1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

{OLD} Wc3:WoW Discussion

Discussion in 'Warcraft 3: World of Warcraft' started by Craka_J, Jun 26, 2007.

?

What should the Wc3:WoW Team focus on most?

1. Terrain: Landscapes, Cityscapes, making all surroundings as similar to WoW as possible.

20.9%
  2. Characters visuality: Visible equipped weapons and armor, physical features such as beards or hair-s

17.9%
  3. Class balancing: Make all classes as balanced as possible, to make PvP much more competitive.

6.8%
  4. PvE: Quests, Mobs, Instances/Dungeons, etc.

16.3%
  5. The Website: Make the website have a more Warcrafty style, add more information about Wc3:WoW's prog

0.8%
  6. Cool WoW-Like Features: Auction House, Inventory system, Battlegrounds, Talent Tree system, Party/Ra

18.6%
  7. Fix it: Fix as many bugs as humanly possible before proceeding to progress on another part of the pr

6.1%
  8. Beta Teams: Make the Closed Beta team a bit larger. Focus on their suggestions and consider their id

1.5%
  9. Ventrilo/Chatrooming: Get a ventrilo server for fans to get a chance to gather and talk to the Wc3:W

0.9%
  10. Advertisement: Focus strongly on advertising Wc3:WoW on YouTube vidoes, Battle Net, etc. and release

2.7%
  11. PvP: Make Player VS Player/Bot more entertaining, balanced, and skill-based.

7.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Post questions, suggestions, compliments, and other commentary, here!
    Talk only about Wc3:WoW/WoW and please try not to go too far off-topic.
    ~Craka_J

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
  2. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Craka now that WC3:wow is up and runnin' again what about reinviting Nas and freak, or dont they want to?

3. lom109

lom109

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can you have absolutely NO PARTYING for levels from 1~25 ??... its sort of dumb when they follow you around and leveling for you..

4. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nasrudin and Freakazoid left on their own will and still do not wish to rejoin the Wc3:WoW Team. Freakazoid has quit Wc3 all together and I haven't been able to get Nasrudin to contact me back. I believe he has left as well.

We will keep the partying system the way it is. They follow you and help you level faster. And in the next version, if we include some instances, they will become very handy and required.
    If you don't want anyone in your group, don't bother inviting them...

5. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    A shame that this world is made of capitalists, that makes me sad :sad:
    Not u, but that u cant even make a little online game without having to pay for it :thumbs_down:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
  6. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well we don't have to pay. But for a good one, we do. Anyone can start their own server really, but ours (the official ones) will obviously be faster. And if we pay for servers, it'll be ten times faster.

7. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    As you may have read in one of the threads, we promised to have some things such as a Talent system and an advanced character inventory system. However I am afraid that some of these things will not be in the public beta due to our JASS scripter TripX being called by Blizzard Entertainment for a new game they are making that I will not reveal. So until she returns, those systems will probably not be added to WC3:WoW unless if we find some one good enough to make what she attempted.

If you believe that you have what it takes, then please, feel free to E-Mail the team. But please note that you must provide evidence that you are capable of making systems in JASS.
    ~Craka_J; Leader of the WC3:WoW Team.

8. iron_warrior

iron_warrior

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Whaaaa...?

Got my attention.

Just wondering, how far ahead is your movement system? Can you straft or use the WASD keys yet?

9. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No, it would fuck it up completely. [A] == attack, == stop
    We will use arrow keys, unless RtC is complete.

10. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    How are the skills working? I DL an old beta a while ago (You had one up for like a few days I think) and I thought it was very uncomplete and not that good, but it was a beta.

11. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The priest class has been revamped almost completely and I think the Rogue and Warlock had about 10 abilties revamped. Shados said he was going to finish the Warlock, but things have been moving very slowly with abilities. Closed Beta testers won't have very much new stuff to test for bugs at first, but as we get deeper in the making of WC3:WoW the testers will be needed to find more bugs more often.
    ~Craka_J

12. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've been studying the terrain of WC3:WoW and comparing it to World of Warcraft's terrain and have been trying to find the flaws. And for a while I couldn't figure out what it was. But now I know exactly what it is: We need to elevate the terrain by making hills much larger and mountains much taller. We'll have to exadurate the height of things and this also includes rescaling everything in WC3:WoW a lot larger such as buildings and trees.

What keeps the terrainer(s) from doing this? Well the main problem with making the terrain like WoW is the camera system we have for WC3:WoW. Although it is very similar to WoW's, the camera system is limited and can get glitched at times when you walk on top of a tall hill or get too close to a mountain. So due to this problem, we're going to have to get our JASS scripters onto the camera system and try to make it adjust to the terrain in a special way, perhaps in a way that won't require the terrain to be done first and have the camera adjust on its own naturally at proper times. We are not positive if this will work, but it is something we'll be trying to engage in the triggering and terraining field for a while now. If it proves to be a failure, we'll confirm that it either isn't possible, is too much work, or that we need a very skilled JASS scripter to do such a thing.

The only bad thing about us having to scale things larger is that the terrainers will have to make either each zone compact together, or make numerous terrain maps, each a different part of a zone. We'll try to avoid having to do this but hopefully if we find a way to extend the size of the map from 256x256 to perhaps maybe 500x500. If we could do this, it'd make it a lot easier on our terrainers and we'd have to import less maps. But in another sense, it may make terraining harder for the terrainers because they will have to make a replica of the terrain as exact as they possibly can, which would take even longer in the terraining process. So if you have any idea how to increase the size of the map past 256x256, please contact us and let the team know. Or you can post here! We would appreciate it very much.
    ~Craka_J; Leader of the WC3:WoW Team.

13. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    500X500?! Are you mad? 256X256 in third person already lags!

14. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    craka right now i have a very useful bug on my char in wow, i can fly outside of outlands. So tell me anything you need pics off :D

15. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    lol nice bug discovery, just don't tell blizz ;)
    Need screenshots of Stormwind and Elwyn!
    ~Craka_J

16. iron_warrior

iron_warrior

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Hey Craka, do you have a spellcasting system yet? If you do, when you click on a spell Icon, do you need to mouse onto an enemy, then click it to begin casting the spell, or do you automatically on an enemy, like in WoW?

17. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No, we do not have a spell casting system or casting bar or anything special within the spell barriers. But I do like that idea and I will consider trying to get that into WC3:WoW before the Open Beta.
    ~Craka_J

18. iron_warrior

iron_warrior

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yeah, my least favourite part about Warcraft 3 maps that are based around Heroes is the fact you have the click the Icon/Hotkey then scroll over and click the hero. Sometimes there's hit test problems...and...ugh.

However, this would be very fix since if you're already selecting a target unit, then you cannot have your own hero selected and thus cannot cast abilities.

Sure there's a way around it though ;)

19. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah I have a feeling that TKoK ORPG creator "Vexen.X" tried this for his ORPG, but due to how WC3's engine's flaws, it wasn't perfect.
    I fear that we'll encounter many problems in the process of making this system. But what I am afraid of even more is if it is even possible! I'll let all of you know what's going on in the spell field later when newer and cooler stuff get developed.
    ~Craka_J

20. iron_warrior

iron_warrior

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Okay, here's a VERY quick map I made featuring automatic casting. I have no idea if you'd be able to make any use of this, but it was fun anyways. It's not multi-instanceable, and there are some flaws (When you right-click on something, it doesn't change your target) but it's neat anyways.

I just made a unit variable that switches whenever you select a unit, attack a unit, or are ordered to attack a unit. If it did actually turn out to be something you could expand on, you could put more conditions in on whether or not the target is an ally or what. Currently, it only checks range and if there is a unit "Selected."

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.