• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

{OLD} Wc3:WoW Discussion

What should the Wc3:WoW Team focus on most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
That bug usually occurs when you click on a character that brings up a dialog window. If you click them once, it should work fine. Sometimes it takes a minute to actually respond. But once you click him the second or third or whatever time, the dialog will just duplicate itself. Someone reported this privately before and noted that the bottom two choices are the ones that should work out of all of them.

~Craka_J

Level 7
Spell Bars

Hey im not sure if this has been posted, but here comes my idea for spell bars, i hope you can use it. Like in TKoK you can get acess to a item system, if you could make a inventory like that item system right over the bar where you can see the map and you hero and so on, it could be like the spell bar in WoW. Then when you learn a spell, it should be a item, so you could place it in that inventory/spellbar thing, the items/spells should be moveable (so you can place the spell just the way you want them yourself). And if you could make i trigger where, when you press "1" you cast the spell in item slot one then when you press "2" you cast the second spell, and so on. 8I hope you can some of this :grin:

Level 25
Note again that we need JASers, not people who claim they are good at GUI triggers. GUI triggers are utter shit and useless to us from now on.

Also, please do not post random posts like "Too bad I can't JASS but am good at GUI. :(" because it wastes space. If you want to post something, please try to make it a relevant post rather than a post just to look at.

~Craka_J

Level 3
Callex- sim antz

extend the size of the map from 256x256 to perhaps maybe 500x500.

is it not possible to bring your camera in, trim it a bit and shrink everything else, my friend callex created a game called sim ants, and in his second release of it he used a sub-tiny map, and made it medium-large ish size, alowing him to work with his ants on a huge map,

the only real flaw to this is terrain, by scaling up he had to compress a very detailed grass image so that he didnt get very choppy and oviously repeatative terraining,
however if you just do this on a small scale, for prhaps X2 enlargement, you get no real downsides, and the size and fly limits avaliable to you go up, because, ofcourse to the player, everything is more :eekani:

Level 4
He is not talking about making everything smaller but lowering camera.
It is possible to make map size up to 420x420 , I think.

Level 8
O yah cracka if u still need those music/sound files heres all the ones i could find.

World Themes
Main Title:Legends of azeroth
The Shaping of the World
Legacy
Sng of Elune
Echos of the past
A Call To Arms
Intro Movie:Seasons of War

City Themes

Stormwind
Orgrimmar
The Undercity
Thunder Bluff
Darnassus
Ironforge

Zone Music

Elwynn Forest
Duskwood
Dun Morogh
Burning Steeps
Shimering Flats
Felwood
Stranglethorn Vale
Tanaris
Teldrassil

Outhers

Tavern
MoonFall
Ruins
Temple
Lurking
Sacred
Graveyard
War

Level 5
I'd like to ask two questions:
-How many terrainers do you have?
-(I know it has been discussed countless times before, but... ) I know you are not going to create the whole Outland/Northrend zones (though Blizz really did a great job at WoTLK), but I'd like to know if WC:III WoW will include The Scarlet Enclave (DK start zone), and Death Knights. I know it's expansion and etc, but today I had a chance to try a Death Knight personally, and level it from 55-61 (I suck I know :p ), and the whole theme of it, the whole class _totally_rules_. Best_class_ever. Best_starting_zone_ever. In hope of a positive response.

Level 25
Upload all songs (and sounds) from WoW that you can!

And to answer Csicska's questions:
  1. Me, Bob27, and MadseN. Right now I'm the only one working, but once we get a triggerer who actually works and gets things done and is truly dedicated, Bob27 and MadseN will get to go at the campaign's terrain next.
  2. No.

