• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Oakheart Lands

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Oakheart Lands
159029-023ac2771e6086e4a21294ddda974e3f.png

Brief Description

A 5v5 melee map with 1 tavern, 2 merc. cams, 1 goblin shop, 2 goblin labs, 1 marketplace, 10 exp. goldmines, 1 for each player. I used like 17600 doodads.

Map Layout

temporaly, I will improve it later. With the icons and creep marks
pending

159019-2aa362297d05ab4ae1ed6c8dd41e1f93.png

Changelog.

1.00 upload.

Credits

Map made by Ragnaros17

Author notes
I wanted to:
- Do a pure Ashenvale map with Ashenvale tiles and creeps, satyrs, spiders, fulborgs, thunder lizzards, dark trolls, wolfs, murlocks, I didnt want to use other tilesets creeps.
- I wanted to put the most amount of players in a 163x132, because I wanted to have the most early pvp posible, and less walking distances.
Contents

Oakheart Lands (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Generally, it's not easy to create a good-unique layout for maps with many players, especially as many. And this one is pretty straightforward, the pretty stuff being outside of ground range. It's balanced however standard in terms of design...
Level 29
Reserved

Is not new that all my melee maps are 1 million of years to reach ladder.
So I hope this one is better than the all other maps I made so far.

Any feedback would be most welcome. I would really like to know if this map may worth for a ladder play.

(1 of the starting positions is not being show, left down of the map, I used the 1.29, is a common thing, like in the 24 maps)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 29
I think you could open up the map a lot more by removing trees near center.
Yellow start is going to take a much harder beating than someone like teal, who's gonna get stuck inside his base.

yeah , I could remove some trees, now that I look the map after you point the idea, nice hint.

"Yellow start is going to take a much harder beating than someone like teal, who's gonna get stuck inside his base."

Well my idea, by luck, is that yellow (and red) should rush and focus in tier 2 and teal rush to tier 3 or focus on aerial.
also yellow has violet near to help.

the idea is that teams are balanced, while there are differences in terms of neutral access and expanding options.

I played this map and went for a pure rifleman sorceress combo, so I slow the enemy and polimorph the enemy taurens and enemy aerials (flying sheeps).
I hope people can have that kind of fun as I had., of course I always remind behind friendly melee units.

I am asking if this worths ladder, because if not, it will be pointless to put more effort and try to improve it further, it can remain as it is and float in my junkyard melee pack with my other unbalanced maps.

this map is somehow like Feralas ladder map, but with 10 players and some asymetric simetry.
Feralas.jpg

Level 24
I think you can make ladder viable, but i doubt it's going to be popular.
The most popular 4v4 RT maps are the ones that provide freedom of movement.
Freedom of movement also enables the more fun ideas like flamestrike towerplanting in trees.
I think that the map would actually be better if you barely had anything in center.

I get that you want to make positions slightly different, but you have to keep in mind that some players crumble more easily than others under pressure, so it's usually in best interest of the team as a whole that most spawns are "equal". So that you don't get unlucky by having your weakest player spawn in the key spawn.

edit:
something like this.
Keep center and just open entries to base.
I think maybe you can rotate expansions towards the players for extra safety too since it will be hard to expand otherwise.

Attachments

• bbcaf6b3.jpg
    bbcaf6b3.jpg
    493.7 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Level 29
I think you can make ladder viable, but i doubt it's going to be popular.
The most popular 4v4 RT maps are the ones that provide freedom of movement.
Freedom of movement also enables the more fun ideas like flamestrike towerplanting in trees.
I think that the map would actually be better if you barely had anything in center.

I get that you want to make positions slightly different, but you have to keep in mind that some players crumble more easily than others under pressure, so it's usually in best interest of the team as a whole that most spawns are "equal". So that you don't get unlucky by having your weakest player spawn in the key spawn.

edit:
something like this.
Keep center and just open entries to base.
I think maybe you can rotate expansions towards the players for extra safety too since it will be hard to expand otherwise.

After 5 mins of looking your draw, I can make one opening more but not boths, because the tree line should be very dense to protect the back of the goldmine. I can do it, open the paths with the green but no with the orange,
upload_2019-5-13_14-6-47.png

but yes I feel it would be great to try and have one opening more at least. (already in my agenda to do).
but also I would wait if there is more feedback and or the map moderation (also finished this recently, so gonna rest of this map, I dont want to rush and update now).

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Generally, it's not easy to create a good-unique layout for maps with many players, especially as many. And this one is pretty straightforward, the pretty stuff being outside of ground range.

It's balanced however standard in terms of design.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
Daffa the Mage
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/