• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

{OLD} Wc3:WoW Discussion

What should the Wc3:WoW Team focus on most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Good new guys. The hero creation system is nearly complete and should work fine. The new system is also much simpler and smaller in size than the old one.

Good to get back on topic, and that is some awesome news!

Can we see a screenshot, you know a picture tells more than a thousand words, or something :xxd:

Dunno how many words a video count for, but it's better than a picture :wink:

Thanks

Level 4
Good to get back on topic, and that is some awesome news!

Can we see a screenshot, you know a picture tells more than a thousand words, or something :xxd:

Dunno how many words a video count for, but it's better than a picture :wink:

Thanks
well video is just a really fast diashow so really many words

anyway its good that you have the new system:grin:

Level 8
As you may have read in one of the threads, we promised to have some things such as a Talent system and an advanced character inventory system. However I am afraid that some of these things will not be in the public beta due to our JASS scripter TripX being called by Blizzard Entertainment for a new game they are making that I will not reveal. So until she returns, those systems will probably not be added to WC3:WoW unless if we find some one good enough to make what she attempted.

If you believe that you have what it takes, then please, feel free to E-Mail the team. But please note that you must provide evidence that you are capable of making systems in JASS.
~Craka_J; Leader of the WC3:WoW Team.

Okay, I think I know what game it is! My brother's a zombie. Completely obsessed with WoW. He met a guy associated, personally, with the director of WoW (from what I understood). And he explained the new game Blizzard Entertainment might be making. This was in the summer... But WOW. That's huge, being invited into blizzard. I won't give away anything bout the game.

Level 5
Now that's completely off-topic. But anyway, I would say it's a good bet that Blizz are making Warcraft IV. Not only because a certain person has said so (we shall not name him), but also because:
They are currently working on Diablo III and Starcraft II, which means there is only one of their three "universes" left; Warcraft.

And now: back on topic (as much as possible)

Level 21
Now that's completely off-topic. But anyway, I would say it's a good bet that Blizz are making Warcraft IV. Not only because a certain person has said so (we shall not name him)
Who? John the troll?

but also because:
They are currently working on Diablo III and Starcraft II, which means there is only one of their three "universes" left; Warcraft.
I fail to see how this means they're working on warcraft 4. In fact, it's known they have only 3 teams (which is 2 more than in the before-wow era): 1 for WoW, 1 for SC2 and 1 for D3.

And if they are "working" on wc4, it is most certainly in a stage where no programming or modelling has been done yet.

Level 8
I hope they'll make new races to it, obviously using their ideas of models they use in WoW. Gnomes.... Draenei, Tauren etc... It shud be awesome. I'm hoping to see that in this very map though... To see: 'A basic version of WoW', using the warcraft 3 as a game engine ofc. Im looking forward on seeing how they'll fix mounts, spells, arena's etc.

EDIT: World rather than map lolxD

Level 1
I think the most interesanting parts in the wow are classes, tears, instances, pvp, pve, that simply calling ppl to play wow. It's fun and never boring. I can get pictures of instances, worlds, cities and everything else witch u need. Because im a GM on 1 private server, can take pictures of bosses too. I have make an wc3wow icon for game if u need it: Warcraft WoW.zip
im just trying to help anyway i can and know. So GL & HF :)

Edit:
When i was playing beta version i notice that the "pc" players won't enter in fight for you if u don't attack first, even if u are in a grp, i got stuck too. Stucked between archer, anicent protector, boat and another party member so i can't move, didn't have control of party member so i must to quit and play it again :/ Make auto-unstack spell or something like that for example blink with 5min cooldown like real wow auto-unstacker.

Continuously pressing the "S" (stop) key will order your party mates whom are PC controlled to move into the direction you are facing.

Heh. That's a pretty good idea. I think the team should elaborate more on party control. You should integrate some spells like "Call for Heal" "Send in Tank" - where the hero with the most armour is sent in to attack - and such. Though it may not seem World of Warcraft-like, the whole single-player concept isn't in the first place. If the whole single-player system is to be functional such things will have to be added in to make it feel somewhat similar to multiplayer.

Level 9
Heh. That's a pretty good idea. I think the team should elaborate more on party control. You should integrate some spells like "Call for Heal" "Send in Tank" - where the hero with the most armour is sent in to attack - and such. Though it may not seem World of Warcraft-like, the whole single-player concept isn't in the first place. If the whole single-player system is to be functional such things will have to be added in to make it feel somewhat similar to multiplayer.

Let's first see how life-like those bots is going to be :wink:

Maybe it's them who is going to order you to go tank and such :grin:

Level 25

Improving the controlability over the Player Bots in your group is something we'll eventually get to and hopefully excel in. Being able to tell specific bots (or the whole group) to attack a specific target, or to heal/buff a target, etc. That's what we're hoping to accomplish later on when we start focusing on that.

Level 18
maybe key words when you type something in.

like :

"Heal me mothafuka !!" , and you recognize " Heal me " (like that GUI event - a player types in heal me as an exact message, but change exact message to a substring or somthing )

and then it will tell the AI to heal you. Problem is,, if the player spells heal wrong, they are screwwed.