~Craka_J

Level 18
ahhh can u give links to those songsS???

i have been looking for downloadable WOW songs :O !

and you can make maps up to 480 x 480, using WEU, UMSWE, and NEWJEN.

and for the Jasser, try and see if you can contact :

" bob666 "

^^^ he is EXCELLENT scriptor, im not sure if he would help you, but you should check out his maps :

combat zone 3.6
and
Subcom paradise

best freaken map is combat zone. the coding is leakless. superb. and so freaken advanced that it blowsmy mind. he has all physics in that map too :O its crazy

Level 7
Map size

Try play the map "Dawn of the Dead 6.0" the map in DotD is larger than normal, well it is hard to explain but if you try the map you will se what i mean and maybe you can do the same thing to make you maps bigger?

Level 5
Try play the map "Dawn of the Dead 6.0" the map in DotD is larger than normal, well it is hard to explain but if you try the map you will se what i mean and maybe you can do the same thing to make you maps bigger?

For Gods sake, it has been explained hundreds of times that they already know how to make a map bigger than 256x256.

Level 5
er ... sorry no offence but i dunt think Wc: WOW is goin to be a very fun game , because it jus dun look WoWish and the models are weird , or the texture , sorry for the discouraging opinion that i have craka_j , but i tink u all can abandon Wc:WOW and finish apacolypse , it looks btr then WC:WOW in game

Level 24
ahhh can u give links to those songsS???

i have been looking for downloadable WOW songs :O !

and you can make maps up to 480 x 480, using WEU, UMSWE, and NEWJEN.

and for the Jasser, try and see if you can contact :

" bob666 "

^^^ he is EXCELLENT scriptor, im not sure if he would help you, but you should check out his maps :

combat zone 3.6
and
Subcom paradise

best freaken map is combat zone. the coding is leakless. superb. and so freaken advanced that it blowsmy mind. he has all physics in that map too :O its crazy

First of all, this isn't the place for requests. Second, recommending random people who are proficient coders isn't really all that helpful, seeing as there are plenty of good coders out there, and the main issue is finding one with time.

er ... sorry no offence but i dunt think Wc: WOW is goin to be a very fun game , because it jus dun look WoWish and the models are weird , or the texture , sorry for the discouraging opinion that i have craka_j , but i tink u all can abandon Wc:WOW and finish apacolypse , it looks btr then WC:WOW in game

I doubt that they'll listen too you, or should seeing the progress already made on the map.

For Gods sake, it has been explained hundreds of times that they already know how to make a map bigger than 256x256.

Quoted for truth. So shut the hell up about it.

Level 18
well on the previous page if im not mistaken, said to recommend any good scriptors, and i did. If it doesn't help you, then okay.

it will be your loss for not contacting Bob666. becuase he is probably THE BEST coder. not just a proficient coder. he probably wont EVEN help you becuase he is the shit with his codes.

Level 5
I'm not a tester, so I wouldn't know.

Me neither. But the guy who made it uploaded it in a thread here so that everyone that wanted could test it.

I just thought that you had put it in the garbage bin (insert better phrase here) because it was buggy or something (not that I found any bugs but still).
I took it for granted that you would know about the system since you are a member of the team ;P

Level 19
How would the food system be hard to modify?
The maximum copper coins you can have is 99, so you can just add to the food used with triggers and if it hits 100+ divide it by 10 and convert it to wood (silver)

PS If you want, I could probably help beta test the map for you.

Level 25
Development Update:
No major terrain updates whatsoever, but there has been some good progress in other fields. Hawkwing has finished the Stormwind white marble tile for Wc3:WoW and has also made a minor fix to the Neutral Flag texture. I'll try to upload a Stormwind preview with the tile being used. For a very long time now, we've had no one with an advanced knowledge of JASS. However, recently we recruited hvo-busterkomo and progress is actually finally being made in that area. While he is working on the heavy list of stuff to do that was supposed to be done by BoneBreaker months ago, I'll be either attending to the new Orgrimmar's terrain or just sitting back ordering everyone to do what they need to get done.

Not a tremendous amount of progress being done, but with hvo-busterkomo on our development team now, I think we can actually start moving forward again and bring the project even closer to its release.

~Craka_J

Level 2
??

