if I use these maps and models in my upcoming projects? I'll give credit where it's due, never fear. :)