Last edited:
Level 2
hi just made an account on Hive Workshop

I looked at some of the screen shots for your big project and i have to say it looks great
brings me back to when i played WoW

Has Your team shown any photos of your models for the characters In Wc3: WoW Or pictures of what some of the armor and weapons look like equipped on the heros?
I think i may have seen one of them for a night elf priest in one of the screen shots i mentioned earlier

Level 2
Craka J how is the project coming along?

were you able to find more people to work on it?
(i dont want to join im not good with all that technical stuff)

just curious to see if ill be able to play this in the future

maybe key words when you type something in.

like :

"Heal me mothafuka !!" , and you recognize " Heal me " (like that GUI event - a player types in heal me as an exact message, but change exact message to a substring or somthing )

and then it will tell the AI to heal you. Problem is,, if the player spells heal wrong, they are screwwed.

I like that idea, but I think there should be common commands for it as well, like -heal, or -go tank.

Level 25
In one of the news posts on the website (Wc3 : WoW | A modification for 'Warcraft III:The Frozen Throne') there are three screenshots. The dwarves and humans characters were lost, but we're still using the Tauren model/texture. Hopefully Hawkwing can recreate them soon.

Wc3:WoW is doing pretty decent and is improving. With the amount of attention and respect we've gained after joining ModDB, we've all become motivated to work harder.

Level 11
It's taken me a while to get up to date on this. If this actually gets finished in my life time I think I'll end up enjoying it more than WoW.

Is there even a remote possibility this will be playable on battle.net?

Also, we miss you on the Age of Chivalry forums. :cry:

Level 4
In one of the news posts on the website (Wc3 : WoW | A modification for 'Warcraft III:The Frozen Throne') there are three screenshots. The dwarves and humans characters were lost, but we're still using the Tauren model/texture. Hopefully Hawkwing can recreate them soon.

Wc3:WoW is doing pretty decent and is improving. With the amount of attention and respect we've gained after joining ModDB, we've all become motivated to work harder.

does this mean your gonna work even harder, if its possible :con:

Level 2
i have another question

In WoW there is a PvP ground called Warsong Gultch
There is a place on both sides of the team alliance or horde a long tunnel thats inside the base that goes to the flag spot
how will you recreate that?

Level 2
Hello Craka, I just discovered this that there is going to be WoW in Wc3 System yesterday. I just saw much forums and sites for this and saw some screenshots, and I am very happy and I cant wait until it comes out. I tried the demo and it is cool. But I really love if you can put on the map the "Draw and Seathe Weapons and Shield (or Bow, Gun, etc.) Like when you press "Z" on WoW it draws the weapons out, I will be very thankfull if you do that. Reply me...Thank you.

Level 2
Yeah

I am really happy with this project. I just wanna say, can you make:
-Jumping
-Draw/Seathe weapons
-Mounts
-Same controls as WoW as possible
-Racial Abilities
Reply me...thank you.

Level 2
i also watched a few videos on youtube it was titled warcraft 3 WoW models i dont know
if they will be used in Wc3 WoW but they looked excellent

Level 25
No WoW exported models; sorry!

As for skin tones, we're just going to adjust the Red, Blue, and Green color values of the model. It saves filespace and time. None of our models have custom animations such as eat, drink, mount, or any emotes.

Do the current hero models have custom/more animations for mounts,flights,eat/drink?

When this project becomes released again, can we have like 2-3 diffrent skins of each of the avaible races? Like a black-white tauren, brown, and black!?

I can easily do some colour changes like that, if we want to. As for the animations, there aren't enough active animators around to do that.

Level 25
No, not yet. However, soon I'll create an area both on the website and on the forum that will be updated every week or so - whenever real progress is made - in an organized list format. Meaning, progress made will be listed as it would be in a patch log. If you still don't understand, you'll find out when I decide to post them.

Level 2
hey craka j got another question about the warsoc program

if im correct warcsoc allows 40 ppl to play on the same map?

if so how will this work would you have to find other peoples ip to play with them
or will there be an easier way like a list of tons of ppls ips so u can add their ip and play with them?
can a person have more than 40 ips since those 40 ppl wont be online 24/7?
can you please explain warsoc to me and all the features it has?

Level 18
lol

maybe you should do that, but the opposite.

see what the people like first like " oohh do molten core " or " do zul gurub "

and then which ever top 3 had the most votes, then create those three, instead of creating all of them >.> i guess it would save u alot of work.

Level 25
I just talked with MindWorX a day or two ago and he told me that the program is able to support 255 players. We can have 2,000 players per server if we wanted, but the host of the server would have to have a really good upload connection or else it'll be very laggy.

Level 2
hmmm sounds alot better than i thought it would be

so there are going to be different servers
how will that work
so 255 players all together playing in the game with you including the different maps?
hmmm

just to make sure this game will be free except for a few thousand thank yous right?

Status
Not open for further replies.