Craka dont get me wrong but i am wondering why do you bother making this project i mean i will be first one to dl it and play it but again i just dont understand people have REAL WoW to play and those one who dont want to pay have crack servers and they can play it there i am realy excited about this and i wont to try it out but team of talented people like you guys should make theri own MMORPG or a multiplayer map that will leave DotA in dust i just dont get it you can do much better and orginal maps than this i 2 make custom maps but i would never be capable to make something like that at least for now my point is that you guys can and should make something better than Wc3-WoW because if I have to choose between WoW and Wc3-WoW what do you think i would choose REAL WoW or Wc3 version of it i have old Demo and i like it it is cool and inovative but whit your talent give people something new not so copy of good game overall i will play it and i look forword to realesing open beta but you are wasting too much time on someting stupid you have too much talent make something new and inovative. This is inovative too but it is copy of game why dont you make campain of warcraft 4 for example it will be long process but belive me people will like much more than Wc3-WoW and i repeat dont get me wrong i look forwoard to realising beta but i prefer something NEW not some copy's. And look it from gamer's point of view even if (it will) Wc3-WoW become popular it will only last for limited time not forever so make something that will stay in people's memories so much for now and dont get me wrong i can't w8 beta

Craka dont get me wrong but i am wondering why do you bother making this project i mean i will be first one to dl it and play it but again i just dont understand people have REAL WoW to play and those one who dont want to pay have crack servers and they can play it there i am realy excited about this and i wont to try it out but team of talented people like you guys should make theri own MMORPG or a multiplayer map that will leave DotA in dust i just dont get it you can do much better and orginal maps than this i 2 make custom maps but i would never be capable to make something like that at least for now my point is that you guys can and should make something better than Wc3-WoW because if I have to choose between WoW and Wc3-WoW what do you think i would choose REAL WoW or Wc3 version of it i have old Demo and i like it it is cool and inovative but whit your talent give people something new not so copy of good game overall i will play it and i look forword to realesing open beta but you are wasting too much time on someting stupid you have too much talent make something new and inovative. This is inovative too but it is copy of game why dont you make campain of warcraft 4 for example it will be long process but belive me people will like much more than Wc3-WoW and i repeat dont get me wrong i look forwoard to realising beta but i prefer something NEW not some copy's. And look it from gamer's point of view even if (it will) Wc3-WoW become popular it will only last for limited time not forever so make something that will stay in people's memories so much for now and dont get me wrong i can't w8 beta

Because we can and we will. I doubt it will be played but it shows that we are able to accomplish something.

Level 18
i think that the real WOW, even though it is very fun sometimes....i think WC3 WOW will be even better than the original.

there is something about WC3 that seperates itself from WOW, and that is the freedom to create places, and play a game that you made within it.

WOW is too restricting, and is the same place over again... Wc3 WOW will have a newish look, a cool feel and a sence of super accomplishment when playing it.

Level 17
I have no idea what you are trying to say. Maybe a period or two next time?

Level 5

Big Wall of Text critical strikes DrunkenPanda200 for 1.000.000 fire damage.
You die
******* wants to resurrect you.
You are resurrected.
You cast shadowbolt.
Wall of Text resists.
Wall of Text critical strikes you for 4.000.000 fire, shadow, holy and nature damage.
You are permanently dead.
And so are your children, and your childrens children.

I didn't read it all since I was overwhelmed by it's horrible powers, but I take it that you don't understand why Craka and co does this at all. The answer is:
Wc3:WoW is meant for the people who can't afford WoW's horrifying mothly fees and blaha etc.

And the reason why Craka and co keeps working with it is... well... mostly because they want to. I honestly have no idea.

Level 21

Why do people make TD's in warcraft 3? Why do people make RPG's in warcraft 3? There are plenty of those that are better already, and if you don't want to pay for them you can download them too through torrents...

Level 2
Hellooo

did you read the text man i am not trying to put project down i look forwoard to it i was just trying to understand why are you doing this you can do something much better and interesting you obviusly didnt read my post well nvm foregt about it i didnt mean anything bad

Status
Not open for further replies.